Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk my phone fell in water

Donator — ~love~ Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 05:21:04 )
I'm doing the ol' rice trick and hoping hes going to be okay (worked twice before on another phone), but I don't have a car and my only means of getting anywhere is uber/lyft. I used to use the bus but we've moved further out and there's no bus out here. I live with my sister and her wife but they're going out of town for the weekend and I work everyday theyre gone and they're freaking out about whether Im going to be okay. I'm sure I will, I have my tablet that I'm charging to use the uber app but they're going over a million and one situations when I've already solved it out for myself and it's really getting on me.

All else fails, I can there's a phone store down the street from my work and it'll suck to have to use my savings to get a new phone, but I can. It's a minor setback that might not even be anything as long as everyone calms down.

It sucks because they really care and I'm super grateful for it and all but they're driving me crazy and I'm going to start getting nervous on top of annoyed;;;

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 05:23:49 )
oh no D: I hope that your phone does end up working so that your family won't worry anymore. I mean, probably you can tell them what you're planning to do and that you got it all covered (but you probably did that already) so maybe you can just say that you're just going to do other things in the mean time and let them calm down?

Donator — ~love~ Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 05:34:27 )
@Peony: Yes, definitely, I have to be more careful with my phone too ahh! We had a little scare two days ago at the house too so I know it's unnerving for them, but I feel fine, I can manage it and I've let them know but they kind of doubt I guess my strategies, aha;; Basically I gave them the run down of what happened and what I'll do, and then they made me explain again what happened, add more rice to the phone when it's already properly covered (wasting rice oh no q -q), ask every little thing, complain they won't be able to call me when I get home (they never do to begin with etc) and it's just like, they always manage to do this, I'm feeling fine and confident and then they throw worry after worry (of theres) on me and then I feel nervous and anxious. I know they don't mean to, and when i do get nervous I just look annoyed so they just thing I'm under reacting or something.

awesome art by okios <33

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 07:04:53 )
@cedes: oh yeah I know that feel -- like okay yeah I can do this! and then I hear worries from other people and then start doubting myself, it really sucks x - x Maybe buy those chains that you can hook to your pants so that if ever you drop your phone it won't hit the ground? (or in this case water). Well I guess there's not much to do because they seem to always worry ; w ;

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.