Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat got recipes?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 01:23:47 )
got any fun recipes? dinners/breakfasts/desserts, whatever comes to mind. I love experimenting with new things to cook.
could be a typical dish made in a particularly yummy way, or could be something strange or different that you personally enjoy. Toss them all in here~

I may be influenced by hunger

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 01:46:31 )

@Seo: I have a facebook video saves with something I still want to try out someday.
https://www.facebook.com/JungleFoodEnvy/videos/1536359166407677/

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 01:56:54 )
oh oh, that looks amazing! def showing gf that when she gets home :vanora_xd:

This is a recipe I've tried a couple of months ago. I've since then tampered with the ingredients a bit (mostly adding to it). But its pretty much amazing
https://www.cookingclassy.com/tuscan-tortellini-vegetable-soup/

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 02:51:44 )
FuuChan Says...

I've been collecting recipes on my pinterest.
does that count?

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 03:19:02 )
I don't really go by rules xD Unless I'm baking...

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 05:34:35 )
@FuuChan:
Are those usually successful? XD Generally when people on my fb post results of anything pinterest, it tends to come out a bit weird.

@Shark:
Hahaha I think its my gfs fault that I do now. I did just fiiine before, but now she makes me follow timers and measurements... lmao
Anything you like baking?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 05:37:27 )
@Seo: I recently discovered the joys of cooking, but getting ingredients is pricey. I do prefer it to eating what other people make because I can season it how I want, and it usually tastes pretty good. For me, anyway.

One recipe I absolutely love is this omurice. Omg, I never had omurice before, but it's soo good.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 05:59:50 )
Ooh that also looks yummy. Ketchup sounds weird, but heck I'm willing to try it XD

Here's a sugar cookie recipe I made:
2 1/4 cup self rising flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1tbsp almond extract

beat sugar and butter in a large bowl at medium speed, until fluffy. beat in egg, vanilla, almond extract. gradually add flour. beat at low speed until its all blended.
cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours, or however long it takes until it becomes firm enough to roll out on the counter.
(make sure to cover counter and rolling pin with flour so dough doesn't stick and shred apart)
Of course, stamp with cookie cutters of your choice and bake them at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.

For the icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla (preferably clear so colors come out better, but brown works alright)
add whatever choice food coloring. I usually make about 3-4 bowls of this for different colors
The consistency of the icing is usually a bit runny. You can thicken it with more powdered sugar, or thin it with more milk. But ultimately it's going to act kind of like glaze and get all over the place :vanora_upsidedown:

let the cookies dry for a while after icing them for less mess and better texture :D

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 06:04:04 )
@Seo: Dude, I thought the same when I first saw omurice. Like, ketchup? Really? But it somehow works, and I've... admittedly been adding ketchup to most chicken stir-frys I make.

Sugar cookies are so good! That recipe sounds amazing! I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe somewhere but... rip, not on comp, and my hand is hurting to type it all out...

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 06:12:07 )
@Dowan:
Haha in that case you have me convinced.
Have you ever added peanutbutter chips to a chocolate chip cookie recipe? If not, you haven't even lived life yet

ama

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 08:12:25 )
Unicorn is a deer until a
I don't follow directions unless I am baking, I do my own for cooking.
Unicorn horn gets made!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 16:35:58 )
@Seo: Oh, dude. It sounds scrumptious, but I don't think I have? I've had peanut butter cookies before which were amazing.
The recipe I have for cookies I think uses walnuts? They're really good too. I love nuts in stuff.
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I had to double-take and Google that since I didn't know it was a food. LOL

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 17:05:19 )
Unicorn is a deer until a
I have a lot of recipes in my bookmarks, I have been cleaning out my bookmarks on my computer, because some don't work anymore so freeing up space.
Unicorn horn gets made!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.