Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee HELLO HUMANS (AND NON-HUMANS?)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 22:18:05 )
CG: I RECENTLY STUMBLED UPON THIS HUMAN SITE FOR SOCIALIZING AND AS OF NOW HAVE YET TO FIND A SPOT SUITABLE FOR CONSISTENT PESTERING.
I FEEL IT WOULD BE *RUDE* TO MEDDLE IN LONG ESTABLISHED GATHERING PLACES.
IT COULD ALSO VERY WELL BE THAT I AM JUST INCOMPETENT AT THIS WHOLE SOCIAL THING IN GENERAL. O:B
PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I CONTINUE TO RAMBLE ON LIKE A *COMPLETE* IDIOT.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 22:26:32 )
I wouldn't mind you coming to The Black Box and hanging with us there. But if you are too shy I can talk to you here. You can call me Sae I use this site to improve my art by accepting commissions and trying my best at each one. Tell me about yourself?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 22:38:30 )
@Saeyra: Hello, and thank you for the generous offer, Sae. I just discovered this site yesterday, and became really interested in the art style, and have been semi-lurking about since. I've used several other avatar based forum sites but generally am too timid to mingle in the community a whole lot. I thought the smaller userbase of this site seemed more attractive at first, but it might be even more scary, seeing such tight knit groups of the dedicated people all together. I feel it a little difficult to weasel my way into hangout spots and such where my social ineptitude makes me feel unwelcome, even when that may not be the case.

I thought perhaps playing in character might help me be a little more outgoing, but I'm not really sure if I should do that, or just be completely natural with things.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 22:47:30 )
Have a bubbly ~ ?

@Karkat: Hey there! First of, WELCOME TO VOLTRA! :D I am so glad the art style has grabbed your interest! I like it too. If you're gonna ramble on like an idiot, allow us to join you.
We humansrobots in disguise in The Black Box would love to engage in social activities with you! As you might see from our slogan, we may appear inept at times but rest assured we are trying!
(No really, we love new people and would love it even more if you gave us a chance to captureget to know you!)

It tastes like cotton candy!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 22:55:12 )
@Mica: Hey there to you as well! I'm pretty sure rambling like an idiot is one of my most honed skills, both in and out of character.
I might have to swing by and lurk some more chat a bit to see if I can make myself comfortable. Everyone sure seems friendly enough.
(Or is it just in your programming to act that way?!)

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 23:00:43 )
@Karkat: Yeah I get how you feel. This is the first avatar site where I have been really active. It gets less scary when you see how friendly most people are. It all starts with a hello . It is a small community so you will get to know almost everyone really fast. There is a community discussion on Discord coming up in 2 days on the 18th of November where you might get to hear everyone talking. You don't have to talk if you are shy but you can listen to the staff connect with the users :)

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 23:02:20 )
Have a bubbly ~ ?

@Karkat: Excellent, the more you ramble the more weknow your secrets get to know you!
Whatever makes you more comfortable! I just wanted to welcome you and extend the invitation!
Of course we're friendly! Initiate: deceive mode

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 23:08:28 )
@Karkat: On a side note. I have 2 sisters. The older one I call Car as a nickname and the younger one I call Kat....Your username is creepily similar :vanora_xd:

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 23:12:29 )
@Saeyra:
@Mica: Thank you both so much for your overwhelming hospitality. I think I'm gunna put in my best effort to join you in your before-mentioned hangout a bit later. :3c
I just have to decide whether I want to stay on this cosplay account for chatting, or switch to the more *normal* one I made with it, "Cats".
carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling you [??]

ALL CAPS IS IN CHARACTER.
Otherwise I'm O O C.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 23:17:29 )
Have a bubbly ~ ?

@Karkat: As long as you have fun in Voltra! Don't worry, if I see you around I'll be sure to bug you kuku.. you'll never be rid of me
(Cats are awesome)

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 23:21:37 )

Welcome on here. Come join us at panda's charity. We are a friendly bunch and you might even get some gifts.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.