Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing [IC]Fate Academy (Lit Romance/Competition GRP)

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:54:59 )

"Hello students and welcome to another year at Fate Academy! My name is Stephanie Triggs, but you may call me Headmistress. I'm very excited to welcome several new students to our academy! Fate Academy has always been home to some of the greatest talents and sharpest minds, and I look forward to forging a bright future with you all!

Every year brings new adventures and new lessons to be learned but I am certain if we work together and put our best foot forward, we will all benefit from a bright and shining future both here and wherever life takes us beyond Fate Academy.
"

Welcome! You are a new student at Fate Academy, a prestigious and well known school, home to children of all ages and talents. As you navigate your classes and find your place within the various social circles, we hope you will make friends, have fun, and flourish here at Fate Academy!

This game will be split into two parts. The first will simply be exploring your characters and getting to know the others, establishing friendships and perhaps more with them. This part will have a heavy emphasis on romance, but I will require that we keep it PG please. Think "school kid romance" rather than "adult romance".
The second part will be a competition, though I will not reveal the nature of the competition until it has started. There will be actual prizes for the winners, ranging between Volts to Ohms to Donation items, depending on what the winners want. So while you are all here to build a story, play your character, and interact, you are also here to win a game. Play nicely now!

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:56:50 )

"I hope you can bear with me just a little bit longer as I go over the School Rules. All students will be expected to follow them and the breaking of school rules will result in disciplinary measures."

- Please do not ignore other people's posts. Be sure to read everyone's posts even if they don't seem to interact with your character. We are all making a story together, so we all need to know what is going on.

- Only one character per person. As you prove yourself capable of handling more, I will let you apply for another position. If you start to lag in posting, I may revoke your extra characters until you can keep up again.

- All posts must be in the third person, and decent in length. This means two or three paragraphs, several sentences per paragraph. This is meant more as an idea of what's being expected as opposed to an actual minimum requirement for every post. If you cannot think of something to write, wait a little, or try describing things in more detail. Talk about how your character is feeling or thoughts they might be having. If too much time goes by, however, notify me and I will try to help you with ideas. Everyone is responsible for posting on time.

- Please be respectful and if you're asked to stop doing something, just stop. I would like to keep all conflicts purely fictional.

- Serious applicants only please. I intend for this to be a long game, and it may not go at the quick pace some people are used to. So please do not apply if you are not going to stick around and post regularly (Within three days to a week of the last post.) Some absences may be excused but any absence in excess might mean removal from the game. It's not meant as a punishment, but I want to make it fair for all of my players so we aren't waiting on the same one or two people and having the game stall out. So please, if you can't commit, don't submit.

- Send profiles to me with the title "I Accept the Cost" and then wait for my approval before posting. A sample of your writing may be necessary. (Usually I just request you to write up your first post and send it to me first for review.)

- No OOC here, please. This thread is open for questions, concerns, and general OOC chatter.

- No Mary Sues or anything like that. This is a literate game, so please be aware of the expectation before applying. Please ask if you are unsure of what literate games entail, I will happily give examples.

- All applicants are Normal Humans, standard School Rp setting.

- More rules can be added as needed. Common sense should be used as well in regards to how to conduct yourself.

- And obviously, obey all Voltra Rules and TOS.

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:57:18 )
A girl walks up to you, handing out what looks like questionnaires.
She greets you with a cheerful smile and pushes one of the papers into your hands. "This is the year! Aren't you dying to know who your one true love will be? All you have to do is fill out this short questionnaire and you could be paired with your soulmate!" She skips off before you get a chance to ask about the paper in your hands. You look down and see several questions listed below.

[*size=20][*u]Basic Information[/u][/size]
[*b]Full Name[/b]:
[*b]Nicknames[/b]:
[*b]Age[/b]: (Between 14 and 17)
[*b]Birthdate[/b]: (May be skipped)
[*b]Gender[/b]:
[*b]Height[/b]:
[*b]Build[/b]: (Slender, heavy, tall, short, stocky, etc.)
[*b]Eye/Hair Color[/b]: (Even if it's shown in your picture, please include here as some pictures are hard to see small details in)
[*b]Sexuality[/b]:
[*b]Family[/b]: (Go as simple or as detailed as you like here)

[*size=20][*u]Personal[/u][/size]
[*b]Personality[/b]: (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
[*b]Likes[/b]:
[*b]Dislikes[/b]:
[*b]Strengths[/b]: (What are you good at?)
[*b]Weaknesses[/b]: (What are you bad at?)
[*b]Fears[/b]: (What are you afraid of?)

[*size=20][*u]Background[/u][/size]
(Tell us all about your life before Fate Academy!)

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:57:40 )

Headmistress Triggs is rumored to be a strict woman, though not without kindness and empathy for her students. She places a lot of value on rules and order, which has earned her some unpleasant nicknames from some students, yet others seem to consider her an almost motherly figure. You'll have to figure out your own take on this woman when you meet her, though in passing you have seen that she always has a ready smile for anyone who needs a moment of her time.

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:57:56 )
Reserved for Students

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:58:20 )

You are a student at Fate Academy. It's your first year here and all you're worried about is finding your classes and fitting in. If you're really ambitious, you'll take advantage of all the questionnaires you've seen being passed around and try to find your "true love". But for now, just getting through the first day will do.

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:58:42 )

- All Students are required to wear the School Uniform every day except for Fridays, when they are allowed to wear their own clothes. These must adhere to the dress code, of course, but otherwise their freedom is not very restricted.

- All Students will room in their dorms through the school year. Dorms are separated into Male and Female dorms.

- Classes are held Monday through Friday, 8 am to 3 pm, with breaks for Lunch at 12. Students are not allowed off the grounds without a special permit during school hours. Permits can be requested from the Headmistress.

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:58:59 )

None Yet

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:59:16 )
Reserved for Future Use

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:59:42 )
Open for Applicants!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.