Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Art sharing sites like deviantART?

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/13 09:36:26 )
I used to use dA a lot in high school, but stopped after some time. I re-joined a month ago or so, only to realize it's mostly anime and ponies now, and that most of the basic site perks are for paid-only members... Are there any other art portfolio-type sites?

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/13 09:41:38 )
FuuChan Says...

there are art blogs on tumblr.
that's really the only place i can think of.

DA is a nightmare to me.
so I just find Artists who are on instagram or tumblr to follow them there XD

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 06:01:09 )
Most sites, but especially deviantART, are filled with fan art because that's just what's popular. People are always looking up stuff from their favorite shows so it's easier to get noticed that way.

I use Tumblr for my art blog but it's definitely not the best. Instagram is also a great thing for that but I haven't really used it. ;w;
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:01:31 )
depends. there's so many aesthetics, and what type of audience you'd like to react to your work.
if you wanna fly solo, and do your own thing, maybe make a weebly.
if you like validation (where notes, likes, responses from the audience are important to you), and/or like doing fanarts, maybe do tumblr.
instagram if you're a traditional, artsy person. (I say this bc I haven't seen a lot of digital artists on insta, but I've seen a lot of traditional works. I should also note I don't browse instagram a lot.)
if you're a weeb like me, try pixiv.
if you do art professionally (or if you do some top tier quality art), artstation.

if you mainly make art for side money/ rely on it as income, maybe try patreon. (this is not really a portfolio site, but i think of it as a supplementary site that can go with your portfolio. artists sell their art assets (custom brushes, custom textures, that kind of stuff), give lessons, etc. there.)

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:27:52 )
I can't really say much, but dA seems to be the best for sharing art.

I was told by a friend that Tumblr isn't the best place to share art because, just like dA, you won't get many views unless it is fan art.

Instagram is pretty good, but the problem is that you will get bots that will tag you in posts that will "get you more followers if you follow the link." Plus there is a huge issue with people following then unfollowing you. I was able to get up to my goal of 100 followers, but not much after that. I am barely reaching 125, and my new goal is 150.

If you happen to find a site, let me know.

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:47:58 )
@Queen Prisma: the bot thing is pretty manageable, it doesnt happen too often anymore and you can just report them and theyre gone
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 09:50:50 )
@nyx: That's what I usually do. Plus if I am tagged by someone who is a potential bot, I block and report them too. It's just annoying when that happens. I don't use Instagram as much as I used to, but I should.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.