Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Movie Suggestion Thread

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 09:18:46 )
Simply love watching these movies? Shows? TV mini series?
Post them here and suggest them to others!

Links to their IMDB page are very much loved!
But if you can't find it, don't worry. ^_^

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 09:23:33 )
My current obsession is Moana, but that may be because I'm a sucker for Disney movies. But other than that, Anastasia and The Last Unicorn. Both are phenomenal. The Last Unicorn is so underrated though.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 09:34:44 )
I'd like to recommend Reservoir Dogs, to anyone who hasn't seen it. Really anything directed by Tarantino is worth watching. <3

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 09:37:26 )
And for tv, Lost is so good- if you like drama and sci-fi.
I recommend you don't read anything about it though because -spoilers- ya know.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 09:53:03 )
Okay this is hard for me because I watch so many movies... So off the top of my head I'm going to recommend...

Murder Party (2007) : really fun horror comedy about a nerdy loner finding an invitation to an art group's Halloween party and things going... horrible wrong. Warnings for gore, sexuality, drug use... yeah.

The Host (2006) : the Korean monster movie, not that Stephanie Meyer disaster... Probably the best monster movie I've ever seen, and true to Korean cinema, it made me cry. Also horrified me since I lived near a lake at the time. (graphics are a little out of date but it stands up as a film) Gore warning.

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (1962) : Two elderly sisters, one a former washed up child star, the other a rising star cut down by a tragic "accident", drive each other insane while living under the same roof. What more can you ask for? Bette Davis and Joan Crawford in one film? Magic.

Re-Animator (1985) I love this movie. I just love it. I love Jeffery Combs, I love the aesthetic. If you like schlocky 80s horror watch it. It's based off a Lovecraft story, about a college student obsessed with finding the key to re-animating the dead, and pulling his poor roommate into his mess. Warnings for just about everything.

Okay I'll stop there, I watch more than horror if anyone wants recs for specific genres. I just love it.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 13:54:33 )
@Aellotyphoeus: The Last Unicorn made me cry and I refuse to watch it again. Beautiful movie.

@valyndria: I love Reservoir Dogs. Mr Orange and Mr White loved each other so much...
later.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 18:21:08 )
Valyndria:
I'd like to recommend Reservoir Dogs, to anyone who hasn't seen it. Really anything directed by Tarantino is worth watching. &lt;3

@Valyndria: You are officially my best friend :P
|

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 23:20:53 )
Okay I'll post some of my favorites

Pulp fiction: I really don't know why I like it so much but it is the best

Get Him to the Greek: now hear me out couple years ago when the movie was first on stars so basically before I knew any of you this was the first movie to make me genuinely laugh in quite a loong time

Split: another really good movie I recommend it's by m night shamalamalamalan I think

Formula 51 they used Skittles mints as a drug and kill Nazi skinheads or at least blind them I haven seen the movie in a long time

Dressed as goblins!
Do it all again!
See the friends all again!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 08:37:49 )
@ghost: Their dynamic together was so great. I loved Tim Roth in this movie. <3
@miss kitty: Oh gosh! I better get to work on our best friend bracelets then!! <3 >///<
@Dread Pirate: Yes another Tarantino film! Pulp fiction is such a good movie. c:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.