Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Inventory calculator?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:18:55 )
So I work with Excel a lot at work and it's a pretty robust, simple calculator. While Voltra's still young, it seemed simple to throw together a simple lil' inventory calculator.

It's hosted on Google Drive for now and it utilizes Panda's Price Guide, but here's what I have so far. (Super big thanks to Panda for making the guide in the first place, which makes this possible!)

CLICK HERE TO CALCULATE YOUR INVENTORY WORTH!

How to use:
You will need either a Google account or Microsoft Excel on your PC (or any other app that will open Excel-style documents, such as Libre Office ... or, idk, somethin like that)!
I may try to find a way to host this elsewhere but for now this is all we got, sorry. :(

1. Log in and in the upper left, click File and either Make a Copy, Add to My Drive (for Google account owners) or Download as an Excel file (.xlsx).

2. Open this new file!

3. Simply enter the number of each item that you have in the corresponding yellow box! Once you hit enter, it will automatically calculate the value of your inventory and update the values in the rest of the spreadsheet.

It is not recommended to edit anywhere that isn't the yellow boxes as it might mess things up a bit.

I included the "averages" since some things in the price guide have higher or lower values and wanted to make it as clear as possible. Also, sorry for the .. test values added in, haha. If it's an issue I can clear it out for the next update.

(So sorry if this belongs elsewhere, it felt more suitable here than the Exchange!)

Planned updates:
1. A bit better organization! Hiding some of the clutter, etc. Make it just a user-friendly window (but maybe options to let you see them?), etc.
2. Fixing all the typos... D: I was a proofreader for several summers but you can't win 'em all, lmao.
3. Color coding the donation items, event items, etc.
4. Commons calculator...? Perhaps a separate page.
5. Column for storage mule(s)?
6. Spot to enter your volts just for posterity haha

Sadly, if you add all the numbers in to your sheet and I release an update, there's no way to just add these updates to your sheet. You'll have to re-enter it all. :( But you'll have a handy reference that will make it easy, at least!

... TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLZ DON'T BE MEAN THO LOL And if you have any questions or need a bit better of an instructional guide, let me know!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:20:16 )

Awesome! I’m checking this out.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:21:00 )
@panda: YOU'RE FAST, I was just about to go post in your thread. :D

It's not super robust yet but if you have ideas or suggestions lemme know! I'm still fiddling with it here and there but here's alpha version 1.0!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:24:15 )

@Addy: going to try it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:28:59 )
@panda: I HOPE IT WORKS!

I just calculated mine out and it feels a smidge high, haha. Buuut it might be all those event items I'm hoarding... whether or not I can sell them to get these volts is the real question!

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:29:00 )
This is awesome good work!

Please @ me when you talk to me.
I'm a terrible person with memory like a sieve.

Donator — Panda Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:29:50 )
Woah! You have a lot of Samurai Shocks? O.o
Your example shows you have 26 Samurai Shocks.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:34:31 )
@panda: Thank you! :D

@rainbow: hahaha nooo i wish, i still don't even have my first. I was just entering random numbers to test it out to make sure it all works. Lemme get a blank one, I'll edit the first post~

EDIT: Ok, the link is updated and the calculator is blank. I'll also show a link to one that is filled out just for reference! I noticed filling this one out that it's a pain in the butt with all those sample numbers in, haha.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:35:42 )

Woah! My invo is worth more than 4 million @.@

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:37:24 )
@panda: omggg that's incredible lmao ;w;

Based on my guesses I'm shy of 300k Volts on average. I didn't check my mule, I just kinda guessed at what I had, hahah..

If you notice any typos or weirdness happening with it please let me know!!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:39:21 )

@Addy: It works great for me! :D The only problem is, whenever I scroll down while typing, the number scrolls down too. This is a great thing for people who want to know their invo value, but aren't sure of their value and stuff. For me, I know how many items I have, and I can easily calculate them on my calculator. :D Still, I find this very useful!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:42:31 )
@panda: oh dang, that just did that to me too. I think that's just how Google Sheets runs but I'll see if I can get that function turned off because who would actually want that lmao! Maybe there's another Excel-type host too, I'll peek around for beta release. ;3

I had a feeling you'd maybe have all your stuff figured out but it was a fun way to burn up some time for me, haha. Thank you for testing it!!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:44:05 )

@Addy: Thank you for doing it! It will help a lot of people, I just happen to have all the numbers and pricing in my head. XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:45:21 )
@panda: if I remember correctly you had lots of even/easy math numbers too, that'd definitely help!

meanwhile I have like .. six Halloween sets right now. I CAN'T MATH WITH THAT EASILY

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:46:14 )

@Addy: 6 x 2,500 XD
Yeah, I keep everything even ^^

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 09:49:06 )
@panda: I think my goal once upon a time was ten sets but that isn't happening any longer, oops :')

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 10:14:29 )

@Addy: Don't give up!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/3 07:35:07 )
I updated the calculator to include the new item names, as well as some of the new prices. :D
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.