Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Paint Tool Sai: Custom Brushes

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/31 01:24:16 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

I'm pretty new to using paint tool sai.
I have mostly used Medibang, as well as I never finished an art piece to actually
get to the actual coloring part.

Well now I have and I am very clueless.
Like I know of custom brushes. Just not sure how to make my own.
So I am very clueless how custom brushes and textures work.
If I could have someone who is very kind enough to explain it and break it down into simplest terms, I will forever be grateful.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/15 03:38:36 )
Hi sweetie.
to make a new brush, all you have to do is right click an empty brush slot and pick one of the options (marker, brush, pencil, airbrush etc) from there you can change the numbers by dragging each bar. if you'd like some brushes to test out, I can give you mine

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/15 04:05:18 )
In paint tool sai, they make it very easy to customize your brushes. Here is a representation of the brushes tab.

This will make it easier for me to help you!

You can see that I have the pencil tool selected, if you want to add textures to it underneath "Size, Min Size, Density" there's the tabs that say "Simple circle" and "no texture"
That's what you use to change the brush textures and the type of brush you want.
Underneath THOSE though, are the advanced settings. If you click that plus sign, there's a lot of options to change how your brush is.

You can see, after pressing the plus, there's edge hardness, min density, max dens prs., and hard <-> soft. I suggest playing around with these, it's a lot of fun to see how small changes can greatly change your brush.

I hope this helped some! ;u;

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.