Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I really miss college

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 10:09:11 )
and I never really realized it until this weekend. I was an art major and so I was always surrounded by people working on stuff and creating and things, critiquing the stuff they've been watching and playing and having discussions on it and just

none of my local friends here really do that. :') I do love them for their own skills and things but it's a different sort of energy that I haven't felt in a long time. I got to hang out with two buds, one of which I haven't seen in YEARS, and it was like we hadn't missed a beat. So good.

ART, MAN.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 10:13:51 )
@Addy: Aw, I hear ya. I miss work, sadly. I had to quit because an illness I have bevame too powerful but I am having surgery in December and was offered my job back next fall if I am recovered enough.

I'm glad you got to reconnect though. : D

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 10:40:28 )

I do miss school sometimes but when it’s exam season I remember that I really don’t. Being a student is way more stressful then we remember.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 11:42:16 )
@Totalanimefan: When I was teaching I was way more stressed than I ever was a student. : P

Donator — Easterbun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 14:38:46 )
I don’t miss it one bit for me. It was hard asf. And I cried a lot

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/31 00:14:32 )

@Shamrock Shamus: I would think that teaching is stressful too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/31 02:45:14 )
@shamrock shamus: aw dang, yeah I don't know what i would do if i couldn't work. :c keep strong and keep kickin ass!!

@totalanimefan: i never really had issues with exam season though sometimes deadlines for projects was a lot ... but, idk man, I miss that sort of structure. i have really been struggling without it.

@guttedbunny: oh there were tears too... but now that i've grown up a bit i think it'd be better? idk ;w;
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/31 02:58:21 )
That honestly sounds amazing.
I am currently in school.
Not college. Or even school tbh.

I am getting my GED but everyone there is so supportive and nice.
Including the teachers.
It has a great atmosphere.

I have always been a person who dreaded school of every and any kind.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/31 03:40:01 )
In general, I really do miss all my college friends. One time, my friends and I were driving around and basically just roleplaying if our d&d characters ran an inn.
And another time, when I was sick and had lost my voice, they had me roll for the monsters while they played and they nearly all died and it was hilarious. I feel like my college friends were more supportive and understanding than people out in the "real world" are.
I seriously lost touch with all of them though. Like, we all just drifted apart after.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.