Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Voltra Profile Help Thread - New Profile Template!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 20:35:33 )
And that's the last post! Also, if anyone has any suggestions or questions they think should be addressed here just let me know. :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 20:47:16 )
Totally gonna bookmark this for when it's done.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 20:50:42 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Yay! If you think of anything you'd want specifically addressed just let me know. Otherwise I have a couple ideas of what to include. :vanora_smile:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 21:01:08 )
I think I'll wait til you get stuff set up and then think of things that people may need some assistance with if they've never really used CSS. Like me, I'm great with html and bbcode, but other things, not so much.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 22:10:02 )
I'm bookmarking this for sure :)

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 22:13:27 )
So bookmarking this thread thank you so much for making this!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 22:19:00 )
@Miss Kitty:
@FuuChan:

I'm glad it will be useful! I'll try to start updating it during my lunch break today, but otherwise I'll get started on it tonight. :D

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 22:29:01 )
@Prodigy: YAY I am so excited!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 00:18:43 )
Alrighty! I've gone ahead and added some basic information to the thread. I'll flesh out more CSS tricks tonight when I get home, but for now, I've got some basics in there.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 00:28:46 )
Looking good ^^
I also wanna mention if you have Firefox, you can right click and hit "inspect element" and that'll show you sections for CSS too.
That is usually what I use, as it lets you edit the section right there (it won't stay like that once you refresh but its a good way to preview).
I haven't seen firebug yet. I'm curious as to what all it does compared to the default if you could give some assistance with that ^^ I may get it if its better than what I've been using lol

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 00:34:55 )
@Miss Kitty: Firebug works almost the same way the "inspect element" tool works but adds a couple unique features. ^^ I do the same thing, though, with the CSS! Makes it easy to test CSS before actually applying it.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 00:37:05 )
I'll have to try it out then. ^^ May like it better. Inspect Element can be buggy sometimes.
|

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 00:59:04 )
@Prodigy: So what is the actual best place to start if trying to do this? Figuring out what the names for everything is or what. Knowing where to start may help me figure out everything from there. I guess that's the confusing/almost scary part for me.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 01:02:52 )
@AelloTyphoeus: I'd recommend checking out those developer tools in the valuable resources area. ^^ Usually I start from the top of the page and work my way down, so maybe begin by getting the names for the header/menu areas using the "inspect element" tool. When I get home tonight I'll take some screenshots on how to do this with more detail. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 01:05:24 )
@Prodigy: Thanks. Knowing the smarter place to start should help me wrap my head around actually doing this. I figure once I learn it'll be fun to do!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 01:21:53 )
@AelloTyphoeus: You're welcome! Good luck. It's always the initial process of learning HTML/CSS that's tough. After you get the hang of it it becomes pretty easy!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 01:25:30 )
@Prodigy: And see, I'm good at html, we learned it in high school over a decade ago. I may need some refreshers, but that's no big deal. I guess it's more the fact of when I learned html, we started from scratch. Like literally blank notepad and did everything to make a webpage. This is just seems so different because there's already something there to work with.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 01:37:38 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Yeah, sometimes interpreting other peoples' code can be difficult. I've come to completely rely on those developer tools because without them it's just a pain!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 07:30:02 )
I've added a tutorial on how to use developer tools. They vary slightly between browsers but should work generally the same!

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 08:26:17 )
@Prodigy: You're so awesome! I'm sure the other Volties are gonna find this very useful!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.