Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Darkness before Dawn [Lunakiri x Colin]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:04:09 )
"............" Jaden was silent for a moment.

"I... well..." he stammered.

"I met... an individual." he said.

"An individual that made me realize that... all I thought I knew about the Evil-seeing eye... well... might not be... strictly accurate, anymore..." he told her.

"And... I have to do some reading up on it." he continued.

"Well, if I want to see her again." he then added.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:05:59 )
Sydney just laughed.

"Oh really? That's cool." She said.

"And for the record, the chances of you finding ANY current information on the 'evil seeing eye' is pretty much completely impossible." She told him. At his confused expression, she just shrugged before taking a drink of the coffee she had there for herself.

"It's called the disccerning eye now." She then said.

"And that's because it's not used to hunt people anymore - not since a mage acquired it."

Click the image to go to my art shop!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:14:03 )
"The Discerning Eye." Jaden parroted.

"I see." he said.

"Wait, ever since a mage acquired it?" he asked.

'....come to think of it... yes, she DID have mana, as well as the Eye...' he recalled.

"-A- mage?" he asked.

"As in.... singular?" he asked further.

"How many Eyes exist out there?" he inquired.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:17:12 )
"There's only one bloodline that has it." Sydney stated honestly.

"And it's from a hunter line, yes. The current young woman who possesses it, has hunter genes - she's half hunter - and the eye, along with having been a sporadic genetic fluke in her bloodline to acquire mana." She added.

"And yes I know who it is." She then told him.

"But beyond that, I don't really know much about her, aside from how she needs protection." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"Do you like her?" She asked with a light smirk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:32:18 )
Jaden nodded and followed along with with his mother had told him.... until she asked her question at the end.

And caused his face to turn red.

"Wh-what!?" he asked.

"Do I like her? No!" he said.

"I mean, I don't DISlike her..." he then quickly backtracked. "But I mean, I... I don't LIKE-like her. Look, she's not even a friend yet!" he then insisted, shaking his head violently.

"Look, can we just move on?" he asked.

"Not talk about things that aren't relevant?" he suggested.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:36:40 )
Sydney didn't laugh, but she did smirk. It was a knowing smirk, one that showed that she knew what he wasn't saying, what was still valid though.

"Oh, of course." She stated.

"That is compeltely unrelated to why you're looking into the information about the eye, something you've nevere expressed interest in, and something that you wouldn't dare look into - according to the younger you." She commented.

"What's the other thing you wanted to talk to me about, anyway?:" She then asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:53:28 )
Jaden pinched the bridge of his nose and growled a bit, before sighing.

"Right." he said.

"That weird occult shop that's in that mall out east." he told her.

"Mysticism and Wonder." he continued.

"That's a mana hunter sting operation." he said.

"The one with the Evi-" he started to say further, before catching himself. "...Discerning Eye..." he corrected himself. "...told me so." he went on.

"Which explains the sudden disappearances that have been happening out in that part of the city." he added.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:55:58 )
Sydney was silent as Jaden said what he did.

". . . I'll look ito that." She stated.

"And I'll do that tonight." She added.

"Is there anything else you feel you need to address with me?" She added. Her wording gave plenty away, to those that knew her. It wasn't her becopming unhappy or unimpressed with him, it was merely that she was preparing herself for dealing with those at the Triad.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:16:47 )
"No, that is all." Jaden replied.

"All I need are the books right now." he told her.

"And I'll stay out of your way for this." he assured her.

"Unless I'm needed." he added.

"Regardless, I know you have work to do, now." he said.

"If there's any way I can help further, let me know."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:20:18 )
"Sure thing. You know where I keep my books in the basement." Sydney told him, referring to the doorway that opened to a portal to a pocket dimension. It was where she kept all her books, since she had more than enough to fill her house a few times over.

"M<eanwhile, I'm going to go look into that one place." She said before making sure the door was locked.

"Do be sure to mana out of here instead of leaving through a door." was the last thing she said, before she vanished.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:38:14 )
Jaden watched his mother go, before making his way to the basement. He went through the door in question, and rummaged through the books that were there, before finding two rather thick tomes on the subject.

"....oh dear." he said.

"Never thought they'd be THIS thick..." he mumbled.

He then sighed and left the pocket dimension, before using his portals to leave, appearing back at his suite apartment.

"...guess it's time to hit the books." he said to himself.

And so he did. He read those books with every spare moment he had... save for one afternoon where he went shopping for something. And sure enough, about 2 and a half weeks later, Desiree received a text from him, containing 5 simple words.

I did my homework.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:41:37 )
When Desiree read the text, she merely chuckled.

"I was starting to wonder if you were going to actually follow through." She said to the air with a small laugh before grabbing her phone and firing off a reply.

Awesome. Considering the time, wanna meet for lunch? It was a simple text, but it was still one that said all that she needed to for the moment.

And she found herself hoping beyond hope that he'd agree, and that he'd be ok with somewhere particularly cheap. She didn't really have a lot of money, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:46:58 )
Jaden read the text back, and smirked.

Sure. he sent.

Where? he asked.

I'm fine with just about anywhere. he then sent.

After he sent the last one, he sighed and looked over at a small black and purple bag that was beside him.

"...." he was silent for a moment, before nodding.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:48:45 )
How about the William's downtown? Desiree replied with. Ok, it wasn't the cheapest location she could think of, and it was far from cheap, but damned if she didn't love their food.

And she was famished at the moment, being able to grab a bite there would actually sate a craving she'd been ignoring for the past bit.

Dipping into some of what she had saved wouldn't be much of an issue, she was sure.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 13:02:34 )
Jaden looked at her suggestion, and nodded to himself.

Sure, works for me. he sent.

Give me a time. he told her.

I'll be there on it, I promise. he finished.

"William's, huh?" he muttered to himself.

"Been a while since I've been THERE..." he admitted.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 13:06:20 )
Desiree paused a moment.

How does one work? She asked. It was about an hour and a half later than it currently was, which meant she'd have time hower and make sure she was good to go. She just wasn't sure if that would work for him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 13:23:53 )
Sounds like a plan. Jaden replied.

He then ran his fingers through his bangs, and nodded.

Yep, works just fine for me. he sent.

I'll see you there at 1. he finished.

"...I should have enough time to get ready." he told himself, as he headed towards his bathroom to get cleaned up.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 13:26:38 )
Awesome. See you then! ^ ^ Desiree sent back before sighing.

"Well, let's see if that first meeting was just for show." She said quietly before getting to her feet.

---

Desiree walked into the destination at about 1.15. She looked around, didn't see Jaden, so she went up and made her order before going and sitting down. She didn't get much, just a drink for now. SHe wanted to wait until Jaden was there to get anything to eat.

Plus she'd had enough cash on her to get the drink without dipping into her savings thus far.

She sighed as she sat down and just looked out the window, at the park that was there, and the lush greenery that was far too beautiful to ignore. She had no idea how long she 'd have to wait, since she didn't know how punctual he was, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 13:34:15 )
However, just as she was wondering that, she saw the man in question running through the park, towards the William's. It seemed he was in a real hurry, as well.

He sped towards the rear entrance of the establishment, stepped inside, looked around, and upon locating Desiree, made his way over towards where she was.

"SO sorry." he apologized.

"I was unexpectedly held up." he told her.

He then took out his phone, looked at the clock, and sighed.

"15 minutes late." he lamented.

"I'm REALLY sorry about this, I'm usually only 5 minutes late when I AM late." he told her.

"I swear."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 13:38:14 )
Desiree just chuckled lightly before shaking her head.

"It's not an issue, Jaden." She told him honestly.

'I just got here myself." She added after a moment before sighing.

"The busses were running late due to a detour. There was a rather horrible accident on the corner of Wellington and Southdale." She added.

"So... detours. I hadn't known that when I headed out."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.