Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Darkness before Dawn [Lunakiri x Colin]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 03:17:28 )
Jaden watched her go, and smirked when she disappeared.

"Indeed." he replied.

"Heh." he then chuckled, as he turned on his collar mic, and the curtains rose, and the lights illuminated him and his sword.

"....well then..." he said, looking around.

"I suppose many of you are wondering what it is that I do." he commented. "And I can see that a lot of you have looks that are telling me to 'impress you'." he said further.

"You're all judging me. And I can't stand it." he went on, his voice flat.

"So I guess I'll just have to make it so that I don't have to deal with the judging." he finished... before promptly plunging the blade straight through his throat.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 03:26:50 )
As Jaden made his way out onto the stage, he was met with cheers and howls of glee and thrill. They were ecstatic to see him perform, but that wasn't new. Jaden's shows always had what some would call a 'rabid fanbase'. He himself had used the terminology a few times in the past.

His devout followers were... people he didn't really want to mingle with. They were rather creepy, and even he thought that. It was extreme in some cases as well, but he didn't let it persuade him to stop performing. It just meant that he took extra precautions with his shows, made sure that he didn't have a chance for anyone to sneak in or what-have-you. The last time something like that had happened... it hadn't ended well.

Meanwhile, Kalin was making her way through the crowd, making sure people were happy and such, but also hunting out one specific person. She was there, and Kalin knew that for she'd seen her rather identifiably bright pink hair from the stage. It wasn't surprising that she was there, but at the same time, Kalin hadn't expected it.

For reasons she couldn't exactly identify. She knew that she was looking for a fan of Jaden's after all.

Click the image to go to my art shop!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 03:46:19 )
Jaden continued his performance, shocking the new people and impressing everyone as usual. He finished it off with several daggers being thrown above him, and all of them landing blades down in his head.

After a few seconds of them being there, he took them out and gave his usual small bow at the end of every performance.

Once he did that, he went with a lighter audience interaction, choosing to lean down by those in the front rows and slap some hands, allow others to shake his hand, that sort of thing.

After that, he did what he always did when he went lighter on the audience interaction, and threw several handfuls of autographed photos in front of a large fan, blowing them out to the entirety of the audience.

While they were all trying to get a photo, Jaden started to sweat more heavily, as he felt the presence of the eye once more, and quickly retreated to his dressing room backstage, where he shut the door and sat down in the chair in front of the large mirror, taking deep breaths and composing himself.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 05:59:23 )
Kalin, meanwhile, was talking with the pink haired person that had been in the crowd. They were having a light hearted conversation, with the other one not saying much. There were a lot of hand movements too, but at the same time, it could have been that Kalin had some Italian in her, for all anyone knew. They tended to be very expressive with their hands, after all, or so the stereotypes told.

"Come on, you should meet him. Set this to rest." Kalin then said. Who she was talking to just nodded, but didn't say anything. Kalin then led her backstage through a door to the side, and down the hall. After a few paces, they reached a door, which Kalin knocked on.

'Yo! Jaden, open up. I'm with someone you should meet!" Kalin called into the room. She had no idea what he was doing in there, but was willing to bet that he was freaking out. She knew it was the one she brought with her that was causing the reaction within him, but she had to get him to see that there was no harm to be had.

"I think you're setting him on edge, Desiree." Kalin commented with a laugh. Desiree just sighed.

"I can understand why though, Kalin." Desiree commented, her voice soft, kind.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 06:32:16 )
Jaden, meanwhile, had just managed to calm himself down, and had been looking at the pair of headphones from the other night.

"Hm?" he muttered.

"Door's unlocked!" he called to Kalin.

"Come on in!" he said, setting the headphones down in front of him.

He then got up, took a few breaths, and made his way to a trunk that was behind him. His back to the door, he got down on one knee and started rummaging through it.

"Mm." he mumbled.

"Where the hell IS it...?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 06:48:47 )
Kalin looked to Desiree, who nodded, before leading her inside.

"Hey Jaden." She said as they made their way into the room. Desiree was looking around, not entirely sure what it was that she was to expect in there. He'd not seemed to be in the best states at the end of the show, after all. That was one thing that she fully realised, and fully accepted. As it stood, she wasn't sure what to make of this though. He seemed all right by this point, seemed to have calmed down.

"Got someone for you to meet." She added with a soft smile.

"Her name is Desiree." She added as Desiree stepped into the room and looked around.

'Hey now. You found my headset." She then said after a moment before looking toward where Jaden was.

"May I take them?" She then asked, her soft and kind voice inquisitive. She didn't know if he'd laid claim to them and were going to keep them or anything. For all she knew, he was going to be an ass about it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 07:09:16 )
"Eh?" Jaden replied.

"Wait, you head-" he started to say, turning around... and then freezing when he saw her.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, falling on his ass.

"Yes! Sure! Go ahead!" he exclaimed.

"If they're yours, take them!" he told her.

He then threw a black blob at the wall beside him, which formed a hole in said wall, before starting to race towards it.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 07:26:45 )
Desiree was silent before sighing and walking forward to get her headset. As Jaden scrambled toward the wall, she just sighed, shook her head, and made her way back to where Kalin was.

"It's... not often I get a reaction like that." she commented as she put the headset on her head. Meanwhile, Jaden found himself blown back from where he'd been heading. He landed on his ass on the floor, rather harshly.

'Hey! No running away." Kalin half snapped. Desiree just sighed.

"Kalin, don't. It's ok." The pink haired young woman said aft6er a moment.

"Really, it's ok." She assured Kalin.

"Desiree, zip it. You're not below him. You're on the same level as him." Kalin stated simply, her voice a bit irritated.

"Seriously, he shouldn't be running from you as he is. That eye of yours is NOT a problem for him, or for anyone else." She then said before looking Desiree in the eye.

"Right?" She asked. Desiree just sighed.

"All I do is use it to know who to avoid." Desiree answered, her voice was almost dejected though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 07:36:54 )
Jaden had been panicking internally, wondering what he was to do now.

He was frightened, before him was someone that would be considered an enemy, and it seemed that Kalin was officially collaborating with her.

He closed his eyes and awaited his fate, before he heard the interaction between the two of them. This caused him to open one of his eyes, and look at the pair of females.

"....eh?" he muttered.

"I'm... confused." he said.

"Hold on, YOU'RE the one from a couple of nights ago?" he then asked Desiree.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 07:41:52 )
Desiree was silent.

'I don't know what you're talking about." She stated after a moment.

"Beyond that, I'm merely collecting my headset and leaving. I do not know why it is that Kalin wished for us to meet." She added after a moment before sighing.

'I... I am sorry for scaring you." She added. Kalin jkust rolled her eyes.

"Jaden, this is Desiree. Maybe instead of freaking out because she has something that you mislabelled, you should get to know who she is. This girl is FAR too sweet to consider using that eye of hers for anything nefarious." Kalin stated, her voice betraying how she was losing patience.

'It does not matter what it is that you have to say about all of everything." She then said.

"All I'm seeing right here, is that you are unnecessarily reacting in fear to someone who really shouldn't have anything akin to fear thrown at her." She added, and would have continued had Desiree not set her hand on on her shoulder.

"Kalin, stop. It's ok."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 08:41:54 )
Jaden put his arms up defensively, and put his palms out towards them.

"Woah, woah, woah!" he said.

"I get it, I get it!" he told Kalin.

"Holy cow, I get it, already. I'll calm down." he promised, as he got to his feet.

"Jeez, I'm sorry..." he grumbled, brushing himself off and straightening his hat some, making sure his bangs were out of the way of his face in the process.

"I'll listen." he added, fear still in his tone... but it was a different kind of fear. It was more of a fear akin to a child being scolded by a parent... and he knew that all too well. When Kalin was angry with him, she and his mother became VERY similar.

And he did NOT want a situation like that to occur.

"So... you're NOT the one that I saved the other night?" he asked Desiree.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 08:46:01 )
Kalin snickered lightly, not sure what it was that she was to make of this quick turn around. She did know that this wasn't too different, since she's usually seeing this when she brings his lack of foresight to light.

Desiree, meanwhile, just shrugged.

"I ... don't know." She stated simply, and honestly.

"If it was when you got these," she motioned to her headset atop her head, "Then I owe you quite the large thank you. He'd wanted to kill me."

"So thank you, Sabre." She added with a smile.

"See? All good." Kalin then said.

"Now, if I left the room, are you two going to cat and mouse?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 09:03:28 )
"......" Jaden was silent for another moment, and then sighed.

"Har, har, har." he muttered.

"And yes, it has to be you, then." he said to Desiree.

"I mean, I remember stalking some asshole that was going after a young woman." he went on.

"He was about to kill her, but I killed him before he could." he continued.

"And then the woman... you... disappeared, leaving your headphones behind." he said further.

"I hung onto them, because otherwise some crack-head would try and pawn them off for chump change."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 09:07:53 )
Desiree sighed lightly.

"No crackhead would be able to." She stated simply, and honestly.

"Strictly because of the fact that there's quite a bit to that, that no one would be able to identify." She added with a light shrug. Kalin just smirked, knowing that what Desiree spoke was true. Jaden, of course, was unaware of it.

"Thank you, though. I really didn't want to have to get another set." She added after a moment or two.

"I don't think Leo would have been too happy with me... I just got these a month ago."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 09:28:32 )
Jaden raised an eyebrow.

"I would imagine so." he said.

"Those look to be expensive headphones." he told her.

"But surely this Leo would understand." he went on.

"The circumstances were... well... extenuating." he reasoned. "Surely you can't be blamed for that, due to your life being in danger." he went on.

"But I don't know this person, so.... yeah." he shrugged.

"Regardless, they don't look to be TOO damaged." he then added.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 09:32:15 )
Desire shook her head as she turned a dial on them.

"Yeah, seems that they aren't too damaged. I think it was mostly, if not purely, cosmetic dings and scrapes." She then said with a light smile.

"And thank you, for everything so far." She added after a moment.

"Anyhow, since you are... quite obviously not the most comfortable with me around, shall I leave?" She asked. "I would hate to be making you uncomfortable." Kalin just rolled her eyes.

"That's a standard response from Desiree." The violet haired woman commented with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 09:52:37 )
Jaden just shook his head.

"The problem isn't with you." he said.

"I... well... no. No, I'm pretty sure the problem's with me." he said further.

"...." he was then silent, and shook his head some.

"Look, it's clear that I made a horrible first impression." he then went on. "...to massively understate it..." he said further, scratching the back of his head.

"Maybe... I can get a second chance to make a first impression at some point?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 10:06:48 )
Desiree just chuckled lightly, almost hesitnantly.

'No... no you didn't." She stated.

"It was a natural reaction." She added before pausing for a moment.

"All who aren't human tend to react... similar to that. Most can bite back the extreme fear like you had though." She admitted.

Kalin paused before sighing.

"I'm going to take my leave here." She said.

"You two... talk things out." was the last thing that the one they both knew said before leaving the room.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 10:23:28 )
Before Jaden could really say anything, Kalin left.

He then sighed, and collapsed into a comfy chair that was in the room.

"...she scares me sometimes." he said.

"She can really scare some sense into people and calm any situation. Usually with implied force." he went on.

He then extended his arm to another comfortable chair across from him.

"Have a seat." he offered.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 10:34:50 )
Desiree watched as Kalin left before sighing and looking toward Jaden.

"Yes. Yes she can do that quite effectively, can she not?" She asked rhetorically.

"She's one of the most intimidating people I have ever met." She added after a moment before biting her lip.She hesitated for about a minute before sighing and taking a seat as he'd offered.

'Is there anything you wish to ask me, while I'm still here?" She asked.

"Or anything you may wish to say?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.