Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2017 Treat's Quote The Imps Contest

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:01:41 )
"Yeah that makes sense. Gonna dress up, go to the doors and say trick or treat, but then tell them no when they give me candy? "
No no take the candy and like you said give it to friends, completely agree on that.
But if they don't have it or can only get a few bags of candy to give out, how are they gonna feel when someone says "No, I don't/can't eat that!" seems rude to the candy giver IMO.

When i grew up fairly poor my snack/candy fest was always day after halloween candy sales lol

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:08:50 )

Most people around here have an assortment of candy to pick from. So if you can't have chocolate, they usually have some alternative like lollipops, chips, stickers, that sort of thing. That, or its in a treat bag, which you can't see whats in it anyway. You be a polite kid and take it without complaining, OR if they do give it to you and you can't eat it, you again, be polite and just say something like "Oh, I can't have that for so and so reason." As long as you aren't an ass, most people will either find an alt. for you or just say they don't have anything else. Then kid moves on and goes to next house without any problems. Candy is a lot more expensive then cute halloween things now a days. A bag of candy is like $10 and will only get you so far. Can buy lots of cute stuff at the dollar store for halloween for less than a dollar that isn't edible and kids will still enjoy. I got my kid and nieces a small frisbee with halloween stuff on em, fake fingers, an eyeball ball, little snakes. All of that came in a pack for only $3. Came with 4 of everything and even more with snakes (spiders too but tossed those).

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:14:11 )
Exactly, Manners is a thing especially when it comes to hospitality and gifts. But wouldn't be surprised at the Spoiled/Entitlement/PC culture these days. If don't have different kinds such as chocolate free/nut free/sugar free and so on people can just get rude and get mad/upset at the giver... It's like "Wtf man? It's free, Take that shit and smile." and swapping candy with friends/family after was always my favorite part, No one really liked the sweeties so traded stuff they did like for em. Which is probably where my love for em came lol

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:17:06 )

I feel thats probably more a projection of the parents though over the kids. Its usually the parents that make a big deal over it, which then in turn effect how the kid handles it. Candy is nice an all, but I think in the end, most kids just have fun walking around and showing off their costume and having fun just going door to door in general. My kid came home and went through his candy bag and was more excited by a small tube of bubbles he managed to find.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:19:22 )
True... When got random stuff was always happy with it and to me was more about being able to stay up late and get hopped up on sugar.
Dude... Bubbles? I got in so much trouble with that stuff lol

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:19:52 )

How did you get in trouble with bubbles o.o

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:24:24 )
"No blow bubbles in the house!!! It'll make soap rings on the wall!" >>

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:25:27 )

Ah yeah I guess that makes sense then lol. And makes everything sticky.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:26:06 )
I did it anyway though >> #Rebel lol
Awesome avatar o.o

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:26:48 )

xD Silly. Bubbles are a lot of fun ^^
And thanks! I'm a bat...thing o.o

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:28:02 )
Yeah always made my own bubble stuff and OMG bubble guns!!!
You're a pumpkin bat ^^

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:29:11 )

Bubble guns and bubble machines are awesome. All the bubbles.
Lol Yes! With horns.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:29:54 )
Magical demon floating horns o.o
Surprised didn't get the "How do you make bubble liquid!!" >>

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:30:37 )

I usually just had water and dish soap at the ready o.o;

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:31:26 )
Same and glad some people know how to make their own lol

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:32:09 )

Yup yup ^^ I think most people do o.o I googled once to see how to make it better and I remember it saying adding one more thing...but I can't remember what it was.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:33:59 )
No clue, I always used dawn dish soap and water lol
Hate how cold it is during Halloween though :(

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:35:12 )

Pft >> "Cold" for you maybe. What temp is it there?

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:36:30 )
Right now it's like 68 and raining but was like 40 yesterday... I nearly died :(

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:37:29 )

>>; 40 is the high right now in the middle of the day. Last night it was in the low 30s
|

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.