Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion [ Open Letter of Staff Appreciation ]

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/15 11:36:40 )
Write your own love letter to the Staff! Remember to include positive feedback. Negative feedback or 'things to improve' can be posted in Feedback, but this is a haven for them as Voltra is a haven for us.

Dear Voltra Staff (or particular member/community)

<Body of your message>

Sincerely,
<Name you wish to use>

Important note: Staff can participate as well.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/15 11:37:43 )
Dear Voltra Staff,

I am happy to write that this diverse city feels like a second home. I spend most of my time on here and while I'm not exactly the most active of posters, I do read almost every new thread that goes up with a mixture of excitement and curiosity.

There are a lot of people like me who you may know collectively as lurkers, and I don't personally see that as a bad thing. There are people who view Voltra as an actual game and treat it as such. They post a lot for the recognition and currency, and that's completely within their jurisdiction. That is their right and prerogative.

HOW I interact with Voltra may be entirely different from how others perceive "correct" interaction. The truth is that there is no 'right' way to socialize.

Theoretically, the only way to engage on Voltra would be to post, post, post, and not worry about the level of detail contained within. I for one don't know how to reply given a couple of words, one line, or a closed statement. "Hello" is a perfect example of something I would not be able to formulate a response to, but is it wrong to post such a thing? No.

The point of that particular tangent was to say this: if we are here, then we are contributing something to the site in our own way. If we post, we post because it's fun for us. If we lurk, we either can't formulate a response, like to see how others converse, or there's a myriad of other reasons. BUT there is no right way to be a person as there is no right way to be a Voltra citizen.

Unless the website is suffering from low activity, people shouldn't feel pressured to contribute. But consider it from another point of view: if people are feeling pressured to contribute, then there is no need to worry about contribution. Voltra is alive first because of Voltra Staff and the passion they clearly possess, and second because of the citizens that have been invited to revel in a project that is, while close to their breast, a labor of love and not a means of survival.

The Staff manage this site - no, this city - to provide us a safe haven to post or to be socially inept people. It is not a place that forces expectations or burdens. You are not required to shoulder donations alone or to pour your heart into helping the site evolve.

I believe the Staff have been giving this everything they got in the time they have without real life getting in the way, and I believe we have been doing all we can in our own ways to help run this city... but I think the Staff need a little more encouragement.

This letter is meant to give the Staff a place to come to look at positive feedback. Negative feedback or things to improve upon has its place, but this letter is not here for that. It exists purely to give encouragement, to give praise, and to provide positive energy.

Sincerely,
A happy citizen

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/15 11:38:01 )
Reserved for whatever may come.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/15 11:38:34 )
And now you may post if you so desire.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/16 13:46:33 )
I'm very glad to hear that!

I like to think that whatever you're doing, you're contributing all that you can within your power. So while you may not see yourself as active on this side of the spectrum, you are still putting in the time and effort that we all thank you for.

And I think the feedback section is great. We use the site and then we give our thoughts, but usually it's to improve or add features. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but sometimes the positive things I and others wish to say can be drowned out by negative aspects. Kind of like how you can be having a fantastic day with more than 10 good things happening to you, but that one bad event can leave a longer-lasting negative impression.

I'm just happy it's all coming together, honestly. :bernard_happy:

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/17 01:44:49 )
Dear Voltra Staff

I wanted to write this letter to share my appreciation for all that you do. I have worked with many people, in person and online, over the course of my life. But I have never before enjoyed working with people this much. Not only is everyone on staff a hard worker, but they are a delight to be around. Fozzy and Baz set a standard of politeness and respect I have rarely encountered in a superior; and everyone else responds in kind.

I find that I look forward to working on Voltra specifically for the wonderful people here, staff and regular users alike. It's a joy to log on each day and talk to everyone. And it brings nothing short of pleasure to be able to do everything in my power to help Voltra along.

So thank you to my fellow staff for showing me kindness and respect as a coworker. For listening to my ideas even when I'm certain I'm getting annoying. For being honest and critical, but never mean or spiteful. And most of all, for just plain being wonderful people!

Sincerely,
Lina

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 09:46:44 )
Dear Voltra Staff,

Thank you for everything you do. I know I am not the sweetest talker out there and I can come off very blunt and rude, but that's not my intention at all. I love this site and I enjoy being on here a lot, I'm sure you guys can tell by how active I am. I know that some stuff I say can be really harsh, I'm just not good at explaining things properly. This site is currently my home site and you guys did an amazing job on this site. I personally would like to thank Baz for putting in so much work into this site and making it one of the best sites out there. You have magic hands and I'm so happy that we have you here as our developer, you are amazing. Everyone else, you guys are great too and we may not chat much, but I really appreciate everyone of you for taking the time out of your day to work on the site. Thank you so much for all you do for us! I really mean it.

Sincerely,
Panda

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.