Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Bear's 1x1 Search (OPEN)

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 18:35:10 )
@Paranoia: Pff don't worry, I'm new too. :') And yes, generally like... a setting and/or prompt are mutually chosen. Then we can start a thread and post character profiles/introductions (optional), a story/setting intro (optional), and one of us can write the first post.

I think a lot of people create characters on the fly for prompts and stuff like that, but I'd prefer to RP with one of my OCs. Do any of them stand out to you as a character you'd be interested in? And what characters would you be RPing with?

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 18:47:41 )
@superbearwars: Honestly while reading them none really stood out as ideas of what type of stories they could have...

I do have a bunch of poser art somewhere I could use for OCs but other than that I dont have a great deal... Never really made up any to get art of o;

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 18:57:50 )
@Paranoia: No worries! I guess the first priority would be figuring out what kind of story/setting we want to do, and maybe you can build some characters around it from what you have, if that sounds appealing to you?

Hm I've never really thought of any like... story prompts before, outside of the settings/stories my characters are in (at least for RP). xD This is going to be interesting.

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:02:11 )
@superbearwars: Haha well is there a particular character you want to use? And what type of story?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:04:51 )
@Paranoia: Gar or Yu or Andy sound appealing to me tbh (lol sorry I guess I only eliminated one... gahgevhneghv), and I guess some kind of adventure? I feel like any genre would work; I could always say no if one doesn't appeal to me. Sure, my characters don't necessarily fit in some genres, but... we could make it happen? :o

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:09:32 )
@superbearwars: Hmmm so Andy likes to treasure hunt in places which are dangerous to humans...

I could have a human character who has lost something, and stumbles upon Andy one day. Andy offers to assist in looking for the item, as it is believed to be lost in the Black Forest, which is full of nasty creatures and such? O.o

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:18:18 )
@Paranoia: Sounds like a simple enough plot hook! :) We can build off of it easily. Thinking about the setting, should robots like Andy be an irregularity or a more common occurrence? And are the creatures more like... regular fantasy fare (zombies, living trees & golems, or werewolves), or are they more like... mutated or berserk animals? Or something totally different? :3

I think that's all the info I need to get started.

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:24:53 )
@superbearwars: Oooh interesting questions o;

Maybe a more futuristic world where robots are more common, but they are generally more roboty whereas Andy sticks out as he's different... He has personality, can think for himself.

Within the forest we could have mutated animals... Long ago, there was a landfill where the city disposed of everything it no longer wanted, including unauthorized diaposal of hazardous chemicals. Over years, plants grew and trees grew, forming a large forest exceeding the boundries of the landfill.

Animals in the area fed on the plants which had grown, and over a number of generations the animals began to mutate and deform, slowly building up the food chain to modify the genetics of birds, dogs, even flies and mosquitos.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:30:59 )
@paranoia: Sounds neat!!

I can start a thread if you'd like. or you can do it; either way is fine with me. I figure we don't need any fancy bells and whistles, so whatever either of us is comfortable including in our first posts is fine? But like, it's up to you too! ^_^ Let me know what you think.

(Also, I might poof for a bit soon, since I'm getting tired and also wanting to do non-voltra things.)

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:33:29 )
@superbearwars: All good Ill see what I can find for an OC tomorrow (Its 12:30am here)

If you want to start a thread ready, though, feel free :)

We can just fill stuff in over the next day or so then see how we go ^^

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 12:26:41 )
@superbearwars: I had a slightly different idea... Should we have it that my character's sister is kidnapped by a giant who lives in the Black Forest and our mission is to save her with Andy's help?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 23:44:00 )
@paranoia: Sure, that sounds fun too! Especially if there is an opportunity for Andy to try to swindle your character out of some money/treasure, but he accidentally becomes friends along the way... ;P

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 07:10:58 )
@superbearwars: Oh that sounds cool... He originally agrees to poach supplies and coins but end up making friends and growing a conscience o:

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 07:18:26 )
@Paranoia: Pff well we'll see about the conscience.

Anyway, it sounds like we're about ready to start a thread--what do you think? Should I go ahead or would you rather? Do you have any preference on how it's formatted?
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 07:26:21 )
@superbearwars: I don't have any preference on format, but if you want to start go ahead - I have a few things to do this afternoon then I'll focus on finding my OC to use :)
Please @ me when you talk to me.
I'm a terrible person with memory like a sieve.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.