Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat so sleepy...

Donator — He/They Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/11/29 05:22:07 )

I disappeared for a while again; same old same old: health issues, doctor's appointments, stress, phone calls... bleh. But at last, I return again.

Today I had to get up extra early for an appointment, but we run on a night/evening shift schedule in this house, and I learned long ago that "JuSt Go To BeD eArLy" will not work. So I did the only thing I could do: napped for about two hours before hitting the road. The appointment took a while, then I had to head to the store, then came home and had stuff to do around the house. Wasn't allowed to eat or drink for several hours prior to the appointment, so by the time I got home I felt like butts. Headache, hungry, thirsty, worn out... Got some water and took some Tylenol and napped for a couple more hours.

Got up feeling slightly better and was finally ready to eat something. But of course, before I could do that, I had to bring in the grocery delivery, and while I was doing that, the cat ran outside and hid under the car. Brought her smelly ass back in the house, unloaded the groceries, made myself a hot pocket and a cup of coffee.

One obnoxiously hard-to-peel orange later, I feel much less like I'm on the verge of death, but good lord am I sleepy. I'll move around some and wake up for a bit, then settle back down and find myself fighting the urge to nod off at my desk. Partly because I haven't slept much, partly because it's warm in the house (and very chilly outside), partly because I've been sitting around with nothing to do all night ever since dealing with the groceries and stuff earlier. My housemate has had a very bad migraine and been in bed all day, my online friends aren't around, even the cats are asleep now. Too tired to do housework (despite there being plenty of it), but it's too late in the evening to nap and i don't want to risk messing up my sleep even further.

So I sit here listening to youtube and sipping water to try to keep myself awake while I wonder if it's worth doing so. What do y'all do to un-bore yourselves when you don't have the energy to get up? Asking for a friend. :U

Donator — THEY/M Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/11/29 14:31:53 )
@Count Trashula:
Welcome back, sounds like you have had quite a lot you went through. I hope that you got some good sleep when you did fall asleep. Sometimes, housework is too much to do when you have had a day (or even days) like you described. As for making sure you aren't bored? I am not sure I can help there as during those times myself, if I am tired, I allow myself rest, or, I work on a hobby I enjoy.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/11/30 07:46:24 )

@ahi: ty, I have been kinda overwhelmed lately ;u;

Well, I eventually had dinner, did all my usual pre-bedtime chores, and chatted with a friend online... and ended up staying awake not just until bedtime, but much later than usual. I just stopped being sleepy and it didn't want to come back even though I had barely gotten any sleep that day. -_- Because it always happens like that for some reason. Then I slept for 8 hours, which is kinda rare for me. Woke up late, had to rush downstairs still half asleep to feed the cats... Haven't done much else today except go back to the store for stuff I couldn't get yesterday. Let's hope the sleep schedule gets at least somewhat back on track eventually.

Donator — THEY/M Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/11/30 12:06:22 )
@Count Trashula:
Being overwhelmed is never any fun. T_T

I notice if I do anything that requires me to move too much, or, something that excites my brain enough, even if it's just something small as talking to a friend, that pushes me into a second wind where I am then awake longer than intended. I am glad you were able to get 8 hours of sleep, that is so important, it's unfortunate that you woke up late where you felt rushed.

Here's to hoping!
Currently Questing:
Angelic Solid Set (Clouds/Halos/Winglets/Wings)

Donator — He/They Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/11/30 21:51:10 )

@ahi: Well, I ended up not being able to sleep again, finally got to sleep even later than the day before, but instead of sleeping late, I woke up after about 5 hours. It was my usual wake-up time by then anyway, so I guess it'll have to do. ;u;

I still have a lot of stuff to tackle that I've been putting off, but I'll get to it... slowly...

Donator — He/They Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/1 21:53:55 )

Managed to get to sleep about an hour earlier than I did yesterday, which is still too late but I guess it's something. Unfortunately, got woken up about 3 hours later by a phone call and struggled to get back to sleep after that. Then ended up waking up super late again. -_- I can't win.

Donator Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/3 17:24:09 )
Wow... when I am trying to stay up I sit at the computer and watch shows/youtube/etc. It dosen't always work cuz I've been known to fall asleep at the computer as well, lol. But never lay down... or I will be asleep.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 months ago ( 2023/12/5 07:05:15 )

@macsen191: When I get really tired, sometimes watching stuff just makes it worse! ;v;

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.