Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Sae la Vie Gallery and Store [FULL]

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 01:00:36 )
November 2017 - February 2018
@saeyra: Yeah, I haven't been on as much as I used to be. I've just been super busy with writing and stuff. Both original stories and fanfics. How about you?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 10:47:38 )
@Lithinel: oooh did you get alot of progress done? I have been getting into D&D again. The all-consuming thing that is creating characters XD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 23:50:18 )
@Saeyra: can you let me know when you open commissions again please?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 23:58:58 )
@sunny: Yeah sure I will add you to my reminders

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 00:08:51 )
@Saeyra: You need to have a super bribe section available D;

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 00:14:29 )
@Mandy Amour: I was thinking about making an art auction and pinging all of you that want art. But got some RL commissions to do at the moment so putting that on hold for the time being. I wish grocery stores accepted volts and ohms XD Then I'd be here all day everyday haha

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 00:16:28 )
@Saeyra: thank you :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 00:18:44 )
@Saeyra: Oh wouldn't that be just magical? ;D
That's it we all have to move into virtual reality..no more having to adult on a daily basis..Im in! xD

Yessssss I finally have pure enough to bid on things like that ;D
Plus I have this item its a samurai shock that I could also use to bribe certain artists who might be itching for it xD haha

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 00:41:13 )
@Mandy Amour: Haha I was thinking I would give out 2 commissions, one to the highest bidder and the other to a random person to make it more fun for everyone.

I feel kinda bad that there aren't as much active artists as there used to be, and ever since I joined staff I have been incredibly slow finishing commissions so I am contributing to the problem XD

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 00:45:18 )
@Saeyra: /looks at you like Ive done something wrong/
/kicks my dead art thread behind the door and under the carpet/

yeah..its artists like you contributing to the problem here..not enough of you to go around..making the rest of us scramble to find any..
/runs off quickly/

Yeah that seems fair, but I think people will have a good enough time regardless how many chances to get art there is plus people understand how busy you are *-* you are a hot commodity lol

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 01:11:15 )
@Mandy Amour: Haha yeah, its okay. Lots of artists come back to draw for event items during events usually XD

By the way if you need some items from the recent events that you missed just let me know and I will see if I have extras.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 01:18:31 )
@Saeyra: Yeah I need them all o.o I kind of was saving up and got like 90 of the shells and then they randomly were gone I didn't even notice time was running out for those xD I have pure so just let me know how much if you have any to spare :)

Yeah its not that I don't want too do my art but I see all you guys on here and I just don't feel like people would be interested. so not up to some of the standards here xD

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 01:35:13 )
@Mandy Amour: Honestly, your art is super unique and I have never seen anything like it. You may not be able to do what I do but I can't do what you do either. Don't let that hold you back :vanora_smile: Besides I have seen your traditional work and you are definitely not an amateur.

I have a Beach Background, 2 Hula skirts, Big Bang (fireworks), Papa's lil angel, Sea Witch, Cool Duck Floatie. Uhmm 15k for all. How does that sound?

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 01:41:17 )
@Saeyra: Sounds good to me, do you want to start the trade or shall I? haha

Aww thank you hun, you honestly made me smile so much saying that. Honestly I feel like if I spent the time and got the right products to do my art digitally I could make them look so much more high end then they are. My voodoo dolls are the only thing I put out cause like you said, its not something people see all the time and I know in a world filled with millions of artists to be different is to stand out lol

I guess you are right, considering I only use my mouse and photofiltre I guess I should be much more proud of my art than I am some times.
Thank you hun ^-^

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 02:00:48 )
@Mandy Amour: Artists understand each other, we all have been discouraged seeing other people's art. But like I said, art is just a language the important part is what the words are trying to say It's not about the size, its how you use it

There are cheaper tablets now, I hear Huion is a good brand to look up. You can get a decent one for less than $100. Think of it as an investment, I have saved so much money on art supplies by going digital XD. "This ad is brought to you by Huion. When there's something strange,...that you wanna draw. HUION gonna call?!?!" *cheesy smile*

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 02:10:43 )
@Saeyra: I think I just laughed so hard I might have actually pulled something xD

I agree with you though, I do find that talking to other artists here and there is helpful. Its like we understand what we are trying to say without having to fully say it you know? And you can see so much of a person in their art. Its something I love most of all. We are so vulnerable because of our art and sometimes I forget that we all fear rejection no matter how good we are or where we come from we all want people to accept our art because its so much apart of who we are as people. its basically them accepting who we are ^-^

Yeah I have thought about it but Ive had some friends tell me how awful it is to learn to use the tablets for drawing. So ive never put any thought really into it. Im starting to think even just for my sake it might be worth investing in one so my voodoo dolls aren't so time consuming and I can do even more of them for people lol

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 02:28:55 )
@Mandy Amour: Oh yeah the fact that we need criticism to get better while being extremely scared of being hurt by said criticism is something I still struggle with.

It takes abit to get used to drawing digitally but its like riding a bike, you will never forget it and you can only get better at it with time XD Its just muscle memory, I wouldnt say its a horrible experience. The tools you have though with photoshop and other drawing programs are far superior to traditional. It streamlines alot of things and no paint to cleanup yaaaay!!

I have this uncle who is over 60 years old who learned to use digital after a lifetime of traditional art. He says digital drawing is too easy and its not real art like WTF dude?!! I felt all huffy and pouty afterwards! XD

Donator — V.A.G Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 02:39:55 )
@Saeyra: Yeah I don't believe that, just like an artist needs a brush to pain on his canvas, a digital artists needs their tablet. Each one is just a different style of art. No matter what your tools are I don't believe that there is a type of art that shouldn't be considered "art" just because of how we make it. But to be fair and not to be mean but the older generations don't like change either..

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 02:51:11 )
@Mandy Amour: I don't want to dismiss his opinion off-hand because its partially true. The undo button becomes a crutch to alot of people.

He meant well and told me to build up my confidence in my strokes using traditional ink so I get faster. I will start to make more confident and precise strokes and like not give in to the perfectionistic fiddling. Old folks give good advice they just don't sugarcoat things at all! XD

Anywho, I do hope you give tablets a chance. You can start with a cheap medium-sized one and if you don't like it. At least you didnt spend too much and you can use it to sign documents digitally XD

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/18 17:37:54 )

@Saeyra: Thank you so much! For some reason this did not ping me to that post.
I love them! -hugs-

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.