Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy September!

Admin — He/Him Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/1 13:13:37 )

I'm ready for those crisp, cool fall days!

What are you looking forward to this weekend? this month? this season?

After being under house arrest while finishing up my capstone project for my degree,
I am finally going to visit my family in the suburbs today.

It's going to be a balmy 83°F and we're hitting the neighborhood pool before is closes for the season.

Donator — she/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/1 15:01:30 )

I hope you enjoy your day! I bet this will be a nice, refreshing break for you. ^^

This weekend: Today my friends and I are going to a Y2K themed party. I'm really excited and hope it will be fun. Then I might visit home for the rest of the weekend because it's been a while.

This month: I'll be volunteering, going to concerts, attending emo night events at local bars, hopefully will check out an anime rave party, and might sign up for a new class.

This season: I'm looking forward to hopefully cooler weather and trying fall drinks from as many coffee shops and cafes as I can. :3

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/1 17:03:59 )

@Vozzy: Happy Voltra Anniversary!

And congrats on almost finishing your capstone! I had to do one for my degree last year and I finished it on Sept 1st! I didn’t remember it was a year ago today until now haha.

As for Sept I would like to just relax around the house. Aug was very very busy and stressful for me. I had to make an emergency flight down to FL for my Dad who almost passed away and he was in the hospital for 23 days! He’s still not like before but he is recovering slowly.

There are two video games I would like to finish this month. One of them comes out in Sept. It’s Rune Factory 3S! I just moved at the end of July but I haven’t had the chance to do much with the house. I would like to get a door for the home office and I would like to hang up some art around the house. A rug for my bedroom before it gets cold should also be on my to do list for this month.

Admin — He/Him Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/2 16:24:29 )
Sounds like you all have an exciting month ahead of you!

The pool was soooo relaxing yesterday; 80 degrees and sunny. The perfect way to end my summer.
BUT knowing Chicago weather, we're in for a 2nd and 3rd summer before fall sets in. haha

Admin — He/Him Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/3 14:18:52 )
@Alexia: Yeah.. I went to an art street festival yesterday.
The SUN and heat were brutal.
93 TODAY!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — haunting Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/5 18:05:19 )
mine are all horse related haha sorry.

next weekend (well more like this week in general) i just bought a whole bunch of new bits for my horse so i can hone in on what she likes a little better. some with the same mouthpiece but different cheek pieces, slight variations of the same mouthpiece, and even a gel bit. the gel bit is being delivered today and the others shouldn't be too far behind so we've got some work to do. she goes well in her current bit but it was only the 2nd one i ever tried on her so i feel like i owe it to her to let her try some others.

this month we've got practice on the 17th for a western gaming show my barn is hosting in october. my mare and i are not seriously competing at the show because she's too old for small fast circles and i ride english now anyway but we'll try the games out at a snail's pace for fun and laughs :) i can't figure out what would be better: if i did western games in my english tack, or if i should drag my western stuff out of retirement so my horse and i look the part and then do really poorly at the games either way. i'm not comfortable riding in my western saddle anymore (it would take some time to get used to having long stirrups) so i am really partial to sticking to my english tack. decisions...

this season: i'm ready for the cool air to move in (hoodie season ) and push the bugs out, and also for the leaves to change colors. fall trail riding is the best!

hello again

Donator — She/her Posted 8 months ago ( 2023/09/6 02:34:12 )

We have a last wave here that’s near 100F that started on Sunday and is lasting until Friday. It’s so hot outside. Not how I wanted to start Sept. and I heard it could make for not good leaf peeping :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.