Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I've made it!

Voltie — Moody Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 02:31:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

So a little joke about "making it" as an artist as I've now received rude or mean comments on my art over on YouTube.

I've officially made it as an artist

Hope everyone's weekend has been good!
anyone have plans this week?

I mostly need to survive the heat wave and work on 4 different art challenges.

Donator — they/ze Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 02:42:58 )
@MoodyB: hell yea for "making it" but also i wanna have a talk w the meanie who left comments like that >:(

Today is my last day off before going back to work after being off for 3 weeks on loa. Im working on laundry and debating on bleaching my hair again >w>

What art challenges?

Voltie — They / Them Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 02:53:46 )
@MoodyB: Congrats on making it! :

My week has been good!
Hectic and busy but it made it go by way quicker than I originally expected so that was nice!

My weekend is going to consist of going through my pc bookmarks, drawing and checking more of this site out!

Voltie — Moody Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 02:55:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@goth: I was so surprised someone felt so ill towards my art they'd just write a rude comment.
I usually don't get that many comments, so the fact someone just had to tell me their opinions was interesting.
I ended up deleting it just because i didn't want to give them any attention.

Ooo, is there a specific color you're going to dye your hair?

I have about 4 draw this in your style challenges to do.
I've been learning painting and never really tried to paint one so I was going to test my painting abilities.

@vaudevillain: Haha thank you thank you

Ooo fun! Sounds like you got a fun week ahead!

Donator — they/ze Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 03:25:21 )
@MoodyB: Thts totally understandable I kinda wanna study the brains of people who go out of their way to leave rude crap on other peoples' art. Like does it make yall feel better? Knowing you'll never reach OP's level w an attitude that shite. >n>

My hair was a pretty pearlescent white earlier this year and then i dyed it grey. The grey has faded out a lot so now it's like dishwater blonde ;;n;; I dont think i can do my hair tonight either cause i cant find any bleach. I guess i used the last of it w/o realizing it.

Iwannaseetheartchallengeswhenugetdone!!!<3

Voltie — Moody Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 03:48:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@goth: Ikr?? I do not understand what makes a person be unnecessarily mean or cruel to people online. Like I don't get it.
my mom always taught me if i have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all and I still stand by that XD

Oh no. Hopefully you can get some soon to get a different hair color.
I still need to dye my own. I haven't dyed my hair in like 4 years.I am stuck at brown with my natural hair color. Though right now i am figuring out how to get my waves back. Only now realizing my hair is not straight lol.

Haha yesss! I am hoping I can draw them tonight at the very least so then i just need to color them.
my painting technique is usually all over the place but i keep in mind the makeup contour placements which help. XDD
but the challenges are very cute!

Donator — they/ze Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/23 04:51:18 )
@MoodyB: I was taught that as well
I would have thought it was a universal lesson but i guess not //shrugs
I'm torn between the white i had before and emulating the hair on my avi rn

from what ive seen of your art it's very pretty!! I love how glowy you paint everything <3
My art tends more towards hard lines so i love seeing art so different from mine

Voltie — Moody Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 21:30:38 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Stinky: it's not all bad. I usually get nice comments. only that video I got a rude one. but must mean people are seeing my work more.

@goth: haha yeah same. Oooo that'll look nice. I'm thinking to dye my hair a ginger orange or copper tone. without bleaching it. though might be a while lol.

aww thank you! I still need to edit my gallery here for my newer works.
oooo nice! I just love vibrant colors so been studying it more. I have more updated samples on my website in my siggy.

Donator — they/ze Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 02:19:16 )
@MoodyB: My hindbrain is constantly going "oooh we should go ginger" but i never find the right shade so i stick with bleaching it a crap ton
my last attempt at ginger went NEON orange

I've heard that you can get a nice ginger with dark hair using henna? dont quote me on that but ive seen Rachel Maksy on yt talk about doing hers that way

This reminds me that i should update my artdump thread w my newest

Voltie — Moody Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 10:16:15 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@goth: haha yeah. I'm too much of a chicken to bleach my hair. I wouldn't even know where to begin but for now I'm just trying to get it looking less flat.

I think so but I'm just getting one from garnier because they have one I've been keeping my eye on. my hair isn't super dark so I just want to see how it looks

yeah it's been ages since I last updated my galley lol.

Donator — they/ze Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 21:06:49 )
@MoodyB: I had mine done professionally for years before i attempted by myself during the pandemic. I wouldn't advise doing so unless you knew the steps (I learned through watching my old stylist - i miss her she's back in utah where i used to live.)

i have no idea how to re-establish curls OxO;; Ive had straightish hair my entire life except for when i was a weeeee little one when my mom says i had curls rivaling shirley temple. How do you fix it? It sounds complex!

RIP to my sanity cause im gonna try and learn how to paint digitally today. inspo

Voltie — Moody Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 23:45:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@goth: Yeah I figured professional. though my stylist is moving to Canada so I'm not sure where to even begin looking for a new one.

the best I can do is change my shampoo best for curls or waves. and then maybe get some curl styling kit. one that has gel, creme and a moose. my hair is wavy but I treat it like it's straight because I'm the only one with wavy hair. it's a lot of trial and error. but before my hair was unmanageable but I can now brush it without knots or tangles thanks to hair oil and leave in conditioner. now it's a bit...flat.

Oooo yessss. I was going to work on [This Piece]
Did it back in 2020-2021? but adjusted some of the colors. Sometimes i go back to my old 2020-2021 pieces to paint over and see
how much of an improvement i've made.

Donator — they/ze Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/25 04:35:04 )
@MoodyB: hmmm maybe you need lighter stuff??? idk obv chemistry was never my strong point in hs

tht is so cool!!! I love the glowy affect and the expression is like determined as heck <3 a protag ready to kick butttt

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/25 18:05:57 )

Congrats lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/25 21:39:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@goth: it's all trial and error. current shampoo is probably weighing it down since it's just for moisture and eave in conditioner plus oil do that. but I have to use it up before I get the new one.

haha thank you. I have so many paintings I'm working on. hair I'd the hardest for me to understand so I need yo do some hair studies.

Donator — they/ze Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/26 07:02:27 )
@MoodyB: That makes sense, ya gotta get it through the bleh state first to get it healthier and Bouncy

I've started so many pieces lately and then come back the next day and just hated what ive done I know that learning is a process and all that jazz but my perfectionism and high self-expectations is kicking my butt. HAIR IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE

Im gonna go watch a Charlie Bowater style analysis and try to learn some new stuff ^^

Voltie — Moody Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/26 22:26:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@goth: yess exactly. It's been doing a lot better than it was so we are making progress.

I know exactly how you feel. I have a lot of wips I am sitting on just because I just don't know if I like it enough to finish it.
And i am also still learning to paint clothes so sometimes I am just unsure how To continue a piece.
Yeah I used to have a lot of perfectionism in me though i have mostly stopped having that mindset. though sometimes it comes back lol.

Sounds great! Charlie is one of my favorite artists.

Donator — they/ze Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/28 08:24:06 )
@MoodyB: The last 2 days my brain just went >:PPPPPP at all my art and ive been struggling to ignore it

I know people have made tutorials about like the tricks to painting clothes is the diff textures to focus on. I cant think of any of the top of my head beyond like obv how shiny pleather outfits use hard opaque shading and cotton uses softer shading, linens i think have more of a hashmark-y texture?

Hair on the other hand idk

Voltie — Moody Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/28 21:36:45 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Alexia: my signature has examples.

@goth: honestly same. I finished some OC work and I kinda hate it...

that's what makes it hard, hair has so much and so many styles to paint it as. the only important thing is the shadows and highlights. but there are so many ways to paint it.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — they/ze Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/28 22:06:26 )
@MoodyB: not to even get STARTED on finding one that "matches" your art and what's in your head!
I love that art is so individual yet still uniform even as i hate it.

It makes feeling out your own art an odyssey all on its own. You're trying to get to "I love and am comfortable w my art" but you keep going round in circles that never seem to end

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.