Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Just grief things (subject is of a close loss if that needs a tw)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/16 05:37:20 )
I'm not sure if this much of a rant, but I just want to type it out to get it off my chest and hopefully get some of the sads out of my system to think clearer.

My dad passed away about half a year ago now and I still get days every now and then where it's like all I can think about. One thing will remind me of him and then all day my brain will just run through memories of him, and it's tiring. Like last night we had a monsoon and I immediately remembered how he'd pull chairs up to the window when I was little so we could all watch it together which made it less scary, and probably part of why I'm comforted by rain now. Then I look down and see my ring and can only think of how he told my fiancé "take care of her for me" even though he never voiced support for my relationship before then. And it just goes on and on and every thought either makes me feel sad, angry, happy, or everything in-between.

And it really bothers me, already having no parents left this young. I even cried at my friend's wedding seeing her dad walk her down the isle knowing I won't have the same experience. Family holidays kind of suck, and I feel lost. I have my fiancé's family, but it's not really the same. I don't know, I'm just kind of rambling I guess. ;v;

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/16 05:55:59 )

Really sorry to hear you've gone through those losses
i know it's kind of cliche but i recommend therapy
specifically one that can help with grief and loss
and if it's your thing maybe a grief and loss group to join

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/17 04:15:24 )
So sorry for your loss. </3 I definitely agree with Justice's suggestions for therapy or support groups. I feel like part of the healing process needs others to be involved, but I know everyone heals differently.

I can relate a lot, but not quite 100%, in that I lost my maternal grandparents too young (I don't speak to my paternal grandparents, for reasons I won't get into for now). I lost my grandmother to cancer the year I started college, and I lost my grandfather to an aortic dissection (literally a broken heart) 6 years later. My grandmother never got to meet my fiance or our son, and my grandfather never got to see his first great-grandchild. My grandmother actually couldn't make my high school graduation ceremony because she was so sick that day from the chemo she'd been going through. Every. Day. I. Miss. Them. Both. They were like a second set of parents for me since they watched us any time my parents needed. And I go through all the emotions you named, and it's all totally normal. Part of what helps me get through it is talking about them, both the good and the bad times. One day I'd like to get a tattoo to honor them, but I'm lacking in the creativity department, so hard for me to land on and stick with an idea. I'm not much for putting words and numbers in tattoos, but that's just me. Also, I work with seniors for a living, which is something I never thought I'd be doing if you asked me 10 years ago, but I love what I do, and it's kinda like having more grandparents lol.

I'm rambling, but I hope maybe talking it out with others helps you heal more. It'll be a long process, I'm sure, but I like to say progress is progress, no matter how small. Sending you e-hugs if you're cool with that. <3
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.