Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I feel like..

Donator — she/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:09:17 )

I kinda fell off the map from everything in the last like year, my goodness.

(work took over my life the last close to 2 years, and with Pantheon closing, I've fallen off the forum map near entirely, oof. Long story short, I miss being on forums intensily ; n; )

Voltie — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:28:49 )
Same here, I went to check out Gaia Online and couldn't bring myself to rejoin after seeing how much of a ghost town it's become. :[ First timer here and the forums look promising on Voltra so far!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:42:04 )

I miss Pantheon
;w;

Donator — she/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:51:59 )

@niceknuckles: I dont know how many times ive lurked gaia since my young years ; u;
its no longer the sameee

@Justice: same here, tbh
same here ; u;
i wish i had been more active with creating in the long run, but maaaaan, life kicked my ass something fierce.

now i have no idea where to go in the forum realm aaaaaaaa

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:54:20 )

@arcius:
yeah i hear you~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:56:16 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I feel the same way! In general I think a lot of forum sites lately have just been on the slow end which has been kinda sad. Heck, even RP forums have been slow and those are usually the most popular spot.

...If you wanna keep your head

Voltie — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/23 23:59:52 )
@arcius:

I know! It's so disappointing. Lots of great memories made there and the way the community was back in the day was so vibrant.
Hopefully the art community sparks up my interest in drawing some avatar art again like the good old days!

Voltie — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 00:00:38 )
@Spider:
Nooo! That's so sad to hear, I was literally just lurking the RP forums in hopes that was alive and well.

Donator — she/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 00:02:25 )

@Spider: ive definitely seen the general decrease in traffic on forums the last few years, to say the very least, they have no where near the same traction that they used, and it breaks my heart.
it was such a massive part of my childhood omg

on top of that, i miss having time to dedicate to making pixels and art ack

@niceknuckles: im admittedly hoping i can become maybe even somewhat active here regardless of aspect.
hoping really, that it kinda sparks my creativity again, yaknow? i feel dry in that aspect x.x

Voltie — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 00:09:33 )
arcius:
@niceknuckles: im admittedly hoping i can become maybe even somewhat active here regardless of aspect.
hoping really, that it kinda sparks my creativity again, yaknow? i feel dry in that aspect x.x

God, I hear you on feeling dry when it comes to creativity. I think subconsciously I gravitated towards finding another forum website in hopes that seeing a community would help fuel the spark a bit. Seeing some awesome artists from lurking profiles has led me to some really interesting websites though.

I literally just signed up for Wysp because it seems to be a site to help with creative block in mind so I think we might be the target audience.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 00:16:50 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@niceknuckles:

It used to be a lot more active but lately it's just been slow over all. I think also it was just people switching to other ways of RP like google docs vs public display.

@arcius:

I spent years on Gaia- and waaaay too much money as a teen. I used to save my lunch money to get a gaia cash card once a month. I remember the like big deal they had about having so many users online at the same time.

I do think the death of flash and flash games didn't help its fall (and money hungry execs)

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — she/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 00:20:05 )

@niceknuckles: wysp is a good one for that!
There's a whole slew of art/artist based websites though, it honestly makes me so happy seeing that realm expand omggg

I always found though, that when i was active on forums, it definitely kept me a bit more inspired.

@Spider: I was more of a devious lil bean on gaia in my youth, admittedly xD

but i remember pulling all nighters to lurk the/chat on the forums, both on gaia and a handful of other places. nostalgia is strong, oof

i agree though, the death of flash definitely didn't help any at all, along with it becoming a money grab across the board x.x

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 01:37:27 )

Same here honestly. Then I don't know how to start back in. Like do I make a post on general chit-chat or do I make a hangout? XD I haven't seen my friends on here recently, I don't know if they get on anymore. I miss forum sites but work has been my whole life these past couple of years.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 02:29:09 )

@arcius: LOVIN your avatar! So perfect!

@MimikyuToo:Hey long time no see! You could do either I think ^^ I feel like the General Chat forum is popular.

@Spider: It's nice to see you!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 02:52:27 )

@Totalanimefan: I know ;A; it's been a while since I was last on but I'm hoping to get back into it lol I might make a post xD
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 04:10:58 )

@MimikyuToo: that would be awesome 😎

Donator — she/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 23:32:02 )

@MimikyuToo: i know there's been a couple times where i would restart my forum adventures almost entirely in the market place or art boards xD
but i feel it though
it's difficult to figure out where the heck to start when you''ve fallen out of the game orz

@Totalanimefan: thank you! it's been a bit since ive seen you around! I hope you've been doing okay!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 23:55:13 )

@arcius: Yeah I'm doing good. I just started a new job this month and I'm still in training but it's going well. How long was your hiatus?

Donator — she/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 23:57:51 )

@Totalanimefan: i don't know if it's a hiatus persay, mostly cause i do a lot of drifting normally anyway when it comes to forums, but i think the last time i was actually like actively posting here was 3 years ago? most of my focus was on caedon was i was still artist admin, then that shifted over to pantheon until life kinda hit the fan for me, then i've been drowning in work the last like.. close to 2 years now lol

just recently started a new job that has a lot less for hours across the board, it's nice having a break omg
im a space cadet who's lazy with typing 90% of the time
pls ping me

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 00:01:22 )

@arcius: It's really sad that so many avatar sites are closing. I wish they were more popular.

Oh that's great! I also think that 40 is soo much to work in a week. You barely have time for anything else. I'm working 40 atm, and at least I don't have to commute, but before the pandemic when I worked full time and in person I felt like I had no time for anything else.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.