Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Feeling burned out

Voltie — Owl Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/25 01:09:23 )
Honestly, I feel burned out with.. everything.

I wish I don't feel burned out especially hanging around people.
I genuinely have nothing against people, especially the friends of friends but I can only mask myself for as long as I can, the problem is how my friend pushes me to go with him and his friends when all they mostly talk about is their past (since they grew up together till they graduated highschool).

Like I try and listen but honestly, it gets old fast when every meetup is always about their good times. Even worse, when we're outside and a large group, I just feel a bit of embarrassment at our large party yet they just stand in the way (blocking paths) while they're indecisive, and I'm fine being anywhere but jesus.. the way they converse is that they have to shout their voices just to put their opinions in. Meanwhile, I just feel like an extra baggage to my friend as I'm just as bored and uninterested of them as much as they are with me (feeling constantly alienated from conversations).

Now I feel crappier because I come off dismissive to my friend. Like wtf am I supposed to do? Anytime I tried talking to them or open conversation, its like I'm interrogating because I only get 1 word answers. I'm just an outsider.

Voltie — Owl Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/25 06:03:25 )

@Stinky: I genuinely thought that maybe I'm not making the effort but idk, they're friends of MY friend so to me I just see them as acquaintances at best but I'm glad I'm not the only one who don't think most people act the way they do like comparing it to my other group friend, its very small but we at least let each other talk too.. I like my friend but I'd rather just hangout with just him, he can hang with his friends but I just ughhhh.. there was one time he took me to a party and proceeded to talk to people they knew there while I followed him around like a puppy and I didn't know anyone there. Eventually I ended up talking to some random guy about the house and weather because I just hung around outside of the house party until he popped out and found me just to drag me to his friend group.

Couldn't hear anyone with everyone just always talking at the same time...introvert nightmare. I'm just trying to be respectful of them as people because I don't think I'm offended or don't see them as like bad. It just feels like its gotten overwhelming since we started dating...
Come join me!
I make poopy art

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/1 15:45:23 )
@Edalyn: I can relate to feeling like you just don't mesh well with others, and that's okay. It's exhausting trying to hold a conversation that just isn't there.

Have you tried talking with your friend (boyfriend?) about it? You said every time you try, you feel like you're being interrogating. I'd just ask him point blank to speak with you privately and let him know how you feel. Reiterate that you don't think they're bad people--you just think that you're not meshing well because you can't hold a decent conversation. There's nothing wrong with that. Have you tried talking about common interests and hobbies? Sometimes playing games together helps.

I consider myself an omnivert where I have qualities of both extroverts and introverts. Sometimes my social battery gets low real quick, but what helps me hang in there is finding common interests and fun games to play. I was hosting my in-laws back in August for over a week, and in the evenings I'd be so tired that I'd seclude myself to my room. I felt bad, but I didn't want to push myself to pretend like I was having a good time. I kept getting invited to play cards, which I never felt like doing until the final couple of nights, and it was really fun!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.