Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:34:14 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@Totalanimefan: Aw thanks! ^^ I'm hoping this website it gets all the traction it deserves one day- I can see this place getting huge. Not that the quiet is a bad thing. lol What's your favorite generation of Pokemon?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 00:46:34 )

@PashminaPanda: Gen II! What about you?
I wish that avatar sites were more popular so that more people would know about Voltra. it's so niche now-a-days.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 00:57:56 )
@totalanimefan: Mine too ;_; I'm a little biased though since Pokemon Silver was the very first Pokemon game I ever played.
I know, me too. :c I'm hoping it starts to gain popularity since Gen Z is obsessed with early 00s stuff though. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 01:04:28 )

@PashminaPanda: My first one was Red, but I just love how in Gen II you can go to both regions and it really improved upon Gen I. I also like the setting and the cities and the pokemon. ^^
Yeah maybe it will come back around? That would be nice. I really like how you can chat with anyone on here, but they are always semi-anon so you just mostly talk about hobbies and things like that. No showing off like social media.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 01:11:36 )
@totalanimefan: Yes, the both regions aspect was a huge game changer (no pun intended xD). I really wish more of the new Pokemon games were like that. Yeah me too! It blew my 8 year old mind while playing Pokemon Crystal when the sprites would move. lol
I enjoy that too. It's a lot less intimidating to strike up a conversation with an anime-inspired avatar than a random person on Facebook or Instagram. c:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 01:28:02 )

@PashminaPanda: I loved the moving sprites in Crystal! I also had Gold. I've owned a lot of Pokemon games. I'm a huge fan, even to this day. And I play Pokemon Go.
I agree, and I feel like you get to know the person better. You connect in a way that feels less superficial than social media. It's funny, you would think that being able to see a pic of them would be the key, but it's like you get to know the soul instead of the outside. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 02:14:25 )
@totalanimefan: Me too! ^^ Do you plan on getting Pokemon Scarlet or Violet when they come out?
Aw, you hit the nail right on the head.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 03:47:51 )

@PashminaPanda: I’m not sure which one I want yet! It looks like one is in the future and one is in the past? I’ll have to wait and see the differences. I think based on logo I was going to do Scarlet, but is violet is the future one I might have to pick that.
What about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 03:48:28 )

And sorry I went to have dinner and then I watched a few eps of Detective Conan.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:11:54 )
@totalanimefan: I know I'm going to get one, but I think I'm in the same boat as you where I think I'll wait for more information to come out and make my choice then. I sort of liked the past one though. c:
No worries! I think I was logged off for the evening by that time anyway. c: I work first shift so I go to bed kinda early.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:39:16 )

@PashminaPanda: What time do you have to get up for work?
The past professor looked really cool! I just also really like tech, so I thought maybe it might be cool to play one in the future? But once again, gotta see the differences. Maybe they won't be that different in the end?

Also, when is Nintendo going to release a Direct, I know there is no E3, but you gotta give us the updates Nintendo! lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 23:48:19 )
@totalanimefan: I typically get up anywhere from 6:30am-7:30am. As long as we're logged in ready to work by 9:30am my work doesn't really care as long as we get our 8 hours in. c: Me too! I also check what the legendary is going to look like. lol I really preferred the one in Pokemon Sword over Shield so I went with that one. lol

I knowwwwwwwww. It has to be soon, especially since the big ones already had theirs. I watched the Xbox one the other day and there are so many cool games coming out soon. ;_;

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 16:54:46 )

@PashminaPanda: Oh I see. What time to you normal start work? I feel like 6:30am is a little early to wake up when you have to be there by 9:30 lol
I liked the Sword one over the Shield one, so I picked that version too.

Yeah that one was pretty cool, and they are finally bringing some Japanese games to the Xbox. My husband plays all kind of games. I mostly play RPGs and Strat games.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 20:47:24 )
@totalanimefan: I usually start work between 7:30-8:00am. If I wake up really early for some reason and I can't fall back asleep I'll log in at 6am just to get the day over with. lol
My boyfriend mostly plays multiplayer FPS games like Destiny, but I prefer the RPG, Strat, and Sim games as well. There are some outliers though- I really enjoy the Borderlands series. c:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 21:37:14 )

@PashminaPanda: Yeah my husband is good at games like that but also likes RPGs. We both enjoyed the borderlands series. We didn't play the newest one because it didn't get good reviews.
That's pretty early, does he have to get up early too?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 23:07:19 )
@totalanimefan: I've been playing Borderlands 3 and so far it's a lot of fun. The only downside is since I'm playing on the Xbox Series S it crashes from time to time. :/
Yeah, he has to be at work by 6am sharp. He's currently looking for a second shift job. lol He thought he would like working mornings since he'd be free the rest of the afternoon, but he discovered he's too tired to do anything after work.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 01:31:40 )

@PashminaPanda: I would be too tired to do work after starting at 6am too. Does he commute?
I had a job that started at 7:30am and I had to commute there. It wasn't for me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 22:13:52 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, he commutes. :c Luckily it's not that long so if he's up by 5:20am he can be out the door in 20 minutes and still make it there in time.
7:30am is super early to commute for. I think the WFH aspect makes things so much more bearable. If my goal is to be on by 8am that day I basically roll out of bed 15-20 minutes before and log in. It makes me sad more places don't offer that option for their employees.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 22:26:48 )

@PashminaPanda: That's a pretty short commute at least, but still that sucks. I can see why you get up and work so early because then you can have more time with him. ^^
Yeah it SUCKED! And my husband is a night owl. So that didn't help either. I did have a WFH job during some of the pandemic and I didn't really mind what time I started because it's not a long walk from the bed to the computer. And you don't have to be dressed, teeth brushed, food eaten before you are on the clock. Which is also nice. I hope that it will continue to be popular. I'm surprised with gas prices so high that it's not even more common.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 22:31:51 )
@totalanimefan: Exactly! ^^ My job is pretty flexible so once he gets his second shift job I can always switch over to getting on at 9:30am instead, which I wouldn't mind at all. My bf and I are night owls too! And yes, I basically clock in then make my breakfast, brush my hair, change clothes, etc. lol
I hope so too. They were originally going make us all come back to the office but a lot of people started threatening upper management by saying they would quit so they changed their minds really fast. LOL
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.