Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! decluttering a house full of dust bunnies

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 06:18:05 )
Hello all, just trying to catch some dust bunnies before summer. It just really doesn't feel like Summer, it is cold and rainy like spring weather

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 09:03:51 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

It actually rained here a couple days ago. <3 I want spring to last a bit longer. :C

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 14:26:03 )
    It’s cold and rainy here too :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 16:12:03 )
@KittyBeary: I can understand that, on not wanting hot and humind hard to breathe weather.

@sunny: yeah, I don't think that is it going to warm up for another two weeks yet.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 16:41:37 )
    @Unicorn: oh that’s rough :( at least you have something to look forward to??? XD
    we are due to get warm weather this week, but it still looks cloudy and grey here :(

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 19:31:29 )
My area got hit so hard with rain a few nights ago that our backyard flooded and leaked into our basement. :vanora_cry:

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 20:28:24 )
@sunny: it got a little warm today, but wee are getting rain tonight, and all day tomorrow. Our spring we got snow for too long. I missed out on mushroom hunting this year, I didn't really look last year because I had to have surgery.

@blinkini: that is good, I hope that you got your basement drained out, and the yard not a pool.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 20:33:22 )
    @Unicorn: oh no, that’s a shame :( mushroom hunting is so much fun! What kind of mushrooms do you like to find?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 20:51:35 )
@sunny: I look for morel mushrooms, I know many people who like to eat them. So I go out hunting for them when I can.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 20:52:56 )
    @Unicorn: that’s pretty cool! Have you been doing it long? I would love to pick mushrooms , but I’d be scared of picking toxic ones……

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 20:55:11 )
@sunny: I've been picking morel mushrooms for many years now it is fun, I also pick berries in summer

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 20:57:47 )
    @Unicorn: ooo I too pick berries! Mostly blackberries around these parts, but they taste extra delicious being foraged. There’s something different about food you picked yourself.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 21:02:36 )
@sunny: that is true about the food that is picked, I have black berries all over in my yard, byt there is also a mulberry tree in my yard as well, both are very yummy. Some call black berries raspberries not so sure on why. I've been looking up different foods, and drinks to be made with the stuff I forage for.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 21:37:52 )
    @Unicorn: I haven’t had mulberries in so long!
    There’s always jam you can make. I’m not sure what else you could make.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 22:34:53 )
@sunny: I don't know how to can food, I know that my grandmother did, I know of certain family members who know how to can certain foods, like green beans, and salsa but they live far away.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 22:45:12 )
    @Unicorn: I don’t know anything about canning. Maybe you can find some tutorials on YouTube? :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 23:14:26 )
@sunny: maybe, I once tried asking my cousin but their mom helps them do canning with the salsa. I was thinking of making lilac syrup, but sadly my lilacs arn't doing to well. Mulberries are yummy, anytime I have to go pick berries, I try asking friends/family but nobody never wants to

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/7 23:23:49 )
    @Unicorn: aw, I would go berry picking with you!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/8 00:12:48 )
@sunny: awe that would be nice, used to get bowl fulls of berries with old friend berry picking, but can't pick berries with that friend anymore.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/8 04:21:44 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@Unicorn: Yeah, and it's been dry :C

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.