Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:30:25 )
I actually quit Gaia!

I'M FREE FROM THAT 9 YEAR PRISON! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:35:28 )
I haven't checked that site in about 2 years now

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:39:43 )
@Burntcicle: Lol, it be crazy on there.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:40:41 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:41:17 )
I thought about checking it out the other day but I would actually need to get on a computer. But i don't know if i should or not

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:44:59 )
@Apollo Im Burning: I didn't get on for a week or so, that is how. xD Then, after going on, I decided it was best just to quit entirely. Keeping my stuff on there just encase I do happen to go back. Probably won't though.

@Burntcicle: Its actually pretty bad now. The Chatterbox is littered with trolls and sh!t posters, prices are sky high on everything, they made a new currency type that was to help drop sky high prices (don't think that is working), and they are still money hungry from 2 years ago. The only good thing about the site is that Lanzer came back and he brought back zOMG.

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:51:53 )
Ohhh zOMG was about the only thing i enjoyed about that site. But sounds like it has no hope otherwise

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:52:21 )
I just logged on there.
I stay to keep in contact with only one friend from there.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 05:57:31 )
@Burntcicle: It doesn't. I'm just surprised that its still up. Plus since Chrome is killing off Flash Player, it really is going to effect their site, since the avatar creation relies on it. I also don't want to keep having to go on Fire Fox just to check the site and change my avatar each freakin time.

@Lithium: I'd laugh if your friend happened to be me, but this is really doubtful. The person that I usually talk to on there is always online unless they are sleeping or working.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:02:46 )
Teach me your secrets. How does one quit gaia after 9 years of history with it?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:14:11 )
@okios: Get bored with the constant crap with the CB. Give up on trying to get art freebies from the forum or buying art in general. Don't log in within a week or more.

Trust me, it is harder than it sounds, but not logging in within a week actually helped. Plus, since you are on this site, that will also help. Though the site is a bit slow, trying to make friends and posting more might help you a little more. I need to do this more often than anything though.

Donator — Pie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:19:21 )
Gaia... That site used to be life back in 2004. It was the first site I spent actual money on, because the market was so crazy that is was easier to throw down a few bucks. Really regret doing that, because it just enforced Gaia's bad behavior.
But on the bright side, all those items are now worth MILLIONS! Younger me was right!
Just now millions means nothing. ):

Good work on leaving that madness behind. Now let's all log into neopets and see if our pets have exploded yet.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:23:48 )
Yay! Congratulations!! I quit 3 or 4 years ago and seriously changed my password to some random number letter combo that I'll never remember. Just on the off chance that I'd ever be tempted to return.
XD

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:26:37 )
@Pirate: Lol, it was the same for me on spending money on that site. And yeah, apparently you have to be in the trillions just to do crap on there, though everyone sells art in the billions.

Yes! Now.... Can I be a way from that damn site for the rest of the year?!? Find out next time on the Internet Addicted Xenomorph!
Oh sh!t, pretty sure mine has been dead for YEARS! I don't even remember the email on that one. Plus I heard that is it the worst thing to go on now. Its littered with adds and it is just as bad as Gaia.

@Kaderin Triste: I mostly came back on to respond to a friend as well as see if some art that I ordered was done or not. Turns out the art wasn't done, but the artist said that they would message me on dA once it is finished. That is good at least.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:29:15 )
@queen prisma: Pretty sure I am still waiting from art that someone claimed they were gonna make like...6+ years ago...but I gave up on that. XD
I mean, when I logged back in and thanks to inflation, I still couldn't buy good, non-chibi art with my 50, 000, 000 gold, I pretty much was over Gaia. That and none of my artist friends were around anymore.

Donator — Pie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:31:21 )
@Queen Prisma: Gaia. Where artist go to die. Or at least suffer and ignore art requests.

@Kaderin Triste: Did you prepay for your pieces? Or was it a pay upon completion?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:32:42 )
@Pirate: I honestly, don't remember, it's been so long ago.
All I know is their art style was amazing and I was super excited to get character art from them.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:34:39 )
@Kaderin Triste: I can understand on that, and yeah. 50mil wouldn't get ya crap on art, even with the so called "Pay what you want" shops. I have at least one artist friend that I asked to come on here. He is pretty good, but he only does freebies. I also do art, but I am slacking off of pixel commissions and I closed my shop on here for a temporary hiatus due to personal reasons.

@Pirate: Been dead for years, at least I chest bursted out of Gaia.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:35:19 )
@queen prisma: I haven't logged in for a month before while going through those exact emotions, and I still managed to go back. XD I got hooked onto it too young. haLP

How did you find the strength to leave 9 years worth of inventory?

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:41:31 )
@okios: I could say the same for me in that regards, but I think this is real.

Lol, most of it is junk. The rest of it was just items I wanted. Most of it is items I mostly use for some avatars. Some of the avatars ended up becoming OCs, my xenomorph hybrid (which this account and my Gaia account is named after) was made from an avatar from Gaia. But I am slowly starting to draw references of her that wasn't based off of an avatar on Gaia (some what). The only thing that remains is the hair.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.