Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games My Time at Sandrock

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:41:10 )
Is anyone playing the Early Release of My Time at Sandrock?

I've been playing it, and I love the game. I think it's added a bunch of new features from Portia.

If you mention spoilers, please use spoiler tags.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 20:41:22 )
@Stinky: Yes, My Time at Sandrock is a sequel to Portia. It's currently in Early release, about a week or so old, and has updates planned for the year, as well as a future multiplayer update to come out.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 19:25:39 )

oh geez, i had completely forgotten about it! what a nice reminder.
how does the game feel compared to my time at portia? i'm very interested to see what improvements they've made, since the first game (to me) felt a little too dull and grindy at times. the combat in this one looks nicer as well!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 23:58:17 )
@mothworth: So for one, I feel like this game has way better character custom creation. Plus a later barber shop opens that adds more options, and they have already said more is planned.

There are times that feel a bit too grindy, but it hasn't felt as bad as portia.

Now Sandrock has some limitations Portia didn't have. Mainly water mechanic and a lack of wood. Machines now need water to function and the town will hate you if you cut trees. So that's another thing to mange.

But unlike portia where your skills were tied to leveling up, each set of skills, levels on it's own. So ideally you can work on your skill tree all around.

I do feel that combat is way better in this one. The Ruins for diving, are way better, and easier to follow. Each ruin appears to have multiple floors as well.

What else would you like to know about?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 18:40:03 )

@Rei Ann:
i think you've basically hit all the talking points that i was mainly interested in! i'm very glad to hear about character creation being upgraded, to me the system felt a little wonky at times.
can't wait for the game to be out on switch :-)

moth's art den - a gallery

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.