Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat FOOD MOBILE APPS

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/1 18:34:46 )

since the pandemic began i've been using these mobile apps for food and i mean, i just love them so much. like i just love them.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/1 18:46:48 )

Name your favs.
I love that I can get delivery from places far away or that aren't really in areas I can get to via public transportation. I just hate the fees.

I just recently download an app called Too Good to Go and it's about reducing food waste. You can pick up food at the end of their workday through the app and it's pretty cheap. Just a few dollars for a meal or leftover pastries for example. I've only used it twice but I think it's awesome. You do have to go to said store at in the time slot the store set up (normally right around closing). I noticed that there are a lot shops that signed up for it in DC, but then I looked at San Jose, CA (cause I used to live there) and they didn't have many stores participating.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/1 20:14:40 )
    Olio is another one, where people share their leftovers basically.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/2 15:49:29 )
I used to have Imperfect foods, but I ended up wasting more than I used so it wasn't a good fit for me. I love the fact that out local Meijer has an option for curbside, you fill your cart online, they tell you when to show up and they deliver it to your car. When we had covid we ran out of food and that really helped us keep away from people.(We only did that once when we had covid tho cuz we stocked up again... and a few other times when were too lazy to roam the store.)

As for eating out apps the one I use the most is Eatstreet because it is the best one and has more drivers in our area. We don't eat out as often as we used to though... we ordered chinese last night and OMG was it expensive! We got a lot of food tho(I had a lot of leftover chicken lowmein for breakfast this morning, I try to eat the egg rolls and crab rangoons that night cuz they usally aren't that great the next day).

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.