Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I spoiled myself again

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 00:14:44 )

I found some key caps that fit my style kb! mine are those cherry viola, so they can be kinda hit or miss with the common key caps.
but i asked before I bought and they were right, these fit great <3
they were like $30? so very inexpensive :D

obv would look better on a white kb but I like my corsair

the desk setup WIP continues~~!
but like, long term WIP cause I dont usually have the spare funds for ordering silly things like this
I just had a lot of bonus gift cards piling up :vanora_xd:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 13:24:13 )

That’s awesome. My husband loves different keyboards and different caps. I think he has like 4 different keyboards and extra caps?
He even built his own keyboard before.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 15:36:05 )

@Totalanimefan:
:vanora_heart:
I didn't even THINK of building my own kb! That would be so much funnnn!
I would love to eventually get out of all these black devices (I'd give this one to my husband cause it'd match his desk better) but that will probably something I do wayyy later, after all these bills get smaller xD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 18:52:45 )

@Jolly: It's a lot of work and you have to know what you are doing. My husband got a sodering gun (which he knew how to use) and whatever you need to make it work and then put it together. Took him a lot of hours but he saw it as a fun hobby. After he's done with work I'll have him post about it on my account.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 20:51:09 )

@Totalanimefan:
ohhh yes, if he does, have him ping me in the post! i love reading into hobbies ♡
the act of creating anything is real exciting to me
except babies

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 21:04:24 )
    Yessss very nice, I love a good keyboard!!! Very sleek looking caps there.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 15:33:39 )

@Jolly: Sorry, it was busy working late last night. He did say that there are keyboards you can make but the parts are together and you just assemble.
He said good websites to start are
https://boardsource.xyz]
and
https://keeb.io

Also keep in mind he works in tech and is on a tech salary. I feel like when I see him look at keyboards they can be expensive 0-0

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 15:49:21 )

@Totalanimefan:
ooohh, is it normal for them to be split in half this way? I know there are keyboards that are designed to be in two pieces, not sure if thats the purpose with these xd
but i only glanced at the sites since I'm at work again. very fun to think about! i probably wouldn't try it for a while just due to cost, but still fun to think about :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 15:55:57 )

@Jolly: They don't have to be split, but split is good for ergonomics, but you have to relearn how to use it. Take about 2 weeks of solid practice.
Yeah the cost is a lot, I think cause it's very niche.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 16:06:28 )

@Totalanimefan:
yeah, makes sense. i think i make way more use of my right hand typing than my left, so splitting would be a funny thing to try and learn :vanora_xd: i bet it's comfy after adapting though?
maybe ill try it haha

but yeah, i mean is not terrrrible. once we knock out student loans and car payments, I'll be able to go all out on things like this! if i stop receiving medical bills

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 16:33:44 )

@Jolly: You can get keyboards that let you type with only one hand, but you have to learn how to do it, since there aren't enough buttons you would use layers and combos to hit each letter you are going for.
My husband likes it a lot better because his posture is better and he isn't hunched over as much. It's also good when the cat tries to lay on your desk, you can move just the side he's trying to lay on.
Good luck on working through those. When I paid off my student loans I was soo happy!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 11:24:44 )

@Totalanimefan:
lmao gosh my cat insists on laying on my keyboard when I have a whole L-shaped desk for her to cuddle up on when she wants to sit with me!
Even a split kb probably wont stop her :vanora_xd:
But I recently got a keypad that came with a new drawing tablet. It has buttons on it like a kb, so I can trick her into laying on that if I stick it right up against my actual kb lmaoo ridiculous.

anyway, tell your husband thank you for me :D
thankfully we're almost done with the student loans. The main thing is the car, but I'm forecasting I should absolutely have that paid off by the end of next year. Hopefully sooner, if these darn medical bills could stop being chunky lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 19:55:16 )

@Jolly: So does my cat haha. He still tries to lay on it but my husband just moves the half out of the way and then can still type with it.
Thanks I will tell him you said that. ^^
Hopefully soon you will have better medical luck! Then you can pay off the bills and loans quickly. If the % for the car is under 4% you can probably worry more about the student loans? I feel like those always have a really high %.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 14:50:21 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yup, thats exactly why we focused on the loans first! They're like somewhere around 4% or something, whereas my car I got down to 1.9% so its easy to manage. I got hella lucky when buying it cause I brought my store manager with me lol he's good at playing the dealership game and has a very intimidating german mother. They saved me thousands :vanora_xd:
But got the loans down to about 8k, so hoping to have that paid off by december if we budget right. medical bills may be the only thing that can push us back, but so far I only have statements and not the bills themselves yet :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 17:55:30 )

@Jolly: Wow 1.9% is amazing. At a rate that low, it might be a good idea to put some money into savings after paying off the student loan because it's always important to have an emergency fund. (Which I'm sure you knew, you seem to have learned how to handle money).
8k isn't bad, if they are government student loans they aren't earning any interest atm too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 15:18:45 )

@Totalanimefan:
I have an emergency savings already actually! :D
I debate on throwing it towards the medical bills if they end up sending the bill itself (I only have statements from insurance so far) so It'll need rebuilding ;;
but yeah
they're government student loans, so the interest deal is really helping out! Gives us a pretty big head start. But then I thought, what if they do offer loan forgiveness once we have it paid off. :vanora_xd:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 17:13:53 )

@Jolly: You go girl. You are ahead of the game. :)
I do feel like it's a toss up if they are actually going to bother with the leftover after Insurance. I feel like my Dr doesn't send me the bill for $10.
I think about that too, but honestly even if you don't personally benefit by not having to pay them, it would really help the economy in general and maybe more people would come and buy mattresses from you lol. And it will help our generation not be so poor T_T

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 15:07:48 )

@Totalanimefan:
They already charged me twice for my copay and bitched at me about it so ;D hopefully thats the end of it
but i learn that health care is especially awful in texas so ill expect the worst.

lmao no you're soooo right! mattresses are absolutely luxuries, so when any tiny thing happens, we lose business. If I don't make enough in commission for the week, I only get paid $7.25 ph (just around $300 per week). We call it 7i since thats what the form is called, and that happened to me 2-3 times already this year lol its usually a very rare thing!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 16:57:53 )

@Jolly: I had to complain about a Dr's office bill not that long ago (last year) it did end up getting sorted but only after we called a bunch of times and complained.

Yikes, that sucks. I hope that things get better. It's hard to pay off debt when making min wage.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.