Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat We have a new cat?!?!?!?

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 17:39:52 )
Should they keep it on display...

So the past 24 hours has been wild.

My mom was jokingly complaining about dad not letting us get another cat (we already had 4) but my dad asked if there was another cat she saw on her facebook feed. Turns out there was, a black and white indoor who was abandoned 2 weeks ago when his owners moved out. What really confused me was that my dad agreed to get the cat.
So my mom drove over to where the cat was and brought him home. He seemed very scared, and very tiny. Our cats investigated while he was still in the carrier. Our youngest cat, Oliver, is the only one who was scared by the cat's presence, with our other three just being curious. The new cat hissed and growled some, unsuprising, but nothing else could happen with him in the carrier still.
He is now in my parent's bedroom, has been since last night. He mostly hides under the bed, but did come out for food and to use the bathroom (thank god he's littertrained that's always the worst part of getting a new cat) and apparently got up onto the bed while my parents were sleeping. I haven't interacted with him much, and he doesn't have a name just yet. My mom is considering "Finn" but she isn't dead-set on it just yet.

So yeah we have 5 cats now (again).

Or redecorate?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 17:41:44 )

Congrats on your new pet! I'm sure they will have a wonderful new life with you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 17:42:38 )
    @MaxIsConfused: lol I read this in the cats voice, "I have new humans?!?!?!"
    For real tho, congrats. Has he seen a vet? I only ask because my kitty came to us super tiny and needed to go on special food to help him bulk up. Like protein food or something lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 17:49:15 )

@sunny: Not just yet, but the rescue who couldn't take him agreed to help pay for him to be neutered. So, relatively soon! One of our cats seems to be a lil bit bigger than him, but still small. She's completely healthy, though, so whether the cat is just small naturally or needs special food, not entirely sure.

Or redecorate?

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 18:59:45 )

Update: turns out Finn (name is official) is probably a girl? At least that's what my mom thinks.

Or redecorate?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.