Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Smart watch brands

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 15:44:05 )

Ahhhhhhh I'm going crazy with researching these things, so I'm gonna compile a small list on here D<
Please tell me your experience with these or any other brands I dont mention!!

I'm looking for in features:
○ step tracking (ofc)
○ sleep tracking (if it can detect things like snoring or grinding, even better, but not deal breaker)
○ REMINDERS! This is probably the biggest thing, I need it to be able to either set reminders in its own app or read off my existing phone calendar. I need them alarms bb
○ Size--I have tiny wrist. If I measured right, my wrist is like 45mm wide.

First idea is always Fitbit. But I REALLY dont like how difficult it is to actually find a breakdown of what features are premium and what aren't. For the big price, I start looking around elsewhere >>

Pros: 40mm!! It SMOL
I have a samsung phone. A samsung tv. They have great stuff, but--
Cons: Bad reputation for awful battery life. Like its supposed to be 24 hours which is sucky already, but it doesn't actually last even a day. This is based on feedback my husband gets at work (he works at a phone company). Reviews online seem to share the opinion.
ALSO IT UGLY AF
And $200+

Apple watch is pretty but i have android :')
and its $$$$ with 18 hour battery life

Pros: GORGEOUS. Professional. R O U N D.
I love this design, I would pay the extra $ for it. But--

Cons: 42mm
so big
so bulk

Pros: price is in the double digits.
Fully customizable watch face--I can have fun with that!
I cant find measurement in mm but it appears to be a smaller one? probably 40-41mm?
multiple days of battery life even on heavy use (per reviews)

Cons: Ugly
Do not like the bands (but may see if these can be changed)

Pros: EVEN CHEAPER in cost but also even more positive reviews

Cons: 42mm wide is so biggggggg for me

Too many options and all of them look ugly
or big
or expensive
:vanora_tired:
I just want a device on my wrist that will yell at me and hold me accountable for my routines/meds/ect

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 16:29:27 )

I like the first two ones you posted.
Personally I've been using an Apple Watch since they came out in 2015 and I really like mine! I can't speak for others because I haven't used them, but smart watches are great for giving you info at a glance like texts, or the weather, or fitness. Which I like a lot. I also can know that I got a notification without having to pull out my phone and back in 2015 I worked retail and couldn't take out my phone, with a smart watch I could read and reply to texts without getting in trouble or pulling out my phone.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 16:31:20 )

@Totalanimefan:
I like the look of apple watches too! they're not too bulky or annoying.
But I do doubt they'll work well on androids? I should probably look into that, but they're also most expensive

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 16:38:17 )

@Jolly: I just asked my husband (who works in tech) and he said you can't use an Apple Watch with Android. That really sucks! I thought that you could T_T
Just take my post as how much I like smart watches and what you can do with them lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 16:51:14 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeahh, sadly I cannot stand iphones ;;
Im so comfortable on androids and pcs that I dont use any apple product. Some of that is for cost as well.
But yeah!
I ended up getting the $59 Cakuja watch (knocked it down with a coupon too). Never heard of them but reviews are good across the board, so we'll see how it works! If I like it Ill simply change the band to a less ugly one lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 21:02:41 )

@Jolly: Awesome that you were able to get one. I hope that you like it!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:12:19 )

@Totalanimefan:
I hope so too!!
If I can put my own images on it like advertised, I cant wait to see if its a decent quality! I'd love to draw something for it specifically.
I'll show it off it that works out :vanora_xd:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:13:56 )

@Jolly: That's a great idea. I know that with a lot of smart watches you can change the background on the watch face. Is the one you got good for fitness as well?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:29:56 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah it seems to have all the regular features of a smart watch.
You can receive calls and texts on it (which I probably would turn off, I like to disconnect from my phone)
Music and Camera Control, Brightness Adjustment, Weather Display, Sedentary Reminder, Alarm Clock, Stopwatch, Flashlight.
8 sport modes and 7-15 days of battery life.

Honestly if the battery life is true, that alone beats a samsung watch by a mile imo.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:55:32 )

@Jolly: That really is a lot of battery life. Any fitness metric tracking?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 23:27:13 )

@Totalanimefan:
Like pedometer and that? Yeah, it has heart rate, calories, distance, blood pressure
and steps of course
I found that pretty much all the watches I looked at have these same features. Some do better than others in accuracy, but really the only limitations I saw were mostly battery life?

Granted I only looked at items with the best reviews xd

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 14:56:08 )

@Jolly: that’s pretty good. I hope it’s accurate. :) when do you get it?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 16:03:30 )

@Totalanimefan:
Should be here on the 1st!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 16:41:02 )

@Jolly: OMG so soon! :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 03:00:02 )

@Totalanimefan:
It has arriveddd! Got it yesterday so I tested it out all day today :D
I can ABSOLUTELY put art on the watch face! So I love peeking down at it, right now i have a picture that someone drew of mine and my hub's characters. I'll draw something for the watch later~!

The step counter is not totally accurate. It also counts hand motions as steps even if I am sitting down, and I flap my hands around a TON when I talk. So I just kinda take the step counts and cut em in half maybe? That should be closer to correct XD Or like 1/3 of it is true steps maybe

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 00:29:51 )

@Jolly: That's awesome that you can do that!

Yeah some watches do that, I think it's better if it over counts than if it under counts. That's more annoying to me. I'm glad that you like it so far ^^

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 18:45:04 )

@Totalanimefan:
YO BUT WAIT
so in the packaging it was like "you win $30 amazon gift card" and I'm like hey cool
all i had to do was leave a review and email them
so i did
but they sent me $50 gift card instead????

this item was like $59 when i got it, with a $9 coupon
??????

free watch?
:vanora_xd:
how did this happen

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 21:20:30 )

@Jolly: OMG that is soo awesome! Congrats on that. I would say that watch is amazing for $9 haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 00:42:05 )
    So I have the fitbit Inspire 2. I purchased it for $60 because I had a coupon and it was a holiday sale, but they're usually about $100. Without Premium, it still tracks my (a) steps, (b) sleep,* (c) exercise, and (d) is able to maintain reminders. I have just one "reminder" as an alarm that buzzes for me to wake up without disturbing anyone around me. The only downside is that it doesn't have an exercise function for rowing, which is how I usually work out. It just picks up something else like swimming or aerobics instead. Not that I can say I really give a shit.

Just about any watch is going to have inaccurate readings for steps because of arm movements, so it helps if you can track distance and roughly estimate your steps but even then, that kind of buffer isn't going to make a massive difference.

I hope the watch you have received suits your needs!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 15:28:03 )

@blue:
Thanks for the info! It was real hard to find a breakdown of what came with the non-premium other than how the heart rate thing graph looks like. But its starting to sound like theres really no point in premium :vanora_xd:

But yeah! my cheapo (which turned out to be free?) watch can measure how wide my steps are. I have short strides, short legs, but maybe doubling the estimated step distance would help with the inaccuracies a bit Lol It just has basic standard sport modes, which I haven't tried any yet. Bit too nervous to take it swimming

If this thing fails me, I'll probably go with a fitbit! :D

*edit*
OH CAN fitbit have custom watch faces? Like maybe thru the app or something? O:
I heard some other watches do but its not advertised

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.