Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I made a terrible mistake

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 02:00:32 )
Let's discuss making terrible horrible awful mistakes. Okay none of the ones that belong in the Serious talk forum. No no, not those. The other ones. o.o today I accidentally ate moldy bread, I didn't notice the tiny specks of dusty green. I've just finally gotten the taste out of my mouth. Luckily it wasn't mold enough to make me sick to my stomach. But man was that just an awful mistake.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 02:30:18 )
Oh gosh, one time I was trying to kill this bug, well it went on a toothbrush of mine, it was so quick I dropped the toothbrush in the toilet. However the bug was stuck on the inside of the toilet bowl without thinking I flushed both the bug and tooth brush down...Oh thank god the price to have it fixed wasn't that much. :vanora_sweat:
I am friendly ;A; just odd at times. Looking to buy Foxy Festival

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 02:39:11 )
o.o oh man. I don't think you would've wanted that toothbrush back anyway.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 19:04:19 )
My whole life consists of nothing but mistakes, so idk where to even begin...

Well, here's one: When I was 18, I lived on my own with my late wife and newborn and I supported us by operating printing presses.
I had this one time where I came in and we had to set up a new job that just got passed through preflight, preflight being the step where you get the plates (like a template made of metal with the image laser burned onto it that is then attached to the press to transfer said image to the printed product) made, checked by quality control and approved. So, I was hanging the plate on the rollers and looking over the checklist. I have tritanopia, a type of color vision deficiency, which is a more correct term for color blindness. Most color blind people can see colors, just not certain ones. Only monochromatic color blindness makes a person unable to see colors. Anyway, I can't see yellow or any colors made by mixing yellow. So to me green appears as blue, orange appears like a red/pinkish color and yellow appears like a very pale pink. It almost looks white to me. Anyway, I think you can guess the mistake I made. I got confused on the ink color and put blue in the ink reservoir instead of green and luckily, my work partner realized the mistake quickly. We didn't even begin printing but it still was a pain in the ass because we had to clean the reservoir, which took a bit. We ended up being pretty behind schedule. Lol. I don't remember why I was in charge of inking the press even though they definitely knew I have a color vision deficiency.

Edit: Also, just going to point out before anyone accuses me of lying about tritanopia bc my avatar has green rn, when I make avatars using colors I don't see correctly, I usually have my fiancée, friends and/or kids help me match colors. I also found a nifty tool on a site for color blind awareness where I can enter hex values and match colors. It's pretty helpful.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 01:09:49 )
Today when I thought my son was napping he broke out of his crib and ate a part of my girlfriend's plant in the hallway...
I'm thinking of blaming the cat.

My typos have tyoos at this point.

I am a MAN
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 01:22:16 )
I used my mom's toothbrush by accident last night.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:10:05 )
@Lithinel: Oh man that sounds horrible and kind of gross. How did that happen?

The other day I accidentally spent my mom's money, because her card was still saved to my etsy account.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:13:52 )
@Another Movie Addict:
Well my mom, dad, and I were staying in a hotel the past few days, so we had to share a bathroom. Mine and my mom's toothbrushes are the same color, and I was really tired, so I just grabbed one and it turned out to be hers. :/

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:16:33 )
@Lithinel: Oh man that sucks. Lol my mom makes sure to buy packs that are all different colours. Just so that wouldn't happen. -w- ugh then my uncle's ex-wife stayed with us for a while and totally started using my toothbrush.
And hey at least you didn't flush it down the toilet.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:20:04 )
@Another Movie Addict:
Neither of us were too happy about it. It's equally gross for both of us. And omg...that most have been horrible for you as well. I'm curious about the toilet thing now...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:22:44 )
@Lithinel: Lol I was poking fun at the person who first posted in here. They accidentally flushed a toothbrush down the toilet.
That was the last straw for me when she started doing that. We kicked her out not longer after, there were other issues too.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:24:47 )
@Another Movie Addict:
Ah okay, thanks for letting me know. And I can't blame you honestly.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.