Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk depression and hopelessness

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 02:50:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

As of late, last couple of weeks i had to take over the main cooking duty in my household, due to my sister's panic and anxiety disorder getting increasingly worse, i took over so she could get some time to rest and relax. But now feels like even tho I am doing a lot, I am still getting lectured about needing to start earlier. Even tho usually I don't know what will be happening for dinner because sometimes my sister will feel up to cooking. Tho it's rare these days. I usually wait until she wakes up to tell me what I need to do because i don't normally know what to do as again I'm not normally the main person who cooks. And she sleeps sometimes until 6:30pm, due to her insomnia. And i also get lectured on how i need to get up earlier, and do this or that, etc.

Not to mention it's already hard to do most of the cooking because with my ADHD i struggle a lot with getting myself to do things. Especially cooking and overall chores. and it feels like i have to do everything with no assistance. And my dad is always quite negative. Which i understand why because we are broke, jobless, and lost my mother last year in September and it's still a grieving process.

But with the constant negativity, having to hear everyone's issues, never voicing my own, doing the chores and mainly doing all the cooking, it feels pointless to bother continuing to do things i like. I am very passionate about art, i love it, it's been my coping mechanism since i was a child, and I work[kinda] as a freelance artist. but with everything I have to do now, it feels like i shouldn't bother to peruse my dreams of being a freelance artist anymore.

Just kinda at a loss of what to do because it's not like i can ask for help. My dad can't cook, my sister can barely handle cooking anymore, my dad does the dishes but complains that i should do that as well. regardless that my adhd has limitations on how much i can do in a whole day.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 03:44:27 )

@MoodyB: That's very hard. Could you look at a recipe online or something from a cookbook? Could you learn how to make one or two things and then just make those? It's totally understandable that your sister is having a hard time, but that doesn't mean things should be harder for you.

Maybe you could start with something simple like eggs if everyone likes that? Or boxed pasta/Mac and cheese? Cooking doesn't always have to be a big hard thing. :)

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 04:02:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I thought i could find some recipes for our crock pot or air fryer
but my sister's diet is so hard to work around due to PMDD+lactose, and having other stomach issues
so i don't know at all what she can eat until we take her to this one doctor out of town what will see what issues she has and how to deal with them just by taking pictures of her eye i think?

Everyone is pretty much on 3 completely different diets. I can eat almost anything due to my iron stomach.
Just not squash or cilantro.
but my dad is quite a picky eater as well and can't have things with gravy or things made with real milk.
there is a lot i have no idea what to do so i am basically being thrown into the fire without any help from anyone. my sister has cooked most of our lives after my mom was unable to since i was 14. and so i literally don't know what im doing.

we usually eat pasta quite frequently, but other than that i'm not sure.
my sister can't have garlic, cheese, corn, and a lot of other stuff.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 14:59:19 )

@MoodyB: That's very tough. If the directions are written out for you does that help?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 21:55:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yes. That helps me a lot more.
I can't really rely on my own thinking or mind because i always forget half of the things
that are written down. :vanora_cry:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 22:11:01 )

@MoodyB: Maybe you could ask your sister to write down how to make a dish? Or look in a cookbook?
And then if you master that one dish, that's something you can make!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:37:21 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: most of the things my sister does make
just aren't up to my taste. so eventually i'll have to figure something out lol.
we have a cook book as it was my mother's she used very often but i don't really know
if there are any recipes in it that we actually eat or can eat.

tho my dad did say there is a cook book for our air fryer so maybe i'll either invest in that
or a cookbook from tasty.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 02:42:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@koneko: yeah generally all of us can eat potatoes. but my sister's diet really puts a monkey wrench in things
just because there is a long list of what she can't eat right now until
we take her to the doctor's and figure out what's going on as she can't even eat anything that has fiber in it.
so her meals mostly are bland and all of us have some sort of dietary or food sensory issues.

yeah its been very difficult. just feel like i should almost quit because im lacking the energy, and the time to even do what i want.
and when i do have time for myself im too exhausted. it's been extremely discouraging because art is my whole life.
without it i feel i am nothing.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 04:26:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@koneko: kinda just feel like i am stuck in one place
and never have time for it.

i've mostly just only had time to do chibis. but i am not even good at them.
so it's been a struggle to be productive.
i need to do study paintings but they take a lot of time and energy.
so maybe i can just split them over a couple of days to weeks.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.