Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Gaming in Space

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 04:50:26 )
This thread is sort of purposed to be a one-stop shop for games like No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, EVE Online and Warframe. (Warframe is tangentially included because it takes place in space via the Railjack missions, though it's limited to one solar system.)

Either way, I've played all of these before and would very much enjoy seeing recommendations based on this interest of mine. Warframe gets a bit too grindy, Elite Dangerous has a god-awful new player experience (same hat with Warframe) and No Man's Sky tends to feel a bit barren due to it not really being an MMO unless you're in a system where everyone's been or you're on the Anomaly. I could never get into EVE Online.

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 05:12:09 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Shoot, I haven't played a game with any type of space combat since the Ratchet and Clank series...unless spacewalking around an orbital station in Destiny 2 counts? |D Such pretty ships, but zero space combat...so much potential!

Actually, I totally forgot about Starbound which is unbelievable because I was so addicted to that game for a while. c': Very good! Lots of fun, lots of freedom to play your way too.. well, kinda. The first level and getting the feel of the game was a real trial for me lol.

Come to think of it, Rogue Squadron II for the GameCube wasn't all bad, though IIRC the controls were wanting.

I did have some friends who played EVE and Warframe, and both have piqued my interest, but the last thing I need is another game to grind. oTL

// AI-COM : return [ Virtual . Integrated . Intelligence ] // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/20 00:38:57 )
@Vii: i remember starbound! i used to absolutely fucking adore that game. though, since they went into 1.0, it went to absolute shit, in my opinion. they removed so much content from the koala and giraffe betas.

plus there was also the issue of them using unpaid interns for assets and shit. really don't like that chucklefish did that, and i was planning to see if i couldn't work there.

speaking of, does voltra have any jobs at the moment?
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — Any Prns Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/20 23:16:14 )
@Pelontrix: Outer Worlds is my personal favorite space game! The world building is cute, the handful of worlds feel different enough from each other to be fun, and I like that it encourages you to wander around and find stuff to do that's no apart of your main missions. Though I'm like obsessed with open world mess around games like this so I might be biased lol
Current Song: Shirim by Melody's Echo Chamber

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.