Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Steven Universe

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 04:03:41 )
Okay so I decided out of my boredom and a desperate need for something new-ish (new to me) and outside my normal realm of interest. This has led me to give Steven Universe a chance. When the show first came about I had a bit of a problem with the animation style. It's just not my bag. Anyway I'm in the first season, I've heard that it does take a bit before it really starts taking hold of you. My first impression of it though. Steven is an idiot, a very very annoying idiot. The gems are cool to watch, but just. Steven. Ugh. Please tell me he gets better as the show goes on?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 04:07:01 )
YES IT GET SO GOOD YOU JUST GOTTA PUSH THROUGH

seriously it has one of the best and most creative storylines/character developments ive ever seen from a show its so good

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 04:08:53 )
I mean it was the same way with MLP, the first season of most shows is kind of meh. Takes time to build the characters up and all that. He's just so annoying though.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 08:05:46 )
The first .. maybe 10-20 episodes they're trying to hit their stride. Rebecca Sugar knows what she wants but they're also balancing what Cartoon Network wants. The show picks up in a huge way around 50 but I was already in love by the 20-30 range.

Steven's a kid and he makes mistakes, I really enjoy that they teach children that you can make mistakes and aren't worth less for them.

I know "it gets good around 50" sounds daunting as hell but they're 11 minute episodes so it honestly flies by.

I can' t count how many times I've cried watching this show and I'm literally 29 years old. I WISH I had this growing up.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 04:39:12 )
Steven gets loads better as the show goes on i agree with the above statements they have to balance what they want and what the network wants

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 04:55:54 )
I'm about half way into the second season, and I still don't like Steven.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.