Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Writing this essay sucks! - I passed the class!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/17 17:33:16 )

The end of my 1st term is Feb 28th. I have one more class in my queue and it needs to be finished and fully graded by then.
It's about Change Management. Which seems boring, because it is boring.
But the essay is extremely long for this class. I'm about half way done and I'm already at 9 pages. I guess there are multiple theories about how to manage change and the need to change in companies and the professor wants me to write about ALL OF THEM and for a lot of them ALL OF THE STEPS. Like damn son, I've been working on this essay for I don't know how many hours now. (It's been days) I need to submit it by sometime on Friday for them to view it by Monday, finish grading it on Tuesday or Wednesday and then time if they need to hand it back to me because I didn't pass part of my essay and then to resubmit it again.
This sucks lol, but when I finish the class I won't have to worry about it and I'll have one less class this next term/semester.

9 hours later update: Now I only have one more section to finish and then I'm done!

4pm the next day: I had the windows guy come to our house to sort out pricing and get measurements. I had to clean the house before he came.
I worked on my essay only really taking breaks to do the laundry or eat. And now I'm finished and it's submitted!

UPDATE: On Monday I got the essay back, and I passed the class! Time for Spring Break bby!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/17 20:22:22 )

Thank you. I feel like it is too. Like other essays are parts A-D (with subparts like A2, or B3) but this one is A-G!! And it's all one task so I can't do half and then submit it and work on part 2. The other classes it was less work but also in two parts so that it could be graded sooner. Of course I would still have to pass both essays for the 2 task ones, but it just feels faster.

Yes I really hope that I will pass all of the sections without having to do another section again. I'm really making sure that I hit every point that the essay wants me to talk about.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/18 21:46:03 )

Essay submitted! I'm hoping that it comes back as a pass but honestly I'm just glad that I got it in early enough. School is closed on Monday, but I don't know if grading happens over the weekends or on holidays. I do believe I got it in before the end of the month rush though. That was my goal.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/20 19:22:53 )
    The last paper I ever wrote was only about 16 pages. The professor wanted to curtail anyone who thought they could be impressive by writing dozens of pages, and to be honest, I don't blame him. I must have done well on the paper because I had a special notation (and only found out because I showed a friend my grades). I struggled for a little bit when it came to keeping the paper on track to a certain point, and it helped to have periodic 'check ins' with the professor by submitting an outline, a fleshed out outline, etc.

Ah, there was another one about 20 pages long, but I hated writing about it so I forgot. Plus, the professor repeatedly forgot about our meetings or double-booked over mine so I didn't put a lot of effort into it.

I'm sure you'll pass and get a good grade! It sounds like you put a lot of work into the essays and you've been striving to do well and finish quickly so I've no doubt that it will pay off.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/21 01:37:53 )

@blue: Wow those are some long papers. Good for you on getting that special notation! The longest one I ever wrote was 14 pages. It was for my American Sign Language class. Which seems kinda of ironic, but they do still write a lot.
Ugh 20 pages, was that your final or something? I'm going to probably do my final class next term (March 1 - Sept 1) and I just looked at the outline cause I guess I can look at it even though I'm not signed up for the class yet, and just the checklist is 12 pages long! I think I read online some people's final paper/report was like 30 pages. It's about running your own business. Here are some of the sections -
Missions statement/goals
business history/legal form (like INC or LLC)
Management Structure
Marketing/Industry Analysis/Products and Services
More marketing stuff
Income Statement/Balance Sheet/Accounting stuff
More Finance stuff

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.