Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk extreme pain, and tmi body stuff

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/14 23:23:11 )

This morning I had an IUD procedure
idk how many of you have experienced that before but it has been DOWNplayed about how much its supposed to hurt.
it all went from 1 to 1000 real quick
In my head I was begging for it to be over, when the doctor lady was like
OOPS
and she got all nervous
like i guess the placement of it slid a bit
and she started saying scary things like to get an ultra sound to make sure it's positioned alright, if im worried about it. or just wait and see

and I'm like
wtf
i went through so much pain and now you're scaring me!
i asked more details on the placement and it didn't make a lot of sense so I'm like, is it gonna work or not? what's the risk here based on its still placed in the uterus its just more towards the middle.
stressed about will i have to go through more pain cause of this.

i didn't get any clear answers so i called another place to get an unbias professional opinion, and the nurse i talked to was like yeah you'll be fine just watch out for this or that symptom. if i don't experience anything then I'm good.

that's all i needed to know, geez

so then I'm at home and honestly the aftermath hurts more than the procedure and idk how women can do this at all. I'm a huge wimp, i can hardly move QQ
I'm on heavy pain meds, cbd, keeping warm and eating rice sideways cause i can't sit up or roll over.

I honestly would rip this out in an instant if it meant I wouldn't feel this pain the rest of today. This wasn't worth it, the implant was so much better even with the crazy hormone issues

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 00:17:59 )

I feel like I would never want something like that in my body, but this thread just sealed the deal. I'll stick with BC pills.
I hope that you feel better soon.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 00:42:14 )

@Jolly:
Aww, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with it!! It is a scary procedure. In fact, I was so terrified of it (and the multitude of hormone side effects that can mess you up) that my boyfriend opted for a vasectomy instead of making me go through with it.

I'm not sure what kind of pain medications you're on, but you can take other kinds as well in conjunction as long as they don't share the same base drugs (such as Norco, as it contains both hydrocodone and acetaminophen, so you'd have to watch how much Tylenol you took between Norco doses). But you can cycle through the various over-the-counter medications between your heavy drugs, like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen. And don't be afraid to call your doctor's office and ask them for something better! You shouldn't have to be going through that amount of pain after a procedure, that's ridiculous.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 01:41:43 )

@Totalanimefan:
yes, don't do it.
I've been crying all day from it and passing out, it hurts so god damn much.
everything is closed right now but i might see if another doctor would just remove it, i want to give up on it so badly. this wasn't worth it at all T__T

@Fizzgig:
I took 800mg of ibuprofen about 40 min before the procedure. and I've been POUNDING my cbd (hemp based so not terribly strong lol) trying to just exist. i had called them asking if this amount of torturous pain is even normal, and they said to just call them back in the morning if it's still bad.
but i know they're overbooked until tuesday NEXT week so even if something is wrong, what then???

at this rate i know removing it will be reliving the same pain the insertion was but that pain hasn't left me in 7 hours anyways.. kinda just wanna mash an undo button.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 01:44:35 )

talking around i also get very mixed answers of whether this pain is normal or not. but it's all heresay
orz

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 01:51:05 )

That all sounds so stressful! I hope that it can be fixed in the morning.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 02:01:20 )

@Jolly:
Even if they're overbooked, they can still call in a medication for you. You don't have to go in and see them. But if they did think they needed to see you, they'd squeeze you in.
Just a note: I am not a doctor. But I am a nurse and I work bedside so I see pain and OTCs and these medications all the time. You might could try taking 1,000mg Tylenol alongside the Ibuprofen. The reason you limit the dosages is because of effects on certain organs if they're overloaded with substances, but NSAIDS (Naproxen and Ibuprofen) affects the kidneys, while Tylenol affects the liver. So, Tylenol and Ibuprofen together should be fine. Take them every 4-6 hours, even if you feel like the pain is getting better. You're going to want to prevent the pain for the next couple of days rather than wait for it to get bad enough to treat.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 02:42:08 )

@Fizzgig:
Well I'm grateful to have a nurse to recommend the medicine, I'm always so wary of my organ health.
That said, would expired tylenol be safe to take, you think? I come ill prepared ;;

I have half a mind to call up an overnight clinic but I'm too nervous that I'll be charged and turned away because "this should be normal" but i don't wanna do it anymore lol
i wish i could rip it out myself, I'm so exhausted

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 02:48:01 )

@Jolly:
Uhh it depends on how expired? The expiration date doesn't mean it's bad or spoiled, like food. It's just the drug's half-life. An expired drug will not be as effective and there's no telling how much good it'll do. But if it's expired in the last like 2-3 months, it should still work mostly fine. But I would definitely invest in a better stocked medicine cabinet lol

Is there any way you could get a friend or family to go and get you medication? Or could you do delivery? If you can't afford it, I'll pay for it. You can PM me to talk about it. I'd much rather pay for your medication/delivery than have you suffering like this.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 05:29:53 )

@Fizzgig:
Thank you, that's very sweet! T T
I actually ended up rolling into urgent care to check with them about it. It was a rollercoaster of one person saying it's no problem they can take it out, then another person saying no we can't cause we didn't put it in but hey you wanna buy more medicine?
Then one last person appeared. a Saint. her schedule was over, but she heard what's up and came running. told me i got the most painful type of iud and that's why i was in so much drastic pain. she had another girl run an ultra sound which confirmed it wasn't stabbing my uterus and then they agreed to remove it.

Turns out, their tools didn't hurt as badly.
and almost immediately i felt the first relief of today! I can walk with my back straight again
;^;;;;;;

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 05:37:44 )

Wow. I can’t imagine going through that. I’m glad you got it removed. o vo;;;

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 05:54:52 )

@Jolly:
I'm glad you went and got it taken care of!! I was really worried about you! Pain is no joke. I'm really happy you didn't just sit and suffer because "oh that's normal." I hope you feel 100% soon.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 06:17:31 )

@Kent:
well, this was one way to spend valentines day!
:vanora_stunned:

@Fizzgig:
Thank you! yeah I finally decided it's not worth waiting to figure out if it's normal or not. it's not a normal that i need in my life.

i cannot express how much relief i feel

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 17:08:44 )

@Jolly: OMG I'm glad that you got it fixed!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 20:13:07 )

@Totalanimefan:
Me too!
My muscles are so tired today and my jaw aches from clenching for 8-9 hours, but otherwise I feel absolutely back to normal today ;v;;;;

went to a dealership to look at a car we might get
and the guy was like "well happy belated valentines day! what'd you all do yesterday?" and he gives Josh a hard stare, like expecting that he must've done something super nice for me cause he's the dude.
Josh and I both stuttered like UHH WELL that's a story for another time

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 20:07:10 )
that sounds really fucking painful. i'm glad you got the damn thing out and that the urgent care doctors were competent enough to do so.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 03:23:32 )

@Pelontrix:
Yeah, gosh, I'm so glad that didn't last much longer!

I'm finding it weird now that this morning I intended to call the clinic where I had the procedure done (planned parenthood--not the best choice but I had reason for timing, finding a doctor within a year is really hard in this town Dx ) because I had forgotten to cancel an appointment with them to remove the implant I had before all this IUD stuff. Cause at this point, now I need to get a prescription to replace that fucking texas but I shouldn't remove it beforehand, of course.
But anyway, couldnt call cause they were closed. Weird, I had an appointment scheduled. Turns out that they're now only open 2 days a week.
?!

Either some political nonsense happened in texas that I didn't hear about yet, or maybe they're losing business??? XD''

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 17:21:16 )
@Jolly: planned parenthood is pretty good from what i've heard. we don't have the same sort of stuff in the UK.

i'm guessing it's because the head honcho in texas wants to try and ban abortions.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 22:45:35 )

@Pelontrix:
Planned parenthood has a pretty bad reputation for incompetence, actually. And in some places, very concerning "inventory" of aborted body parts. I mean, that's kinda why abortions keep getting restricted to how long into pregnancy, cause when the fetus gets big enough, it has to be removed in pieces. and in some cases it could survive on its own otherwise, or something like that.

But with the way this state, and maybe country, keeps going when it comes to womens' health/ect. I can appreciate having a place to go where I know whoever I talk to in their clinic is not going to be against me. (although I CAN expect people in the parking lot to call me a murderer lmao)
Outside of planned parenthood, I cannot even find a female doctor, let alone anyone who will see me in-person until August. I struck lucky with a video chat to prescribe my implant, but even that wont be until april T___T my implant is going to expire before I even get a new one prescribed. I hate this side of texas sm

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 23:42:18 )
@Jolly: huh, odd stuff. i've only been around on tumblr and heard good things about it.

still better than nothing, i suppose????
please ping me for the love of god.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.