Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Sun Haven

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 09:00:41 )
I just started playing it a couple days ago and i am in LOVE with it! my hubby shared his steam library with me and he had it, so i could play, but then he started needing to use his library and i couldn't play. But then yesterday he surprised me with my own copy so now he and i can play together! My favorite npc is Wornhardt. i like his hair and face. I haven't progressed the story very far, but i like how it doesn't make you progress too far in able to do most of the things, unlike Stardew. I also enjoy stardew, but Sun Haven is amazing! Anyone else play and if so which npc do you like the most?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 15:27:49 )

I’m so excited for this game. It’s like Stardew but better balancing. It’s going to have Switch support in the future and when it does I’m going to buy it. Over the summer I watched a ton of people play it on twitch. And I learned a lot about the game then. I know it’s coming out with new patches all the time.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 00:56:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I had no idea it was going to have switch support! that's awesome!! i do feel like it could definitely be better with a controller rather that wasd and mouse, but i don't think it would be that difficult to have it do that, so it totally makes sense to me that they would have that in the future!
@Stinky: it is SO much fun! You should definitely get it when you get the chance! I totally understand things happening, but it's such a good game!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 04:29:46 )

@Alorrena: yeah they are going to add controller support in the future and it will come out on switch (I’m assuming when it’s done and not in beta anymore). I’m on the discord so I see the updates. In the summer there were lots of small updates and bug fixes but now it’s more like every two months and they are bigger fixes.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 05:32:15 )
@Stinky: yay! you'll love it!
@Totalanimefan: oh neat! I definitely look forward to that!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 19:33:42 )

@Alorrena: Me too! I am horrible at playing games with a mouse and keyboard. haha.
I love watching people play this game because there is so much to do. Have you been to the other two towns yet? Are you farming a lot?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 05:38:33 )
    I had my eye on it, but was hoping to stay away from games that were pc/computer based. Once something moves to the switch, though, I'd love to play it. Partly it's a shame because games that allow more customization on the computer don't translate well to the Switch.

That being said, some really beautiful 'life simulation' / farming games are available on Steam for the computer.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/13 07:43:46 )
@Totalanimefan: i haven't gone to them yet. i probably will soon. Lately i've been focusing on what i need to obtain to get the best gifts for everyone. i've decided on who i might want to romance for the most part, but i like having everyone in town at max hearts in games like this! I've also been doing the side quests for most of the people. there are some i can't complete yet, so those i either ignore or postpone until i'm able to do them. also, some times i spend whole days trying to fish. i'm not very good lol

@blue: i totally understand where you're coming from. some games don't translate well, but sun haven definitely feels like a game that will be great on all platforms! it already kind of feels like it belongs on console more than it does pc, which is nice.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/14 16:23:26 )

@Alorrena: there is no such thing as not very good at these types of games. They are meant to be played however you enjoy them. :)
Fishing is cool. I liked it in Rune Factory but hated it in Stardew.
Fyi there are other date-able people in the other two towns but there is also nothing wrong with falling for someone in the first town ^^

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 03:29:00 )
@Totalanimefan: i was on my way to the nel vari town, didn't get there, died, and respawned in the town with no clue how to get out and i didn't want to ruin it for me, so i quit and loaded the back up save, went on a date with wornhardt, and got asked out by jun <3 i was then ready for bed, then superbowl yesterday, at which i watched iron man 2, and now i'm taking a break from sun haven until i forget most of nel vari, or until i run out of marvel movies, whichever is first lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 17:11:50 )

@Alorrena: Oh no, that's quite a story. It always sucks when you lose progress in a game though. It makes me have to put down the game for some time and then I pick it up again.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 19:54:32 )
@Totalanimefan: I agree. Fortunately, i didn't loose too much, so it wasn't too bad. I haven't played it since last month, and i stopped watching the marvel movies cause i got stuck on the falcon and the winter soldier. i was having difficulty getting into the show. But i might play SH today.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 21:43:59 )

@Alorrena: Nice. I don’t think there have been any updates in the last month with the game. Another related game, Rune Factory 5 is coming out soon. I think something like 2 weeks from now. I’m going to pick up that game. It’s for the Switch.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 01:40:21 )
@Totalanimefan: oh nice! i have to look into getting it too! i did not get around to playing SH yet haha. I keep finding other things to do or other things distract me. lately it's been sewing. Today i was working on my hubby's blanket, found out i don't have enough blanket binding to make it all the way around it, so i have to go to walmart soon to get more before i can finish the blanket. And then i have a quilt i've been working on too.my ADHD hyperfocus/special interest brain has been ruling my life and stopping me from playing games lately.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 18:10:58 )

@Alorrena: That's totally ok. Just do what makes you happy it the moment. It's not about making yourself play a video game. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 04:47:24 )
i unironically like stardew valley's fishing system. it's not too complex, but also not mind-numbingly boring (stares at minecraft)

this game might be more towards my jam. i never really got into stardew valley, and i have no idea why it just. wasn't working for me. i'm glad there's a modding community, though.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 06:19:40 )
@Pelontrix: to me, stardew was hard to get into because it was almost bland in the story telling. I have a hard time remembering to talk to anyone in stardew that I'm not trying to romance. In sun haven, the story is a lot more in depth, theres more to the map, and the gaming mechanics aren't bad either.. the fishing system felt similar to starder, but a little more challenging. Now I have a better fishing rod and such, it's a bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 15:29:04 )
i'm hoping concernedape's next game expands on the storytelling aspect of things.

interesting, interesting. does the game go on sale at any point during the year?
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 21:38:34 )
Can I get my boyfriend to play another farming sim with me? he's done 2 stardew valley saves with me and that isn't usually his type of game lol

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 21:45:28 )
@luffer nutter: sun haven is multiplayer! i haven't played it multi player because my hubby always says he will and then gets distracted or is already preoccupied.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.