Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Insomnia

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 11:03:43 )

I've had a seriously bad case of insomnia over this month and it's on full blast tonight.

Like I just woke up at 2am feeling intense from work related stress, couldn't get back to sleep. took a sleep pill which somehow relaxed my sneezy sinuses but did not make me tired. Normally I fall asleep fine at night but I'll wake up quickly like this, within 2-4 hours, and then I'm stuck awake.

I work another 11 hour shift tomorrow so this really sucks!!
I've been laying with my eyes forced shut for an hour
:vanora_cry:

How the heck do you unwind from long work shifts where you only have two hours at home to quickly cook dinner, watch a show and clean up for bed just to rinse and repeat. So hard to maintain a clear head day after day. If it isn't work related stress, it's weather, or sickness, or sometimes for no dang reason. I just cant sleeeeep anymore!

My cat is super sweet though, she sleeps above my pillow and when i wake up from insomnia she gets super cuddly. ;;;; luv her

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 22:16:23 )

@koneko:
You know what... less sun makes a lot of sense. Being that I work long hours indoors I dont get enough sunlight on a daily, this may very well be a big factor to my bad sleep!
Maybe Ill take some outdoor breaks during sunny days XD just kinda stand in the lot like a weird person

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.