Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What even is my aesthetic?

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/20 21:58:28 )
I'm excited. All of our roommates finally moved out, and I get to expand my families life into the rest of our house rather than hiding in one or two rooms. For the longest time, I just piled all of my personal belongings on my desk or in our bedroom... now we have a lot of rooms to spread out into and decorate. I even have my very own room just for art. I want to decorate, but I just realized I have no idea what my aesthetic is. I haven't had a space just for me since I was a teenager. I was super goth back then. IDK what I am now lol... goblin metal head? My dress aesthetic has always been chaotic, so I'm sure my room design will be much the same... but I don't want it to just look like a cluttered mess. Thats how our living space has been forever. I need something zen... but when I look up decorating ideas I just get white/plants/super clean and minimalistic and I'm so not all about it. I'm also not all about spending a lot of money. I want to DIY up some cool stuff.

I feel like I'm rambling! But the point of this post is... I want to see what you all do with your personal spaces. How did you find your aesthetic? What do you do to make your space your own? What inspires you decor-wise?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/20 22:09:09 )

@Glume: I struggle with this as well, what do I like? What can I find? What can I afford?
I'm not that great with it. I recommend maybe trying Pinterest to see what's out there??

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/20 22:46:13 )
    Put random search term + aesthetic into a Pinterest search, and go wild :D

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 10:31:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Its such an existential crisis. I can't handle those at my age lol.

@sunny: I always forget pinterest exists! Its such a good tool

I'm thinking about just buying a lot of acrylic paint and/or gold foil and painting everything either dusty rose or gold... but have it be spooky creepy stuff. I've been super into that color scheme since I got pregnant (all that time ago) for some reason, might as well lean into it?
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 17:22:31 )

@Glume: I can't do it either. And that's why I don't have one lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 18:05:56 )
    @Glume: ooooo I love that colour combo! I say go for it :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 19:10:16 )

I have now been on Pinterest for the last hour looking at things lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 20:55:15 )
Should they keep it on display...

I dont exactly have an aesthetic i stick to. I just do what feels right. My bedroom walls are covered with art, coloring book pages, posters and my pride flags. It's definitely cluttered, but I don't mind it.

Or redecorate?

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 08:10:06 )
everything in our House is black/Grey expect for the kitchen the kitchen is an avocado/oldschool mint green and has an witchy aesthetic I Love our kitchen
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.