Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What a Time to be Alive

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 17:59:07 )
Thanks to Hollywood romanticism and a wandering imagination, I always fantasized about life in other time periods--namely places like Ancient Egypt, Rome, the British Isles, etc.

But it's never lost on me how amazing it is that we can turn on a PlayStation or Xbox and, within 30 seconds, have games or movies or TV shows at our fingertips; or carry terabytes worth of data around on a laptop. Like y'all I remember when 128MB was big. We hold fire and light in the palm of our hand, fly high in the sky and swim deep beneath the seas without much of a second thought.

On the one hand, my heart yearns to know history the way it really was; to lay eyes upon the pyramids wrapped in white and gold, or to walk through the bustling marketplaces of Ancient Rome. But on the other hand it's amazing to live in a world where the science fiction of the previous century is becoming reality. Smartphones and tablets are something right out of Star Trek! Smart Homes emulate an AI assistant. Autonomous cars are becoming more practical. The future has crept up on us and continues to do so.

Tesla would be awestruck at our technology but also like "wtf, you guys are still using coal / fossil fuels? What a bunch of scrubs."

Anyway thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, have a pleasant day Volties!
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/12 03:02:11 )

This was pretty interesting to read. :) During the rustle and bustle of my everyday routine, sometimes I find myself having similar thoughts as this.

It really is crazy how life went from nothing but simplicity, and now technology engulfs our lives.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.