Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games The Sims series

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:18:12 )
Is there anyone here who also plays The Sims (1,2,3,4)? I've played different installations throughout my childhood and recently (~a year or so ago) got into playing again when Sims 3 went on sale on Steam. Got the whole series for about $60. Then when my game started getting reeeally bogged down (10+ minute startup time, more freezing than playing in-game, random crashing), I decided to just retire 3 and bought Sims 4.

It runs soooo muuuuch smooother. I didn't know what anything above 15 FPS looked like in a Sims game until 4. Sure I miss the open world and the freedom with editing neighborhoods and placing lots anywhere, but look and feel of 4 is so much better! I just wish EA wouldn't be so stingy with their content and actually release expansions faster...

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:24:14 )
I used to play them on the Xbox and on the PS2 a few years back, but I've never tried Sims 4. I heard it got poor reviews :/ but when it comes out on PS4 my brother said he'll get it so I guess I will play it then :)

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:28:05 )
It's a lot more restrictive than other Sims gens, so it's definitely not the BEST version lol. Sims 3 was the best, even with the puddingfaces.

If you get the chance to try 4, I'd say go ahead. It brings a few new ideas to the table that don't *quite* make up for lack of content, but it helps :)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:31:58 )
I'm sure it will be interesting, but I really like the open world aspect of Sims 3. I tend to take forever designing the Sim and their clothes and the house, with all the textures and patterns and everything. If I can do that in Sims 4 I'll be happy xD

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:35:16 )
Me too! Though, 4 doesn't offer customizable clothing like textures and patterns. They do have a lot of different color options with their clothes, but they're pre-installed. You won't be able to color them, yourself without mods :(

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:38:58 )
Omg that was the best part :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:50:17 )
Yeah, I agree :( It took the personal touch out of creating, but the game is still pretty fun. I, shamefully, have collected all of the expansion packs over the last year or so, so there's a pretty good choice of clothing out there without sacrificing FPS and load times. Plus the game can be connected to the sims database online where the community shares their builds, so you can find a lot of really creative lots and sims out there.

Did you play generation after generation of one family or do you like to skip around and play other households?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 21:54:19 )
I have played sims 1,2 and 4. However when it comes to sims 4 I create more then I play.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:39:30 )
I play sims 4 but I have 2 and 3 with some expansions. I also have the old sims game on the game be. XD I was going to make a sims 4 information thread myself with some challenges that I've written and ones I participate in. :3
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.