Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber Restless Slumber: The Watchful Door (VOTING CLOSED)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 00:59:14 )

You feel increasingly uneasy the closer you get to this door, the giant eyeball embedded within seeming to follow your each and every move. Shaking off your rising concerns, you brace yourself for whatever is on the other side and make your way past it.

To your cautious relief, there doesn’t seem to be anything too concerning… yet. At first glance it appears to be a peaceful, yet unnervingly dim, room. Your eyes can’t help but immediately fall on the only thing within it… Io.

Counting yourself lucky that you’ve found him this quickly, you open your mouth to call out to him. You don’t even get the chance before he’s already answering you.

“Yes I know you’re here, idiot. You’re incredibly difficult to miss in this vast, expansive, ever reaching room of zip and butkus.”

… That’s Io’s voice, but that’s definitely not Io. Oh no.

In a swift motion, Io spins on his heel to finally face you with an unnervingly wide grin. Dark, viscous fluids drip from his hollow eyes and down his pallid cheeks as he lets out an uncharacteristic laugh.

“Surprise! Or not. It’s a guaranteed cliche that I’d show up here. I quite literally lived rent free in his head for years, do you really think he was going to dream about anything else? A little exorcism will never stop me from haunting him one way or another, even if I’m only a handsome figment of his feeble imagination. What do you think, are you enjoying this meta banter?”

You can’t let him distract you with his words. Dream or not, Veles is nothing but trouble. Just as you try to figure out how exactly you’re supposed to stop him, you feel a strange sensation in your hand. Quickly taking a glance down, you’re surprised to find a sheet of paper now firmly in your grasp. Strange, how did that get there?

“God, boo, you’re so boring. All business, huh? Tell me, what’s it going to be then…?” Veles chuckles under Io’s breath as he takes a confident stride towards you, “Are you going to make a pathetic attempt at saving the little weenie prince in distress, or are you going to run home and cry to mommy? Heh, as if I’d let y- HURRY!” You’re caught off guard as Veles’ smug taunts turn into choking, shaking gasps, “Read it! Read it now before he- OH, shut up! Once again, you try to ruin everything. Heh. Not this time...”

The room around you suddenly feels much darker, and you can’t help the feeling you’re being watched by many, many angry eyes. You’d better take Io’s advice before things get any worse!

Art by ghost.

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 00:59:37 )
Summary
Entering the Watchful Door led straight to Io's nightmare.
He's having a nightmare about being possessed by the demon Veles.
Decipher this spell in order to free him!

Mechanics
Decipher the meaning of the symbols to reveal a message.
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.
Hint: The image at the bottom of the page will help you. Try also to look for repeating letters!

Prize
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 10 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Possession will be added to Joyful Jamboree.

All participants in this thread will be granted a free Possession at the end of the event.
(Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:00:13 )
SOLVE THE SPELL...

Current Progress
Unlock Reached!

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:00:34 )
YOU INPUT THE CODE...

You quickly engross yourself within this mysterious spell, trying to make heads or tails of what it’s trying to say. Can’t anything in these nightmares just be simple? Knowing you don’t have the time or luxury to complain about it, you quickly rack your brain.

In your distraction, you fail to notice the increasingly annoyed Veles readying to attack you. Black, lashing tendrils emerge from the darkness surrounding you as thousands of disembodied eyes open and blink, staring at you with burning hatred.

“Well it’s been fun, but I think you’ve worn out your welcome. Be a dear and die, would you?”

Just as a heavy shadow tentacle comes sweeping down towards you, a moment of brilliance hits you as you finally call out the written spell. Before it could even make impact the tendril vanishes, and Veles lets out a cry of disgust.

“Really?! I’m defeated by a children’s puzzle game?! Keh, pathetic! You really are insulting me with this dream, Io!” His groans of displeasure come to an abrupt stop as Io collapses forward onto his knees, coughing and breathing heavily as he tries to regain his composure. You immediately approach to help him, but he shakily waves you off.

“N..No.. Thank you… I’m alright…” He gives you a weak smile as he pushes himself back up onto his feet, “This wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had to go through that…” You can tell how solemn the thought makes him, but he quickly moves the conversation along, “You were very clever back there, I knew I could rely on you… But we really should get out of here, before he decides to try again…”

You couldn’t agree more, and quickly guide him towards the dream door to freedom.

WHERE TO GO?

You have unlocked the chance to vote for which door you'd like to enter first.
To vote, simply ping Io with: @Io: I vote for [this door].
The door that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at [time].

Doors Available:
The Caged Door
A Metal Barred Door With Darkness Behind

The Inscribed Door
A Door Covered in Mysterious Writing

The Youthful Door
A Fun Painted Door Covered in Drawings

The Lost Door
The Decaying Door
The Damp Door
The Reflective Door
The Unlucky Door
The Shaking Door
The Watchful Door

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:07:37 )
.................................. uhhhhh..... gahck??? x.x /dead/ *prepares to bash head against wall* ... let's see if I can sort this out at all....

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:08:56 )

I don't think I'm good at ciphers. o uo; Good luck, everyone!

Voltie — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:11:39 )
*whispers very loudly* if it's too difficult, pleeeeease remember you don't have to do these alone, you can work togetheeer...
later.

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:12:53 )
I've gotten a couple of words, so far.
I think I know what to do next, but then I have no idea what the first word of the second line is. D;

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:15:45 )
    Omg I am deceased

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:16:01 )

Is that eyeball a key? O:

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:23:04 )
@Kent: Yes.
The symbols below correspond to the letters in eyeball

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:23:50 )
Ok, I'm going to post my thoughts so far... I didn't get very far, but maybe it will help somebody take it to the next level? I'll keep working on it too..

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:23:56 )

I think I got it

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:24:31 )

I think the first word is
Veles

if that helps anyone get some extra letters

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:25:51 )

@wildfire: the rest of the letters in the bottom word spell 'eyeball'
so that'll give you Y B and A. Other than that, I'm right at the same point as you.

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:26:33 )
I have all but three words.
Getting kind of stumped.
Like I should definitely know what it says, but my brain isn't grasping it.

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:27:34 )
Got it!
It was the last word.
For some reason I kept looking at it and thinking it wasn't an actual word. xD

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:27:46 )

I don't understand how to get letters out of these symbols. When I use the first letter of the planets/ zodiac symbols it doesn't make a comprehensible sentence. Do I need to read the story? I don't understand how to get the letters...

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:28:42 )
@icedchai: That's a good clue!!!

@Starlight: I think you might have gotten it...and if not, I'm guessing that it's pretty close!! (I haven't looked at your answer critically yet) <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 01:29:24 )

@Ark: It's a type of cipher. Each symbol stands for a letter. The bottom image is a key, once you know what word it is then the rest will fall into place!

★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.