Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Anime shows to watch?

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 18:37:16 )
I am starting an anime watch list for me and i need some shows got any good ones.

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 20:02:20 )
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost

Hooo boy

InuYasha
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Neon Genesis: Evangelion
any and all flavours of Gundam
Chobits
xxxHOLiC
Akira (feature film but still recommend)
Ghost in the Shell (timeless)

Sailor Moon falls into this category but I personally find it hard to watch now that I'm older. It'll always hold a special place in my heart tho...

Attack on Titan
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
Seven Deadly Sins
Death Note (a modern classic)
Demon Slayer
Cop Craft
Sword Art Online (not a Pulitzer Prize winner, but still fun to watch)
Granblue Fantasy (the game is good too~)
Dorohedoro
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (ORAORAORAOORAORAORORA)
Hero/Mask
B: The Beginning
Loveless
Solty Rei
Ergo Proxy

There are a few more for which I can't remember the names |D

oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 20:38:04 )
@minerva: Thanks I will add these to my list I am watching The Disastrous Life of Saki K. It is goos so far but I really want to watch MHA and Demon Slayer but the others might be good too so I will check them out and thanks again lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 20:49:34 )

If you aren't sure what to watch you could start with what is top rated.
Top anime on My Anime List
So watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (must watch!)
Stein's Gate (Sci-Fi with a slow start, but it's soo good. It will change the way you view time travel)
Fruits Basket (2019) version. Remaster/Remake of an older anime from 2001. This one has beautiful animation and follows the manga unlike the original)

You will see a lot of Gintama seasons, and it is soo good, but I don't recommend it unless you have seen a lot of anime or understand Japanese pop culture. It's full of jokes making fun of stuff like that.

For movies I recommend Your Name (Kimi no Na wa) and Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi). Both from 2016. Pretty amazing movies, I like Your Name, but others like Silent Voice better. They aren't the same author or director or anything, but they are both standout movies from the same year, so they are often compared.

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 20:52:55 )
@totalanimefan: Thanks for the list of shows I can watch and thank for the response I really appreciate that you guys are giving me all these shows to watch

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 20:53:53 )

@Hazbin: No prob. They don't call me Total Anime Fan for nothing haha
Which shows have you seen and which do you like?

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 21:33:14 )
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost

@Totalanimefan: I was gonna say, if anyone is the authority around here, it's you! lol
Can't believe I forgot about FMA

@Hazbin: Before long you'll have so many titles, you'll be set for years!

oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 21:59:11 )
@totalanimefan: I have seen black butler oran high host club and saki k but thats it

@minerva: Hehe yeah then i will have to start making a list of what eps i am on

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 22:06:21 )

@Hazbin: Those are all great shows. If you like Shojo (stuff aimed at girls.) then give Fruits Basket (2019) a go, oh, and Cardcaptor Sakura!
If you liked My Hero Academia, then you could watch more Shonen (stuff aimed at boys, but girls can like it too), the top Shonen anime would be My Hero, One Piece, Naruto, FMA, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Inuysha.
If you like comedy anime I always recommend Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun. It makes fun of romance and romance anime.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 22:07:33 )

@Minerva: Haha I'm not the authority, that makes me sound like I control all. Just a fan that has watched a lot since her middle school days lol

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 22:59:51 )
@minerva:
@totalanimefan: This is for both of you but i love anime but I hate dragon ball Z and Pokemon hate me if you want but they are just blah

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 23:18:39 )

@Hazbin: that’s ok! Not every show is everyone’s cup of tea. :)

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/2 02:05:17 )
@minerva:
@totalanimefan:
Are you guys into FNAF because I made A new Forum with a theory That I had about it

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/2 03:25:48 )

@Hazbin: 2scary4me

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/2 11:13:36 )
I recommend Violet Evergarden, Carole & Tuesday and Magi. Violet Evergarden is currently my favourite as it’s so beautiful and heartbreaking. ;_;

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/2 20:26:33 )
@juliette: okay thanks

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 17:25:24 )
If you're looking for a slightly underground type anime I definitely suggest Golden Kamuy

It's an action/historical/comedy slightly mystery sort of anime set in the Meiji restoration era of japan, after the Ruso-Japanese war where the main character is a veteran trying to get gold in order to pay for an old friend's eye surgery, it's a really heartfelt series and you learn a lot about the indigenous Ainu people and their culture along the way but it also has a lot of comedy in it!
And a lot of naked men. I don't know why Noda likes drawing naked men so damn much. There's also quite a bit of gore if you read the manga, but in the anime it's much much more censored

Also beware of the episode one CGI bear. It's horrid but in a very funny way lol it's sort of a meme in the fandom, but it was done because of a tight budget seeing as it's an anime or manga that's not very well known. The animation most definitely gets better after the first few episodes.

all hail the gay mushrooms

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 22:08:11 )
Cyberpunk 2077 Edgerunners.

Art Website/
Instagram/
Youtube

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 22:22:56 )

+1 for Golden Kamuy!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/28 01:28:39 )
I definitely recommend toilet bound hanako-kun. they are having a rebroadcast for s1 and if you want to know the rest of the story, you should totally read the manga. Its amazing and the art style is gorgeous. i would also recommend little witch academia which is the first anime series i watched and i really enjoy. its sad that it only have 1 season tho.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.