Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat engagement rings arrived :DDD

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 15:02:55 )

We're so excitedddddd

shoutout to the scar on my knuckle where I accidentally punched the edge of my desk at work

shoutout also to gross apartment counter textures that blur my photo!

The wedding band that was made with it looks so dang cute too ;v;;;;;;
and everything fits perfectly on the first try (I worried cause my fingers are tiny)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 20:03:42 )

@Jolly: oh wow those are so pretty!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 20:51:31 )

@Totalanimefan:
I love them sm ;;;;;;v;;
I really gotta stop punching the edges of desks tho so I dont break it or something
so clumsy

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 21:08:11 )
Those are gorgeous! Congrats!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 21:13:19 )
    Ohhh, it's lovely! I was looking at that design shape, but my partner preferred something more traditional. We ended up settling on a princess cut with a silver band.

I found some really beautiful artistic rings and found that I was really attracted to the ones that weren't symmetrical, or had raw gems instead of diamonds.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 21:16:48 )

@Jolly: Yeah that would probably be a good idea lol
Where did you get your rings from?

@blue: Princess cut is really pretty still. I hope that you like your current rings.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 21:20:29 )
    Did the proposal already happen, or are you going to re-create it? It's very exciting!

And I do, haha. I'm a pretty simple person and don't wear jewelry most of the time, so it fits me perfectly. We were both talking recently about how great the salesperson was; no pressure, very clever with figuring out our tastes (we went in empty-headed). She has been e-mailing my partner about wedding bands but we haven't made plans quite yet. One of the things I thought was impressive was the suggestion to get a cathedral setting so that the wedding band fit snug against the engagement ring--a suggestion we both loved.

On the plus side, if I wanted to get a more elaborate wedding band, it won't compete with the simple design of the engagement ring.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 21:48:19 )

That's a good point. ^^
My rings are simple and I really love that about them, but also it's what I wanted lol

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/26 14:44:54 )
oh those are gorgeous!!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/26 15:34:25 )

@macsen191:
Thank you!!

@blue:
That sounds pretty too! I'm real hard to buy this style ring for because I don't like a mountain of diamonds, or anything too big, or anything too expensive, or anything too "cookie cutter". I just wanted something that suited us, that he and I both liked. Wanted a nice artistic design, particularly in the metal itself. Etsy has a lot of designs where they sculpt the metal into intricate ways, it became hard to choose. But we felt this one fit best xD
He was a little easier, he wanted a black tungsten ring that isn't too bulky, but has also something creative in the metal works. I love what he picked!

We didn't do any bent knee proposal, not really into that sort of thing. Maybe its the mild aspergers in me but I never understood how that gets set up without making everyone uncomfortably awkward LOL I dont like public attention anyway, so maybe we'll just do a cute photoshoot later on idk
I can't actually remember how we brought up engagements? We went through a lot together and still came out laughing, so we figured we can get through anything at this point. He knows I'm not into the idea of waiting until I'm asked, so we probably both brought it up naturally lmao

@Totalanimefan:
Mine was made by Ohjewel and his by GentlemansJunction
Both are on Etsy! I searched through every common-name jeweler you could think of and didn't like a single thing. But Etsy took me a minute cause I liked too many things XD
as Etsy does

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/26 16:43:45 )

Funny side bit
My fiance--I'll just call him Jellymoth since that's his twitter name--was at work the other day prepping meat or something. He has this teen coworker who was in the kitchen prepping something also, and he sees the ring on Jelly's hand under his glove. This baffled the guy and he was like "what is that? is that like.. are you married or something?"
Jelly's like sorta I'm engaged
and this kid couldn't really figure out what it meant and was just asking such silly questions like "what is engagement? isn't that the same thing?" and trying to work through his stoned-out confusion while my fiance just watches in amusement :vanora_xd:

He tells me about all the reactions he gets at work and its hilarious and adorable. We keep forgetting that people are way more friendly here than where we came from. So it really makes us happy when even our coworkers talk to us.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/26 20:04:49 )

@Jolly: Etsy is a great place to find beautiful things! It's great ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.