Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Hope for humanity?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 18:00:44 )
To honest I've been losing the ability to have hope for humanity as a whole over the past 4 years or so. Even more so with the current political drama. In addition I've been having mental stress caused by losing my family to political nonsense and the thought of climate wars. I've seen people on different sites describing a post apocalyptic future which make it seem like an inevitably. I've quit watching the news, that helped actually. However that was just a bandaid solution to my problem; reality still exists. Perhaps I'm just hoping from this thread that someone will give me hope.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 20:16:12 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I understand, its hard to find hope in times like these. If your talking about american politics i curently cant give my thoughts on that (partly bc idk exactly what)
I rarly watch the news bc at this point its always the same bad stuff.

If your talking purely about losing/lost hope of humanity bc alot are bad... consider that the news youl hear is bad for a reasen. People are atracted to insane things and we people are known to blow any small thing out of proportion just to make it more intresting. A great aexemple was a few years ago "the dress" where people started to divide eachother simply bc one group saw one ver of it and the other another ver of it.

In terms of "apocalypse" i truly 100% we are either in one or will gradually be in one without noticing.

I sadly dont think somebody else will be able to help you here.

what i do that keeps me going is distraction. Its not a solution at all and in no way do i recomend it. But it helps me, and i rather be distracted and think everything is fine then be dreadful 24/7.
The distractions can be alot of things aand sometimes might not even help.
My number 1 is making characters and stories. Ive always done that and it lead to other hobbies like drawing and crafting.
Ill consume any kind of media nommater if its bad or good as long as it keeps me entertained
i cant think of anything else rn.

If you think it seriously impacts you then consulting somebody trained would be ideal.

If i make no sense at all im sorry i took some pills the other day and its still fucking me up.
Note: the pills where meant to help with sleep and anxiety
it wasent drugs
it makes it sound like i was taking drugs i swear i wasent

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/20 22:31:23 )
    It happens.
    Just don't sit in the cynicism for too long because it can make you bitter without appreciating the simple pleasures life has to offer. Sometimes you just have to take things for face value and with a grain of salt. Often this comes with age, but mostly it's just from understanding your own limits and how to sort through what the world is offering you.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 20:59:38 )
@Vampiretaco:

I've been feeling this too!
It was really really bad for me last week, and then I came across this song written by @/peachprc on TikTok.

The lyrics made me sob my eyes out,
it reminded me of the person I used to be before all this happened.
And of the person I still want to be despite the fact that it's still going on.

TikTok video on YouTube

don't you think it's adorable how
we keep little letterboxes in front of our house

and don't you find it kind of endearing
we move our bodies to say we like what we're hearing

we're not aquatic but we swim anyway
we keep building robotics to get closer to space

we speak our little thoughts
sing our songs
how lucky is it just to belong

if we could see us like aliens do
I think we'd probably view us as benevolent too

how we decorate our skin
full of gems like Earth once did

choose another to be our fun
for no reason other than love

I think we're pretty nice

yeah think we're alright

if I had my choice again
I'd always choose human

I'd choose human

Voltie — It or She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/26 19:53:23 )
There is no more hope for people because they follow the wrong people that make them believe in terrible things

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.