Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Whacky pills

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 20:33:03 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I first of want to excuse myself, im not compleatly myself atm and will explain further why in a sec.

So tuesday i went to a psyciatrist and he prescriped me a new medication thats hould help with anxiety and sleep.
I have it to take it at 23:00 eachday.
Yesterday was the first time i took it, at the hour he told me. He also told me that i need to sent him an email in 14 days to say what i think ect.
about 30 mins after i took it i felt like that pill punched me in the face "oh you will sleep u lil shit" and i had to drop everything and go to bed.
It was such an insane overwhelming feeling of tiredness and surrealism.

Today i woke up with that same feeling but at about 13:00 i thought i should get out of bed bc its getting late and i dont wanna spent a whole day in bed.
So i do that i get out and oh god. I feel like theres a hamster in my head controlling my body, like im on auto pilot. My body feels like jelly. I cannot concentrate on anything and everything feels fake. I feel so weak as if i where to punch something it would have no effect. This sensation is insane to me and all i wanna do is cry but the only thing i can do is laugh.

At around 15:00 i couldnt anymore and went back to bed. multiple times i woke up but fell straight asleep again. That went on untill 19:00 when i had to eat.
The feelings still there loud and clear but a little less so. SO i feel like the pills work is going down? idk.
I ate and "played" with my dog. I was just sitting on the couch while gigling like crazy and my dog bumping into me everyfew minutes while i was holding onto her toy.

I hate this, its feels wrong. I cant do anything.

My gran tells me its normal but i never had this with any of the other pills i had to take.
Idk what im trying to achieve with this?
Is it normal? am i dying? share ur experience idk?

If i mistake anythng its because you know lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 20:59:22 )
Sounds like either the dose is way too high or it's not the right med for you. I'd tell that to your doc right away rather than waiting.

I've felt "off" all day from taking new meds, but I've never been completely out of it like that unless I have a fever.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 21:17:10 )

This happens to my mom when she takes her medication and doesn't go to sleep right away.
Which is normal, the bottle says not to operate heavy machinery (aka drive) because you can get loopy.

But.. I don't think you should still be feeling the effects even after you wake up. And not THAT strongly.

I think it's worth an email to your psych, just tell him what you wrote in this post basically.
He should be able to adjust your prescription so that you aren't feeling weak and lethargic in the day time.
That's a little counterintuitive dontcha think, lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 01:42:01 )
    I had that reaction to some sleeping pills when i first started taking psychiatric drugs. Sounds like they are not the right ones for you, but keep trying.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 17:54:27 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Thank people for input,

day 2 isnt better, im only ok if im in bed with my eyes closed and stay perfectly still.
My vission is like tv static with just a dot in the midle thats a bit sharper.
I tried to tell my gran that i might be getting a too high dose but she cuts me off and says the psychiatrist wouldnt prescribe me something wrong.

Its extreamly hard to talk irl. it takes so much energie and everytime i try i feel likei put the settings wrong. I either shout or whisper, stutter and repeat alot.
Ive got alot of trouble thinking and im doing my best but i feel like im close to a panic atack.

Im gonna continue to take them and if its not better on monday im gonna message my psychiatrist.

im sorry if i worry anybody, im trying my best
thank you
goodluck yes

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 20:21:02 )
    If you’re feeling super bad, go to the ER, unless you can contact a DR asap. Regularly taking too much dosage for your body is pretty dangerous with sedatives. I wouldn’t recommend taking any more pills until you’ve had the dosage tweaked, but I’m not a DR and this is just based on experience.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 22:03:08 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Update
i can now think a lil better
im not taking another pill until i hear back from my psychiatrist.
I feel more grounded now but talking is still exhousting
I hope ill be better tomorow

truly a scary experience 0/10 wouldnt recomend

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 15:28:49 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

another update
just as i start to think stuffs getting back to normal i get an ear infection and have a bad bug in my stomach.
Oh lord please give me a break i feel like my bodys going trough all the layers of hell

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 21:37:39 )
Oh no! I hope you're feeling better.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.