Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I ran away from life and never came back.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 05:34:04 )
    I have moments where I pull away from everything and everyone. I usually come back around to either/or, depending on how much time has passed and if my disappearance created any tension with people. But after so long my moments of being present get fewer and farther between, to the point where now I just wonder if I ever came back… at all? Does this make sense to anyone else? Like you run away for so long and so many times that you don’t remember the way back home?
Currently Questing;
keep warm
librarian
fabled
draconic dream

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 11:02:11 )
I can kind of relate, I ran away from my online friend for 10 years because they were scaring me at the time. When I reached out to them again, they seemed different and was a better person. I was afraid they were going to hate me for leaving them but they didn’t.

Sometimes I feel like I’m info dumping them a lot, expect them to help me all the time and I keep worrying that I’m offending them. So I take breaks every once in a while so I don’t have to feel like I’m being a burden to them and not embarrass myself around them. I mean, I would like to trust them not to judge me or anything…I’m trying to do that.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 12:13:27 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I definitly relate.
I have 2 good friends, one ive known for 6 years now. We talk about everyday even if its about nothing if that makes sense. Some days all we say to eachother is goodmorning and night but it gives me some kind of comfort to know ill hear from her everyday.
My other friend however is difrent, i love them dearly and havent known them as long as my firth friend (its been a ged few years now tho). But they truly understand me.
Its been a few weeks now that i simply havent answerd them and they understand that i curently just dont have the energy to talk to them.
Dispite that they regularly send me... not rly asking me how stuffs going more so like an actual conversation without me actually being there lol. I cant exactly explain it but i apreciate it alot.
They are also verbally very uh positive? (idk the right word) like they keep tellling me "your doing great", "i love you" ect but in the most platonic way posible.

Ive had a friend who compleatly cut ties and then came back apologizing. I wasent mad at all, however when i saw they cut ties (like they blocked me on all social media) i was very upset bc i thought i did something horibly wrong. I had their phone number but clearly they didnt want any contact so i thought to respect their wishes to just not sent them. Now its... a lil wierd between us. I accepted their apology but told them it upset me. and since then we havent messaged. We do now following eachother on sm again tho...

Now for me i have a very hard time to stay in contact with people for a long time. Its a wonder that ive been able to send my first friend for 6 years everyday and ive got no idea how im doing it lol. But at this time it feels natural.
Ive always strugled with mental health, its sadly a family thing where my great grandmother, grand mother and mom all strugle with it for their whole lives so it dosnt seem like ill b any difr...
Due to that keeping contact with anybody takes so much energy wich i simply dont have.
It dosnt help that on better days i try to push myself to do better to then double down on being worse lol.

All i can do is wish you luck

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.