Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Your Emotions Aren't Your Own

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 23:02:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Well, at least there's no new shit cropping up." Azazel sighed. "Things aren't getting better, but at least they're not getting worse." he reasoned, looking absently into the building.

"But... means I can spend a day or two trying to come up with answers." he reasoned.

"I'll check up on you and touch base in a couple of days." he then told Erica.

"I just hope these incidents don't continue." he said further.

"Anyway... try and stay safe, okay?" he asked her. "Just... yeah, just try and make sure you don't get hurt in any of these incidents that may break out close to you." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 23:06:12 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Yeah, thanks Az." Erica said.

"I'm going to be asking Gabe when I see him next, as well, see if he knows anything else that could be doing this." She admi9tted.

"Yeah, you do that. I'm going to ask around myself, as well." Izzy added. "Because that really is weird. If nothing else."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 23:28:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Excellent idea." Azazel said to Erica. "The archangels may very well know if something weird is happening in the world." he reasoned, before looking over towards Izzy.

"And good idea as well. Having more people out finding info is always a good idea." he reasoned.

He then just sighed, and looked towards Erica again.

"Anything else we can do for you right now?" he asked her.

"Or you gonna be okay for now?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 23:45:00 )

Erica just sighed, heavily.

"I think I'll be all right." She told him honestly.

"I'm just worried and concerned about all this." She added.

"Because... this isn't good, and I swear it's not natural"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 00:03:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Understandable." Azazel responded.

"Yeah, the fact that we don't know what this is... is concerning, to understate it." he commented. "So we need to find some sort of inkling as to what the hell is happening." he reasoned.

"Anyway, I'm going to start digging into my contacts and info-networks." he then said.

"Izzy, I'll keep in touch with you periodically as I find things out." he told the security guard.

"And Erica, I'll come see you in a 2 days, at the latest." he then informed Erica.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 00:08:10 )

Izzy nodded.

"I know we'll be in contact." She commented.

"No worries. I'll call ya if there's anything monumental that happens here, too." She addedw ith a shrug.

"Thanks, Az." ERica then said with a soft sigh.

"I'm not looking forward to this, but I do want to know. If you can find anything, that'd be amazing. I'll let you know if Gabe finds or knows anything too." She added.

"Good. Keep me in the loop too, will you?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah, of course." Erica responded with a nod.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 00:30:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"All righty then." Az responded, sighing lightly.

"I'm going to make one more sweep of inside the building, report back to you, Izea, and then start collecting information." he said further, before bidding farewell to the two and heading further inside.

He was the only one allowed to go in and out of the building, as he seemed to be immune to what had happened, and what could happen... with the exception of Roxie, but nobody had seen her lately. Odds were good she was off on her own once more.

Erica could see that Azazel was worried, too. Already, Aedan was still not faring the best, and now this was happening. He and her were really good friends, and he was quite worried about her.

Normally he wasn't so keen and gung-ho to check his demonic contacts, as he always tried to distance himself from that world as much as he possibly could, but this time he was more than willing to throw himself back into that world, if it meant he could help her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 00:37:29 )

Erica didn't say anything for a few seconds, just sighed, heavily.

"I feel bad for him." She commented.

"You too, huh?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah... Just... Oh yeah, how is Aedan doing?" Erica then asked, her voice curious, concerned.

"Well, no worse than before, but also no better." Izzy answered.

"Damn. At least she's not getting worse." Erica commented with a light sigh. She paused a moment before they said their farewells and Erica headed off, knowing that she needed to get home. Sadly, her car was in the shop, so she had to walk it, or use public transit. Granted, it wasn't ideal, but she didn't have a huge issue with it. So she made her way out and waited at the bus stop, not wanting to walk the distance to get home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 00:56:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She was alone at the bus stop, and was waiting for close to 10 minutes, before one of the ones she was looking for pulled up. The doors opened, she got on, paid her fare, made her way through the decently packed bus, and found a seat to sit in, which she did. Given stops and schedules and routes, she estimated that this would be about a 15-20 minute ride, and she hoped nothing would happen.

However, this was not the case. It seemed like it would be, as when she heard a stop called out, she knew the next one would be hers. She was practically home... and then she saw it happen.

A fight had broken out elsewhere on the bus... and she witnessed one of the participants stab the other in the gut with a concealed knife that they had.

This caused panic to ensue throughout the vehicle, with people either trying to get away, or subdue the one with the weapon, and the bus had come to a screeching halt, causing the passengers that weren't seated to fall forward and land in small heaps.

Though tempers were starting to flare more than ever now... except for the one that was sitting directly across from her, as the male seemed to be... oddly and alarmingly zen about this, to the point where they looked ready to just adopt some sort of meditation position.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 01:15:11 )

Erica didn't say anything, just cursed mentally at how this seemed to be happening, again. She couldn't seem to get away from it, and it wasn't something she was too ideal for her, but... her stop was soon. If she could just get to the door, she could just get off the bus now.

However, as she got to her feet to head out, she found herself shoved back into the seat, hard, as the alteration involved more people. More, and more people.

It didn't take long before she had to completely fight her way off the bus, and did manage to. However, as she stepped off, she was shoved, and stumbled, hitting the pavement rather hard. She didn't really know how to deal with it for the moment, but did know that she had to get home. However, as she got to her feet again, she noticed that she was hurting, a lot more than she should have, from where she'd felt the impact that had pushed her out of the vehicle.

"... Ow." She muttered before getting to her feet and heading the ouple blocks to get home. It was slow though, she was moving a lot slower than normal, due to the sheer pain that she felt blossoming, and the fact that she was starting to feel a bit on the weaker side as she kept going.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 01:35:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

By the time she got back to her home, she was practically trudging. She felt like she was slogging through waist-deep sludge when she unlocked the door and stepped inside. She closed the door behind her, and started to walk forward, before she caught her reflection in the full-length mirror she had in the entryway, so people could check themselves over before they left, and when they came home.

And something stood out immediately.

She was wondering why she hurt so much in that one spot, and now she knew. The point where she had been 'shoved' was wet. And red. And it was spreading out alarmingly quickly.

She had been stabbed. And she'd walked home while bleeding out. From the looks of it, it hadn't been dripping, so she hadn't left a blood trail... but it looked like she was mere minutes away from just dripping blood onto the floor there.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 01:40:08 )

Erica was completely silent, not knowing what it was that she could say or process regarding this for a moment. As she looked to her reflection, she found herself staring for a few secnonds, her brain not quite processing it as well as it normally would.

"Oh shit." She muttered before looking to her feet, seeing she was still on tile, thankfully. She didn't say anything more though before sighing. At least now she knew why she hurt.

"Hey Gabe, you in!?" She called, slightly weakly into the house.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 01:58:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She received silence for a few seconds, making her fear the worst, when she suddenly heard him call back.

"Comin'!" the man exclaimed, as she heard slightly hurried footsteps.

She looked to the left, and saw him approach... but stop in place for a fraction of a second.

"Oh my God!" he exclaimed, seeing her bleeding, and then racing towards her.

"Erica!? What happened!?" he asked her when he was close enough, and saw just how bad the wound was. He immediately put his hand over it, and started to pulse his mana into her.

If nothing else, he needed to close that wound. Fast.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 02:15:59 )

Once he was close enough, and had an arm around her, Erica allowed herself to relax into his grasp.

".... Holy Hell that really was starting to hurt." She commented.

"As for what happened, that's part of the reason I was looking for you." She added.

"When did you get back, anyway?" She asked a few seconds later, her voice curious. As Gabe was doing what he was, he could hear her starting to sound better, and could see that she was looking better too. She'd still be a bit weak and unsteady due to the blood loss, but that, at least, would have been stopped.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 02:37:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Gabe was silent for a moment, before carrying her to the bathroom that was by her bedroom. Normally he would take her to the couch or bed, but he knew that she wouldn't want any blood staining her couch, bed, or carpeting for that matter. So he was being careful to make sure it didn't drop.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"Firstly, I got back about a half-hour ago." he told her.

"I was thinking about a way to surprise you with something, but it seems you surprised ME first." he lamented.

"Also, part of the reason you were looking for me?" he asked. "Is there more to it than you bleeding badly from a grievous wound?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 02:42:02 )

Erica sighed.

"There really is more to it." she confirmed after a few seconds.

"Gabe, do you know of anything, or anyone else that has a similar effect to my curse?" She asked, her voice curious as he worked on cleaning the wound.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 03:34:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Gabriel paused when she asked her question... and seriously thought about it for a moment.

"I... hm." he mumbled.

"A similar effect? Like making emotions run high, and out of control?" he asked her.

"Yeah." Erica responded with a small nod.

"I... not offhand, no." he admitted. "Some of my siblings might, but I don't offhand." he told her.

"A special kind of empath can project their feelings onto another person, but that's... limited." he then said. "It's usually just directed at ONE person, and it's arguably a weak effect." he continued.

"So nowhere near the level of your curse."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 03:36:55 )

"Damn. If there isn't anything else, either someone is working with serious magic to copy it, or this thing is getting out of hand, without seeming like it is." Erica commented.

"Neither Izea nor Azazel detect anything amiss with it." She said with a sigh.

"So I don't know. It's spread more since you left, but nothing... too extreme."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 04:10:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Gabe checked her arm, and concentrated for a moment.

"...I don't sense anything different, either." he told her, which pretty solidly confirmed that SHE was not the problem. Izzy didn't hear anything, Azazel didn't feel anything, and Gabriel... the archangel with the most experience with people that had the curse... wasn't finding anything different or off.

"And getting out of hand?" he asked her.

"...did a fight or riot or something break out around you, and you ended up with the wound?" he asked her further.

Then, before she really could respond, he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry you got hurt." he said quietly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/14 04:15:14 )

Erica returned the embrace.

"Yeah. On the bus." She told him honestly, not stepping back.

"And it's not the first time."She added after a few seconds before stepping back, sighing.

"Several fights, bar brawl style, happening in places they shouldn't be happening." She admitted.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.