Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Your Emotions Aren't Your Own

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 02:53:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

The sun shone down on the pair, as the made their way down the street. The male sighed quietly as he looked up at the sky, and saw the white clouds drifting aimlessly though the wind. For all intents and purposes, it seemed like it was a gorgeous, perfect day... but it seemed like the weight of the world was upon his shoulders... and the woman could see that.

"Hey." she said. "You all right?" she asked, brushing some of her red and white hair away from her mild blue eyes.

The man looked back at her, his own blonde hair falling in front of his own eyes, and he shook it away slightly. He was silent, and was about to say something, when she spoke further.

"The Unit?" she inquired.

He merely sighed in response.

"Yeah." he replied. "I mean, I was able to leave, as were Angela and Liv, and many others, but... that situation is still happening. And there are still those out there that are still in danger." he reasoned. "It's frustrating, to understate it." he commented, before shaking his head slightly and lightly slapping his cheeks with his palms.

"Sorry." he apologised. "This outing was supposed to help me get my mind off that." he said. "And I don't want to bring YOU down as well." he reasoned, before looking forward, and then up towards the sky once more.

"Oh yeah." he said.

"How are things going with you and my 'Uncle'?" he asked her.

"I haven't heard much from my Dad or anyone, and I know that no news is good news and all, but I just figured I'd ask." he reasoned, trying to bring the topic of conversation to a lighter note.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 03:01:19 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She was silent for a moment.

"Things are good with Gabe and I." She told him honestly.

"Same as usual. He's been pulled away due to the shit going on at work," She paused a moment, sighing lightly, "and I haven't seen him for about a week, but it's probably the same with your folks. Doubt Aimee's seen Yuri for about the same." She added.

"But yeah, things are all right with him and I. And at you, Angela and Liv were let out. ... more specifically, at least Liv is out." She added.

"And Pey and Mira aren't caught up in all this either. The last thing we need is to hav e avery pissed off dwarf on our asses."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 03:49:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He nodded in response.

"Yeah, fair." he said. "Mom hasn't heard from Dad in a while, I admit, so... yeah, some stuff must be going on." he reasoned. "Dunno WHAT, though." he then mumbled.

"Still, good that you and him still seem to be doing well." he said. "I'm glad to hear it." he said further.

"Also, yes, I am SUPER glad that Angela and Liv were fine, and allowed to leave." he agreed. "As well as Mira and Peyton being away from the Unit while this is going down." he went on.

"It's a small relief, in perspective, but I'll take what I can get." he reasoned.

"Also glad that YOU were away while this started." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 03:58:39 )

"Yeah... pretty sure I got seriously lucky." She commented with a sigh.

"At any rate, let's chat about something else?" She suggested.

"You wanted lunch as a distraction all that, after all." She added with a laugh.

"Oh! How's the clothing designing for Anya going?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 04:49:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Ah!" he exclaimed lightly.

"Quite well." he told her. "I have a decent selection there... and she is a VERY fair curator." he said. "Seriously, I'm fairly certain she's getting only a fraction of a fraction of what she should be getting from it, my cut is so large." he went on.

"It's... well, it's amazing." he admitted.

"And my designs have been selling like mad, too." he continued.

"Never saw myself partnering with a demon on such things, but... life always finds a way to surprise." he added with a small chuckle.

"I'm working on a new lineup right now. Or, well, I have the designs sketched out." he then said.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 04:53:06 )

"Hah, that's brilliant." She told him honestly, with a smile.

"Extra money from a hobby, or would you say it's a passion? is always win." She added.

"Because seriously, that's luck. How do your folks feel about you working with a demon so ... well, closely?" She asked, her voice curious.

"And do you do any clothing with her webbing? I know she has some available. Apparently Gabe was looking at maybe surprising me with something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 05:23:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He paused for a moment, thinking about it.

"...yes. Yes I do." he said.

"That actually has its own section." he told her. "Like, there's my section of clothing, and the rest of the store is Anya's, but my clothing that has her web integrated into it has a special few racks in HER store." he went on.

"So just be wary of that." he said further.

"Also, they seem fine with my working with a demon." he then answered her. "I guess they're aware that not all demons are bad." he continued.

"...though Dad has stressed that he doesn't trust Anya's... libido..." he admitted quietly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 05:29:24 )

"I don't think anyone actually trusts that." She commented with a laugh.

"Seriously though. At least it's all going well." She added with a nod.

"And... can I see some of your current designs?" She asked as they stepped inside a cafe

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 05:51:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He paused when she asked that, and nodded.

"Yeah, sure." he said.

"I mean, I don't have the sketchpad on me right now, just the small notebook for future inspirations, but we can head back to my place and you can thumb through the sketchpad if you want." he told her.

The two of them then made their way to the counter, where they placed their orders and went to a booth to sit down. Once they were seated, he smiled at her.

"SO glad you avoided the current bullshit that's happening." he said again.

"And, seems like you've just been getting better and better every time I see you." he added with a sincere smile.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 05:54:38 )

"Not gonna lie... it's because of Gabe." She told him with a light sigh.

"He's... done more for me than I realised couldbe done." She added. "I was content in my solitude, but also didn't realise that it was lonliness." She admitted.

"So... yeah. He's made one hell of a difference." She added before laughing.

"Hell, this gets out of hand even less as well." she said as she lifted her covered arm.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 06:20:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He just smiled again and nodded, but before he could say anything, they heard something... from behind them. A few booths down. It sounded like there was an argument brewing... and it was escalating. Fast.

They heard it was between a woman and a man, and their talking became a little louder... and even louder still. It was made apparent that it was in regards to her breaking up with him, and then accusations of cheating and gold-digging started to fly. But before the two of them could really say anything, they heard a yell, a crash, and then a high-pitched shriek.

"Get down." he told the woman in a low and almost commanding tone.

"This is getting bad. Quickly." he said further.

She then saw the look in his eyes. He looked ready to attack someone, but whether or not it was to protect her, or because he was aiming to be proactive... she couldn't say right now.

And that was when she noticed a shoving match was happening on the opposite end of the café.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 06:23:34 )

She was silent as she got under the table, not sure it was really necessary, but also realising that Zeke wasn't one to not listen to in regards to this.

"Greaaaaat." She muttered.

"Want to just cancel our orders and get out of here?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Instead of getting caught up in this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 08:31:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

By the time she'd suggested that, it was too late. Someone was charging straight for Zeke, who... using the force of their own momentum... sent them flying into a few others, causing them all to land in a heap.

He then growled and looked around.

"Anyone else!?" he yelled.

"Come on! Try it! JUST TRY IT!" he taunted.

"I absolutely DARE you!" he added, as more and more actual fights started to take place... and she could see it; they were starting to merge. This was turning into a legit bar brawl, but in the café.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 12:06:01 )

His companion crawled out from under the table and just laid a hand on his arm.

"Zeke... come on. Please?" She asked.

"Let's get out of here. I don't want to be caught up in it all." She told him honestly.

"And I'd ratehr you didn't end up bloodied and bruised too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 20:11:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke sharply glared at her for a moment... but seeing the worried look in her eyes seemed to snap him out of the anger he was feeling.

"...all right." he said.

"All right, Erica, let's get out of here." he agreed, as he stopped someone else from charging towards them. Once he'd done so, he looked around and quickly led her out of the café, and into the streets.

"...sorry." he apologised.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 20:24:19 )

Once they were out, she sighed.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm all right. More just.... alarmed. What the hell happened?" She wondered.

"I mean, ok. I know that fights and brawls like that can just happen sometimes, but...." She paused, sighing lightly.

"That wa sa fucking cafe. What. The actual. Fuck. Shouldn't that have been in a bar?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 01:17:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke just shook his head lightly.

"I wish I knew." he said.

"Because you're right. That sort of brawl is better suited for a stupid BAR, not a damn CAFE." he reasoned. "And it just started out of nowhere." he went on, looking back at the place.

"...." he was silent and took out his cell phone, calling the police, and learning that they already knew.

Which was when they heard the sirens in the distance.

"We should probably scram."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 02:06:00 )

She nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah, let's go." She said before they headed off in a random direction.

"Do you have any idea where to go?" She then asked as they walked, after a couple of blocks.

"I have no idea, myself for the moment. I'm stuck on the fact that that even HAPPENED." She admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 03:06:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke was silent for a moment, and then just sighed.

"I... I don't even know." he admitted, before getting an idea.

"Well, we can either go back to my place, or yours, and I'll grab the sketchbook." he suggested.

"Order in some food, and you can look through the designs I've done up." he went on.

"That work?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 03:14:55 )

"Oh hey, that sounds like a good idea." She commented with a light laugh.

"Hadn't even considered that, if I'm being honest." She added.

--

The next day, she went out for some coffee, stopping by a cafe again. She'd just run out the other day, and hadn't a chance to grab more yet, so she was using cafe's to buy her caffiene fixes each day.

While there, she decided to get herself a treat as well, before taking a seat with what she ordered. Some peace and quiet in the nice ambience there would be a good start to her day, she was sure.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.