Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Your Emotions Aren't Your Own

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 01:07:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Jax looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"American, huh?" he asked.

"Well, that eliminates Chinese food, Pizza... being Italian and all..." he chuckled.

"Leaves us with burgers. Burgers and fries and onion rings and all that greasy goodness." he told her, handing her one of the menus.

"Take a look." he said. "They got some real good stuff in there, if any peak your interest."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 01:08:46 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"I mean American as in filling, lots of food, and that kind of thing." Liv commented.

"Pasta's good too. Point is, I get the feeling you haven't been eating." She added.

"Not that I can fault ya with Becky missing."

"anyway! Yopu got a preference?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 01:37:55 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jax paused for a moment, and withdrew the menu he'd handed to her, setting it back down.

"Well, pasta... hmmm." he mumbled.

"I know of a pizza place that will REALLY give us some quantity." he chuckled.

"How much did you get, 70?" he asked.

"Yeah." Liv responded.

"The place I'm thinking of will do 3 extra large 3-topping pizzas, a large side of breadsticks, 50 chicken wings, and a 2L pop for that." Jax told her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 01:39:53 )

"Ohhhh." Liv started.

"That sounds like it'd feed us well overnight." She added.

"Put the order in. I don't know where you're thinking, and I'm good with almost anything on pizza. No anchovies though. Keep your fish off of it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 02:03:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"No fish. Got it." Jax responded, taking out his phone.

He did some dicking around on it, before looking at her.

"Yo. Pop?" he asked.

"Cream Soda!" Liv exclaimed, as he chuckled.

"Got it." he responded, finishing it up. Once he did, he dug into his wallet and handed her two 5 dollar bills.

"The total's a little over 70 bucks, but the 5'll cover it, as well as a tip for the delivery person. The other 5 if they're super nice."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 02:05:58 )

Liv nodded.

"Makes sense to me." She commented.

"Any idea how long?" She asked. "Some places give times and shit, so I'm curious."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 02:35:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"25 minutes, to 35 minutes." Jax responded.

He then set his phone down, and sighed heavily.

"...I'm worried about Becca." he told her quietly.

"I know the evidence states that she's alive, but... I'm still worried." he said.

"Is she all right? Where IS she? Why is scrying not working?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 02:46:06 )

Liv didn't say anything, just sighed and took a seat next to him.

"I wish I knew." She told him.

"sadly, those are questions that I don't think anyone can answer at the moment, aside from her." she added.

"Was she heading out for work reasons or anything recently? Maybe something happened somewhere she was going. I have no idea, it's just something that crossed my mind."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 03:14:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jax paused and thought for a moment.

"Hmmmm." he mumbled.

"I remember... yeah, I think it was something to do with work." he told her.

"She... got a call from someone she works with. Said they wanted to talk about something with her, I believe." he continued.

"Can't remember WHO, exactly, though..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 03:18:59 )

"If it was work related, then there's a decent chance, I think, that she'll have something or other somewhere for a record." Liv commented.

"I refuse to believe that she was stupid enough to go meet with someone without leaving a note or trail of some sort." She added after a moment or two.

"Especially since she's an interrogator."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 03:39:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...I hadn't thought of that." Jax admitted.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Then I'll need to do some careful remembering, maybe check her room over or something." he said, clearing thinking hard on it now.

"Because you're right, she should have left something." he agreed.

"I can't believe I didn't think of that."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 03:44:00 )

"You've been worried." Liv commented.

"It's ok. I get it." She added. "When worried, people tend to hyperconsider everything, OR they overlook everything."

"Do you have access to her digital files at all? Tablet, laptop, PC, phone, whatever. She might have something in there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 04:01:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Ahhhh..." Jax mumbled, thinking about it.

"Yyyyyyyyyyyes. Yes, I do." he said.

"I mean, I don't know the passwords, but I have them." he then said further. "...which is to say, I have them written down and hidden away in MY room, for emergencies and whatever." he clarified.

"So yes, I DO have access. Or I have the means TO access them."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 04:07:34 )

"Good. That's a good place to look." Liv commented.

"That and if she had a planner or whatever." she added.

"Beyond that, I'm not sure. Hopefully you'll find something in there that can help poiunt in the right direction, in any way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 04:27:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jax nodded in response.

"I hope so." he responded.

The next little bit was spent with Liv calming Jax down, and the two of them having small talk, when his phone went off, and he answered it. He spoke for a couple of seconds, before hanging up.

"Delivery guy's here. Might want to go meet him at the door, as it's still pissing down rain." he suggested. "Actually, let's both go." he then said, as the two got up and walked to the door.

The opened it to see the young man approach, and they stepped back to let him step inside. He opened the insulated bag and took out 3 huge pizzas, a bag of breadsticks, and a container of wings, and handed them to Jax, as well as the plastic bag that contained the pop. Jax stepped away and headed inside, as Liv handed the man the money, and he stepped back outside into the rain.

When Liv closed the door, she could really SMELL the aroma of what was ordered. And it smelled tempting.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 04:29:48 )

"Oh man that smells good." Liv commented after closing the door.

"Like holy hell." She added with a light laugh.

"I might need to get the number for this place later."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 04:50:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I'll give you one of their menus. They always give one with every order." Jax chuckled, as the two made their way to the den. He set everything down on the table, and checked the first box.

"Meat lovers..." he mumbled. "...Hawaiian..." he continued, checking the second. "...aaaaand the Canadian." he finished.

"Anyway, I'll get us glasses for the cream soda, and we'll... I dunno watch some TV or something while we eat." he suggested.

"Anything you wanna watch, or any kinda genre or whatever?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 05:52:07 )

"Sounds good." Liv agreed.

---

She was silent as she slipped out into the hall. It wasn't hard to guess that she was only able to do it because of the fact that they hadn't expected her to be able to find her free will again. She knew it was because of what she was, being a siren gave her some protections. Those protections were most certainly what she was thrilled ot have a the moment, as well.

She made her waythrough the halls of where she was, avoiding everyone, along with making it a point to try and find her way out. Nothing was marked in such a way though, making it rather difficultfor her, but she was still trying.

After awhile, she didn't even know how long, she found a room that was unprotected, the door was open a crack. It seemed like perhaps it was a case of someone left abruptly, and she was going to continue, until she noticed a crystal glowing deep within the room. Of course, her curiosity got the better of her, and she approached it.

As she took the crystal in her hands, she realised what it was. She could feel her friends, the familiarity of them all.

".... these are the soul fragments." She said quietly, her voice stunned. That at least gave her an idea as to where she was, or at least who she was with.

She also knew what she needed to do. She knew this would draw attention to her, but she didn't care. This needed to be done.

So she used her voice. She increased the pitch to the point that glass would shatter, and hoped it would work with this too. She knew people would be coming for her, but she had to free them.

Just as a tall male wood elf made his way into the room, angry and promising trouble, the crystal cracked. She backed away from himn, not changing the pitch, until she couldn't. She found a dart in her wrist, and what it contained was acting fast. She tried to break the crystal before she fell, but couldn't.

It fell just before she did. But when it hit the ground, there was a pulse of mana as it shattered, the fragments escaping.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 06:20:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"NO!" the wood elf exclaimed, as he raced towards the shattered crystal, watching the fragments rise up and disappear through the architecture. "NO, DAMN IT!" he cursed loudly, looking at the fallen woman.

"You..." he growled, grabbing her by the collar, and looking ready to punch her right in her face.

Which was when he heard another male voice speak from the doorway.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." the off-coloured elf said, causing the wood elf to whip his head around and glare at him.

"Silence, grub!" he snapped. "It'll be your word against mine, and you know she'll believe me over you." he hissed with a smug smirk.

"You overestimate your standing." the newcomer responded. "She also knows how each of us are. And considering you were the first here, and how violent you are, how do you think she'll react when you hurt the one that she has STRESSED not to hurt, hmmm?" he asked.

The wood elf just growled again, but didn't move.
Meanwhile, at the Unit, as Anya was walking past the door to the room that Sebastien was contained in, she heard him yell out.

But not in frustration, as had become the norm.

This one seemed to be pain. And she could almost HEAR the difference in it.

This one also seemed to have more... clarity. Sanity. Less demonic inflection to it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 06:44:58 )

Anya paused a moment when she heard that.

"Eh?" She wondered before stepping up the door and knocking.

"Hey Sebastien!" She called into the room through the door.

"You ok?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.